1:18 scale Die Cast KITT in Super Pursuit Mode

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

1:18 scale Die Cast KITT in Super Pursuit Mode

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:56 pm

In addition to the anticipation of a 1:18 scale die cast KARR, I hope to see a die cast of KITT in his Super Pursuit Mode configuration. This die cast version could be interchangeable, go from the standard design to SPM, almost like a transformer. I could picture the spoiler panels popping out when you flip a switch underneath the toy, similiar to the die cast De Lorean time machine, where the wheels rotate in and out.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:09 pm

Ah, for a second there I was hoping the headline was an announcement that it was coming out. I think we'd all love to see an SPM K.I.T.T. model as well as a Convertible Mode one. If they do ever release one, it will most likely not be accurate. First, they have to design a 3rd/4th season dashboard, and second they might as well make a 4th season KITT.

Only problem with that is that the current model's nose most resembles the 4th season KITT. My point is that since the 1/18th model is more like a hybrid rather than any single particular season, any future models would most likely be hybrids as well. Don't get me wrong though, I don't care if they kept those amber lenses in there if it means we could get a SPM KITT model!

It's just a shame that since the current 1/18th model is a hybrid that it prevents Ertl and Aoshima from making a season 2, 3, and 4 KITT a little bit. Or at least if they got it right on other versions, then at least one of the seasons would remain inaccurate.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:46 pm

Yeah, your right. A SPM or convertable car would more than likely be modified versions of the one that is already out.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:41 pm

from a business standpoint, that'd be easy for them then. they know the fans want one and they'd probably re-mold what we already have with the additional spm pop outs.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:12 pm

Quite frankly, I don't think ERTL will be making a transforming SPM KITT diecast. There are just too many parts that pop out, unlike the BTTF DeLorean that only transforms the tires (and its from Sunstar, not ERTL). A fixed SPM would be more feasible and I would be more than happy to purchase one if it will ever be marketed (even if it still has amber fog lights) :lol:

Tetsu
Recruit

Post by Tetsu » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:58 pm

I don't think Ertl will make one either, but I sure wish they would. If they did tho, it would be much more expensive I would guess. But even then, I will gladly sell both my nutts for one.......well...maybe just one.
Tetsu

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:46 am

Tetsu wrote:I don't think Ertl will make one either, but I sure wish they would. If they did tho, it would be much more expensive I would guess. But even then, I will gladly sell both my nutts for one.......well...maybe just one.
Tetsu
EEWWW!....one nutt for one toy?....that sounds just so wrong! :shock:
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:20 am

How about Custom KITT 1:18 model ;) I'd like to see 1:18 scale FLAG semitruck that would carry this 1:18 KITT model in it's trailer :D

-KITTfan-

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:35 am

HondaSiR wrote:Quite frankly, I don't think ERTL will be making a transforming SPM KITT diecast. There are just too many parts that pop out, unlike the BTTF DeLorean that only transforms the tires (and its from Sunstar, not ERTL). A fixed SPM would be more feasible and I would be more than happy to purchase one if it will ever be marketed (even if it still has amber fog lights) :lol:
Don't get me wrong, guys. I highly doubt that Ertl or Aoshima would ever produce a Super Pursuit Mode or Convertible Mode model either. It's just wishful hypothetical thinking on my part. I believe if a legitamate model of the SPM or CM model is ever produced; it'll be produced by an entirely different company specializing in only those specific models. Most companies like to use existing molds and recycle them into new designs/characters whenever possible. Action figures are a great example of this.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:38 am

KITTfan wrote:How about Custom KITT 1:18 model ;) I'd like to see 1:18 scale FLAG semitruck that would carry this 1:18 KITT model in it's trailer :D

-KITTfan-
The custom kitt can be done ,but you would need to fabricate the custom spoilers and get some ferrari rims and a custom flames decal kit
,I already made a custom kitt myself on a 1/25 scale size and I am still in the middle of building a trailer for the 1/18 kitt and theres so much more to do down the road! :roll: :shock: ....and the 3/4th season dash is still in the plans for 1/18 scale size kitt! :D ...not to mention a newer style pods! :shock: ....guess I got my work cut out for me?.... :roll: :shock:
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"