Universal Studios Presents: KNIGHT RIDER 2006!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Universal Studios Presents: KNIGHT RIDER 2006!

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:16 pm

I understand that you guy's know all of this stuff already and in fact I feel that I'm repeating myself, but in a situation like this I think it's important to give you all some bit of hope that the movie, indeed is going to be done.
As I was browsing in the net, desperate of finding any kind of information as to wether the movie is going to be done or not, I found nothing but rumors, both old & new and David himself as you already may know hasen't written anything new on his website regarding Knight Rider, just a simple speech, that he is working on it and that he will be giving us a update soon. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!
People are waiting for some real news! I don't know about you guy's but I'm certainly tired of waiting for any of them to give us a real resonable update! It dosen't make sense at all, so I browsed even more, still couldn't find anything! The only thing I found in which may be something is: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001327/
This is a link to imdb.com and my guess is that you all have seen it before, but atleast it says that both Knight Rider and Click are in Pre-Production, which means that they are shooting the movies as we speak. I don't know if this made you a bit comfortable but, it's the only thing in which I can provide you for now.
Right... It would be nice if you guy's could provide us with some links with true sources.

I THINK IT'S TIME TO LAY THE CARDS ON THE TABLE!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:28 pm

imdb is absolutely wrong about the Knight Rider movie, as we have seen many times before. The movie can not go into pre-production until a studio gets behind it. There is no studio yet.

Standard disclaimer:

"imdb relies on user-submitted information and does not verify the listings. The information they have directly conflicts with what we have heard directly from David Hasselhoff. None of the data on imdb regarding the Knight Rider movie is correct."

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:24 pm

IMBD is just like GameStop.... They Get Sh*t WRONG.... But unlike IMBD who gets there info from the fans.. GameStop gets their info from the suppliers and still gets the release dates wrong.

I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:16 am

Really? I thought that they were the reliable one? But I doubt that a big movie database like that is providing us with wrong information!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:19 am

IGN Filmforce is the reliable one. Below is its address

http://filmforce.ign.com/

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Universal Studios Presents: KNIGHT RIDER 2006!

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:37 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:People are waiting for some real news! I don't know about you guy's but I'm certainly tired of waiting for any of them to give us a real resonable update!
Then what's the reason for this post? Once again it's the same old news. I know we're all anxious here, but there's no point in posting about it (other than ideas) until real news is out.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:21 am

Then what's the reason for this post? Once again it's the same old news. I know we're all anxious here, but there's no point in posting about it (other than ideas) until real news is out.
I haven't said that it's new, have I? And who asked for your rude opinion? I know that the website I provided isn't something new or something that you haven't already seen and if you just look a bit carefully on what I wrote you will notice that as well!
I'm just socializing with people! That's still legal isn't it?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:47 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:I haven't said that it's new, have I? And who asked for your rude opinion? I know that the website I provided isn't something new or something that you haven't already seen and if you just look a bit carefully on what I wrote you will notice that as well!
I'm just socializing with people! That's still legal isn't it?
Sure. It's just that there's about 20 other threads about the same thing. It gets a little redundant after a while, that's all. And no one asked for my opinion, but that is the point of a message board and what people do when you create threads.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:22 am

Sure. It's just that there's about 20 other threads about the same thing. It gets a little redundant after a while, that's all. And no one asked for my opinion, but that is the point of a message board and what people do when you create threads.
WELL, IGNORE IT THEN!!! I thought I made my point clear and that the website might not be the best one to visit on such short notice. Just wanted people to once again discuss about it (providing links etc.).
And your opinion is indeed very rude to me and I didn't ask for that.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:29 am

Actually Armen, it is you who is being extremely rude, just as you were over at Knight Rider UK before we eventually banned you. The purpose of a message board is to share our opinions, no matter how much they differ from the thread makers, not to tell people to keep their opinions to their selves because they don’t agree with the thread maker. The news you posted is indeed old, just as you yourself admit, and the site that you used to get the information is indeed extremely unreliable, no matter how much you may doubt that fact. If I so desired, I mtself could submit an update to that site and turn the film into a Team Knight Rider sequel to Legion Of Doom where the plot would wrap up the theft of Kitt, the true identity of Mobius and what actually happened to Michael Knight during his years away from the Foundation.

From Matthew
Last edited by Matthew on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:05 pm

Actually Armen, it is you who is being extremely rude, just as you were over at Knight Rider UK before we eventually banned you. The purpose of a message board is to share our opinions, no matter how much they differ from the thread makers, not to tell people to keep their opinions to their selves because they don’t agree with the thread maker. The news you posted is indeed old, just as you yourself admit, and the site that you used to get the information is indeed extremely unreliable, no matter how much you may doubt that fact. If I so desired, I myself could update that site and turn the film into a Team Knight Rider sequel to Legion Of Doom where the plot would wrap up the theft of Kitt, the true identity of Mobius and what actually happened to Michael Knight during his years away from the Foundation.
First of all, I wasn't banned right away. I left that website way before that. Second of all this isn't about agreeing or disagreeing. It's about someone who think's that this thread is unnecessary, how would you react if someone were to tell you that there's no reason for this post or that you shouldn't have created it at all.
Thridly, how on earth can you be so sure that imdb.com is a site that's extremely unreliable. I mean if it was "extremely unreliable" as you stated, then it would have either been banned or someone would have sued their site long before I even would have known it.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:05 pm

