KITTs Interior Color

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITTs Interior Color

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:17 pm

I am a huge admirer of KITT, I like the black exterior finish and the interior dashboard, but the only thing that doesn't blend in is the beige interior. To me, the beige seats, door panels, and the floor carpet seem to clash with the sleek black dashboard. I always thought the interior should have been a dark grey with leather seats, similar to the fourth generation Firebird interiors.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:02 pm

I like the beige/dirty white interior color, it gives the cabin a light and happy feel to it. If they colored it dark gray or black, then we won't get to see much detail of the dashboard, specially at night since it is also colored black. I think the black dash was intentionally designed to contrast with the beige interior (the stock Firebird also has a black dash and beige interior).

The probable reason why they chose the stock beige color is that it is the color that came from the factory. The studio didn't want to spend that much in customization. And there was more than one KITT car, including all the stuntcars...so they save a bundle of money on that alone.