KNIGHT RIDER canceled?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ColeGrad01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KNIGHT RIDER canceled?

Post by ColeGrad01 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:36 pm

I flipped on sci-fi today at 4 (central) to watch Knight Rider like I always do. Yesterday it was on and I resaw JUST MY BILL. Today I thought I'd get to start watching ones I missed over the summer. But when I turned the TV on, HERCULES came on instead. Did they get rid of it?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:47 pm

It was Veterans day, and thats an excuse for them to run Marathon programing, their choice for today was Hercules. It will be on regular time tomorrow.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:07 am

Yeah, I saw Hercules: The Legendary Journey's on sci-fi today. I was so bummed to not see Knight Rider. But I mean, why Hercules? They should have shown a Knight Rider marathon. :cry: remember USA did a Knight Rider marathon way back in like what '94? '95? Back in those days I used to tape every episode when I would come home from school. (now those tapes have been lost, so now I'm re-taping them on Sci-Fi) Knight Rider was always the highlight of my day after coming home from a vigorous tedious day of school. But some days I'd come home and to my anger I'd see golf on instead. Golf, who would want to watch golf! (you gotta admit, its very boring to watch on TV) Only thing watching golf on TV cures is insomnia. lol

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:33 am

yeah, i got 9 six hour tapes worth of knight rider from USA and have watched them a hundred times since i made them...some of them are starting to disintegrate

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:21 pm

man, i missed the USA knight rider marathon? i think that's just around the time i started watching it.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:55 pm

phew. thought someone had deleted KR on me. i was planning on watching it last night and it was nowhere to be found on the list of recorded shows. i always get a kick out of watching 'just my bill' btw. ;)

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:04 pm

I was still kinda young in 94...i wish I could see a marathon...
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:11 pm

Yes, it's back. I saw my first one to miss over the summer when I ended up going two weeks without watching it. So nice to see ones you haven't seen before. I hope I get to see the first episode with KARR two days from now.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:11 pm

Today was NOT A DROP TO DRINK. At one part, where the rocks fall and stop the water from flowing out, was that a clip from SUPERMAN (1978)?
Last edited by ColeGrad01 on Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:20 pm

Yes and you can bet I'll tape that episode. Thats arguably every KR fans favorite ep. Anyway, it sucks having to tape the show off TV (especially in EP mode, gotta conserve tape space here). But I guess it will have to do until one day the whole series is released on DVD. *sigh*

Oh yeah, anyone else see "Not a drop to drink" today? It was hilarious seeing KITT pretending to be a UFO. *door opens* "I've come to collect you" lmao

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:55 pm

hahahah, Yeah, I loved that.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:06 am

lol, that's my favorite part of that episode. unfortunetly i was in class so i didnt get the see the ep, earthlings.

speaking of which.. i need to find the conversation when KITT was pretending to be an alien so i can change my sig. anyone know it?

KITT
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:22 pm

I am continuing to watch episodes I have missed. Today I got to see NO BIG THING. It was strange to see Devon get arrested after all those times of it happening to Michael. I never expected it to happen to him. But I in a way knew this was going to happen since I read about it on a synopsis from a website. Tomorrow is when I'll finally get to see an episode with K.A.R.R. And I can't wait.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:35 pm

I like "No Big Thing!" I have it on tape! Your so lucky you get to see Trust Doesn't Rust! I miss it, The New VR always skips that one :(

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:00 pm

KITT, yes I know the conversation.

KITT: Would you care to tell me why you were running when all I want to do is talk to you?

MAN: Who are you? What do you want to talk to me about!? I wasn't doing anything!

KITT: You were very offensive last night... Earthling.

MAN: Earthling! Who are you!?

KITT: I don't think you really want to know the answer of that. We have had some unfortunate prior experience with Earthlings who became to inquisitive.

MAN: Are you from outer space or somehtin'?

KITT: Outer space covers a lot of territory. Anyway, we're wasting time. *passanger door opens* You better just get right in.

MAN: Get in? What for!?

KITT: I've come to collect you.

MAN: You mean you want to take me out there? Into space!?

