Team Knight Rider

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

edwardknight2005
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Team Knight Rider

Post by edwardknight2005 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:02 pm

I have a question? Will Team Knight Rider, which is unfortunately owned by Universal ever be released on DVD? just curious

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:29 pm

I think eventually just about EVERYTHING will make it to DVD. But I would guess TKR is a pretty low priority for Universal. They still have many far more popular shows in their library to capitalize on.

There are some things that could work in TKR's favor: the show was mildly successful in parts of Europe, so it's possible it could be released for that market. Also, studios may not want to put out all their heavy hitters on DVD at once, because then they compete with eachother. Instead, they could put out a few big shows each year along with some minor shows like TKR.

Sci-Fi Channel used to have a "Sci Fi Series Collection" where they would air short-lived TV shows, rare ones that only lasted a season or less... maybe only a few episodes. I could see Universal doing a similar DVD collection, packaging a few different shows together. For example, they could release The Action Pack movies, TechWar, and TKR as part of collection.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:23 pm

wasn't TKR a part of the Action Pack or was it billed as something completely different?

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:15 am

Everytime I watched TKR, the short Action Pack animation would appear before it, so I would say that Universal considered it as one show in that franchise.

I, on the other hand, do not consider TKR to be an Action Pack show, because I remember vividly all the movies in the Action Pack (and even the long version of the theme for Action Pack...when I was 10 that was awesome to me) and TKR wasn't one of them. Hurcules and Bandit and KR2010 were, but not TKR.

Even though some of those movies were cheesy and such, if Universal put out a set of all of the Action Pack movies, I would definately buy it (even though I only liked a few). Back then I really liked the movies, but I hardly remember them.

-Steve

Knightuser
Rookie

Post by Knightuser » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:35 am

I think I've never seen TKR.... I am curious.... :)
Navig

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:42 pm

Don't get my hopes up or anything, Mike...
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:11 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I think eventually just about EVERYTHING will make it to DVD. But I would guess TKR is a pretty low priority for Universal. They still have many far more popular shows in their library to capitalize on.

There are some things that could work in TKR's favor: the show was mildly successful in parts of Europe, so it's possible it could be released for that market. Also, studios may not want to put out all their heavy hitters on DVD at once, because then they compete with eachother. Instead, they could put out a few big shows each year along with some minor shows like TKR.

Sci-Fi Channel used to have a "Sci Fi Series Collection" where they would air short-lived TV shows, rare ones that only lasted a season or less... maybe only a few episodes. I could see Universal doing a similar DVD collection, packaging a few different shows together. For example, they could release The Action Pack movies, TechWar, and TKR as part of collection.
And don't forget Streethawk, and M.A.N.T.I.S.!

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:51 pm

was streetHawk a part of Universal or was that released by another TV studio