We were recently lucky to catch up with the team behind the upcoming 1/18 diecast of KITT, from Hot Wheels Elite! They say KITT is doing well, and provided us these images of the latest KITT tooling model that they just received from their engineers. Note that these images aren't a final product, but rather a work in progress as they constantly refine to get a perfect accurate model.
And if that wasn't exciting enough, they've also shared a recent video of the scanner light in progress! This is just one of the many features this product will have in addition to:
- Working LED scanner
- Pop up headlights
- Opening doors
- Opening engine hood- reveals the "Knight Industries turbo jet engine with modified afterburners"
- Lift up, and removable T-tops
- Ejector driver and passenger seats
- Fold down rear seat
- Opening rear hatch
- Rotating license plate function to reveal alternate plate
- Working steering
- Underside chassis details include Rocket Boosters, Smoke screen, flame thrower, and grappling hookr, and grappling hook
Pretty beautiful stuff so far, can't wait to see how it turns out! It's currently scheduled for release in the last quarter of 2012.