Fanfic Car Question

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What kind of car should a 2005 KITT be?

2002 Pontiac Trans Am
44%
2005 Dodge Charger
No votes
2005 Chevy Corvette
No votes
1991 Dodge Stealth Concept (KIFT from KR2000)
No votes
1992 Ford Probe
No votes
1982 Pontiac Trans Am (don't change KITT, leave him original)
50%
Other (please specify below)
6%

Total votes: 18

Paul
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Fanfic Car Question

Post by Paul » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:41 pm

Hi Guys:

I'm writing a Knight Rider fanfic, setting it in the modern world (in other words, 2005) and I'm seriously considering a modern, updated KITT.

As fans, what kind of car would you most like to see as a modern KITT? I'll take suggestions from here and use the most popular in my story. My own personal thinking is that it should be an '02 Trans Am:

1. They're great looking cars
2, KITT was originally (and IMO always should be) a Trans Am
3. Given it's look and resemblance to the '82 model, it would be easy to believably turn it into KITT.

If modernised, KITT will have all his original functions from the original series, plus a lot of modern new features.

Thanks for your help guys. I'll be posting the story on the net when it's done so you all can read it and tell me how bad it is.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:26 pm

I would go for the Ford GT. I just like the look of the GT, in my eyes very suitable to be a KITT.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:37 pm

I also went with the 2002 Trans Am. But my advice is that if it's YOUR fanfic, it should be YOUR vision of what KITT should be and the survey doesn't matter.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:14 pm

Man, it was a tossup. I think the 2002 T/A was pretty much Pontiac trying to comfort the Knight Rider fans by making the shnoz a little more like KITT in the first place. But I've always had a soft spot for the original KITT, especially the 1st season nose with the blackouts/grille. When the foglights became more visible, he looked more goofy I think. I dunno. Maybe it's just me. But anyway KITT looks great! :) And the fact I love Trans Ams also had me a bit biased there. :)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:46 am

I think KITT should remain his original car model, because that's how I remember KITT the most, and KITT should remain "his" classic self, if you catch my meaning.....