KITT: Thats right. Unless of course you have some information you want to give me.

MAN: Like what?

KITT: Like maybe what this Earthling Brenman's next move is. Our supreme council finds is antics quite amusing.

MAN: I could get in big trouble if I told you that.

KITT: What do you mean "get"? You are in big trouble.

MAN: I don't know anything! Except... Its got something to do with the main water pipe. Thats all I can tell you. Just please go.

KITT: *passanger door closes* Thank you very much, I'll be seeing you around.
Last edited by The Real Michael Knight on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:39 am

LOL! thanks for the convo.

that and devon's assault with a deadly crumpet are the best parts of episodes.

KITT

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:50 am

Lol, I can't wait to see "Trust Doesn't Rust" tomorrow. Ah, how can you not love KARR?

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:52 am

that's one of my favorite episodes. havent seen it in awhile though. that's the one where he has no eggs, perhaps you can direct him to a chicken, right?
KARR lines are classic.

KITT

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:08 pm

I just finished watching TRUST DOESN'T RUST. My first time to ever see an episode with KARR. He seemed like an exact duplicate (only he's the original) of KITT except that the voice box was green. I felt like I was just seeing a car that did bad things the good car would not. But this is a very good episode. I wonder if I'll ever get to see KITT vs. KARR?

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:14 pm

the episodes with KARR are the best. KITT vs. KARR isn't as funny as trust doesn't rust, but i think it's better.

btw, speaking of today's episode (that i got to see, yay!) i think it's just so hilarious at the end, after KARR drives off the cliff, michael and bonnie look at each other, lean forward, look at each other again realizing 'ew' and then turn away. it's funny, but i wish they would've kissed.

KITT

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:51 pm

^That was good, but I loved this exchange between them even more:

Bonnie: Michael, you know all those times I've called you impulsive and irresponsible? I... I didn't mean it.

Michael: Bonnie... you know all those times I've called you bossy and demanding? I didn't mean it either.

KITT: Michael... Bonnie...

Michael & Bonnie: Yes, Kitt?

KITT: Why are you lying to each other?

:D

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:55 pm

MKnightRider82 wrote:I just finished watching TRUST DOESN'T RUST. My first time to ever see an episode with KARR. He seemed like an exact duplicate (only he's the original) of KITT except that the voice box was green. I felt like I was just seeing a car that did bad things the good car would not. But this is a very good episode. I wonder if I'll ever get to see KITT vs. KARR?
Errr.....the voice box was not green. It was yellow. Amber if you would like to be on the safer side of things.

KI

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:02 pm

Yes you might want to check your tint on your TV MKnightRider82. I also noticed KARR's voice was different in KITT Vs. KARR, I mean I know his voice was done by a different actor. But it sounded more thunderous and "Darth Vadorish" sounding. Man Trust Doesn't Rust was such a killer episode, the best episode of the first season I think. I just loved the: "Amazing, his anger grows. Do not fear my friends, I will protect you!" And then KARR destroyes that "Ringmaster" "You see, most of the interior was empty. It was a cleaver trick my friends, but not cleaver enough." lmao! That was hilarious! "I have no eggs, perhaps you can direct me to a chicken?"
"We gotta get outta here!" "But you haven't eaten yet, perhaps you wish to reproduce?" lol!!!!

Man, KARR was so awesome! I love him! Personally, I think I like KARR better than KITT. I think KARR's scanner sounds cooler than KITT's, plus I think he's got a cooler looking voice readout. And KARR really wasn't evil (until the writters ruined him in KITT Vs. KARR. though I do like his voice better in that one, no one can write a KARR episode better than Mr. Souza), he reminded me of an uneducated child in the world for the first time.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:32 am

Well, now I have finally seen an episode with KARR. Just seemed like another KITT, only talked different and did evil things. But I saw how at the end where they were showing us the comparison between the two. How KARR just cares to keep himself from being damaged as KITT will sacrifice himself to save the lives of his human friends.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:44 am

Meh, KARR was way better I thought. He just needs proper programming. I thought it was funny how he reffered to KITT as "the inferior production line model" "A pale copy of the origninal."