A Knight in Shining Armor mistake

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

theevolved1
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A Knight in Shining Armor mistake

Post by theevolved1 » Sun May 01, 2005 9:58 pm

I was just watching this episode on DVD and I noticed the part where Michael arrives at the foundation with Kathrine and they go to the guest house As they are getting out of KITT you hear michael speaking but his lips arnt moving and when his lips do move they do not match up to the audio. Actually I just went back and re-watched the scene and the audio dosnt match up for Kathrine either. Funny little mistake I thought id share.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun May 01, 2005 10:25 pm

Huh? I don't understand.....

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Mon May 02, 2005 3:28 am

Towards the beginning of the episode the part where Michael and Kathrine arrive at the foundation. Michael takes her to the Foundation guest house and is like theres someone I want you to meet. And while they are getting out of the car you hear them talking but if you pay attention to the video they are either not speaking at that time or the audio dosnt match up to what they are saying on the screen.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon May 02, 2005 1:29 pm

I don't think I noticed this on mine. But if that is what is happening, it might not even be the DVD itself, but the computer system. Sometimes things running will create sync problems with video. If you can get this to happen at that exact spot on the DVD every time but the rest of it is ok, check that there are no scratches on the DVD. Use a tissue or something quite soft to rub out the scratch if you are able. Otherwise you could return the DVD as defective.

Unfortunatley, I haven't had too much time to look at it and check.

Also, giving an episode name and approximate time into the show, as well as what season it's in would be a help. ;) I assume you're talking about a Season 2 episode, probably "A Knight In Shining Armor", Episode 12, Disc 2, Side B?

(Edit: I just realized you DID give the ep in the subject line of the thread. Sorry about that. :oops: )
Last edited by FuzzieDice on Tue May 03, 2005 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon May 02, 2005 1:38 pm

I just checked. You're right! It was a night scene so that's why I didn't notice it at first. You'd have to look hard at Michael's mouth or you'd miss it. There's Michael talking but his mouth stays open, not moving during the time he's speaking. :lol:

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon May 02, 2005 1:49 pm

I noticed the same sort of thing in Goliath, at the end of the episode when the guy with 2 women on his arms says, "Where next Lucky, blackjack craps, hay lucky your my man"

Micheal gets in kitt just drives off and says "see ya"
But a close eye can spot that his mouth don't move!

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Mon May 02, 2005 7:10 pm

I've seen that on a few of the season 1 episodes too. My guess would be that it was an issue with dubbing. Sometimes they go back and record the dialog for a scene after it's been shot. Maybe they did that for those scenes and new audio didn't quite line up exactly.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue May 03, 2005 12:22 am

Remember too, that they have to dub in William Daniels' parts as KITT so they may have to do some dubbing of other's lines to "fit" around his lines. I think it was mentioned someone else was speaking the parts for KITT while shooting the scenes, and then they do the dub work to put KITT's parts in. It might also mean altering or fixing up the other parts as well. I guess once in awhile things got missed. :)

When working with night scenes, it's often hard to see people's mouths and such, so it's understandable that especially during scenes that are in a dark environment, some mistakes are bound to happen. The well-lit scenes, I'm not sure.

I realize many find mistakes throughout Knight Rider the time it's been on, but all in all, it's still a very enjoyable show to watch. :)

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Tue May 03, 2005 3:36 pm

One of the things I noticed with the pilot episode was that Mike Long's voice didn't *quite* match up with his mouth movements. It wasn't too too noticable, but watching it I was vaugley aware of the slow lip sync. (I'm a semi-lip reader so I probably noticed it more then most people would.)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue May 03, 2005 4:01 pm

Yeah, sometimes you can just tell. Actually, I think both Tonya and Michael's voice were dubbed for the scene. Also, the actor who played Michael Long had brown eyes instead of blue.