Actually Armen, it is you who is being extremely rude, just as you were over at Knight Rider UK before we eventually banned you. The purpose of a message board is to share our opinions, no matter how much they differ from the thread makers, not to tell people to keep their opinions to their selves because they don’t agree with the thread maker. The news you posted is indeed old, just as you yourself admit, and the site that you used to get the information is indeed extremely unreliable, no matter how much you may doubt that fact. If I so desired, I myself could update that site and turn the film into a Team Knight Rider sequel to Legion Of Doom where the plot would wrap up the theft of Kitt, the true identity of Mobius and what actually happened to Michael Knight during his years away from the Foundation.
First of all, I wasn't banned right away. I left that website way before that. Second of all this isn't about agreeing or disagreeing. It's about someone who think's that this thread is unnecessary, how would you react if someone were to tell you that there's no reason for this post or that you shouldn't have created it at all.
Thridly, how on earth can you be so sure that imdb.com is a site that's extremely unreliable. I mean if it was "extremely unreliable" as you stated, then it would have either been banned or someone would have sued their site long before I even would have known it.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:14 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:
I'm fully aware that you weren't banned straight away because we don't just ban people without trying to remedy the situation first. However, we both know that you didn't leave way before you were banned because I was the one who finally made the decision to ban you as you carried out your final unnecessary outburst.

You yourself did admit that you were presenting old news to us, thus admitting to the redundancy of this thread from the beginning. I do see that you could see it as being rude, but in actuality, in comparison to your replies, it wasn't. If I was in your situation, rather than being rude, I would have politely reiterated the point of the thread in case Lost Knight had missed the fact that you were merely trying to ignite discussion over the old known information once again.

IMDB is at its best and most reliable once a film has been released, and all of the cast members and film details are already known to the public. Up until that point, they even have a disclaimer up warning that the details are all subject to change. Given the fact that David Hasselhoff himself has stated that the film is in limbo, the most likely scenario is that the information is derived from an old submission which hasn’t been updated to reflect the reality of the problems that the production has suffered ranging from the desire to mute Kitt to walking away from Revolution Studios due to their stupid idea to mute him. The information that they have regarding the film Click, which now states that it is in post production, does appear to be correct though given the fact that a trailer has been released.

From Matthew
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:37 pm

OK, enough...

We pretty much had this same discussion a month ago. Bringing up imdb again is just adding to the false rumors. If you are a regular member of this board, you shouldn't have to ask for any new information about the movie. Trust me, if anyone hears any news I'm sure it will be posted immediately.

Also, please keep the politics of other boards off of KRO. Thanks.

Mike

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:40 pm

Maybe by the time the movie gets some real backing... Pontiac would have put out a TA concept car. :?

:wink: I can only hope that KITT is black and not red in the movie. :wink:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:05 pm

I'm fully aware that you weren't banned straight away because we don't just ban people without trying to remedy the situation first. However, we both know that you didn't leave way before you were banned because I was the one who finally made the decision to ban you as you carried out your final unnecessary outburst.

You yourself did admit that you were presenting old news to us, thus admitting to the redundancy of this thread from the beginning. I do see that you could see it as being rude, but in actuality, in comparison to your replies, it wasn't. If I was in your situation, rather than being rude, I would have politely reiterated the point of the thread in case Lost Knight had missed the fact that you were merely trying to ignite discussion over the old known information once again.

IMDB is at its best and most reliable once a film has been released, and all of the cast members and film details are already known to the public. Up until that point, they even have a disclaimer up warning that the details are all subject to change. Given the fact that David Hasselhoff himself has stated that the film is in limbo, the most likely scenario is that the information is derived from an old submission which hasn’t been updated to reflect the reality of the problems that the production has suffered ranging from the desire to mute Kitt to walking away from Revolution Studios due to their stupid idea to mute him. The information that they have regarding the film Click, which now states that it is in post production, does appear to be correct though given the fact that a trailer has been released.
Thank you Mike!

I'm not trying to create a Third World War and that's not why I'm here. Matthews speech about what happened at the Knight Rider UK's forum was totally unnecessary and banning me was even worse, sorry to say but there are other people in charge now, and I have full respect for them.
I'm now aware that my topic should have been layed out more precisely, since there are people in here that can missinterpret it. It will never happen again and if there's a way of changing the headline then please tell me so that I can change that.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:30 pm

Don't thank me Knight-Armin... I appreciate that you understand the potential problems you caused by starting this thread, but you're continuing to bring up the politics of other boards after being asked not to. I think the best thing at this point is to lock the thread and just let it fade away. By all means please contact any of the moderators with any concerns: jup, knightshade, neps or myself.