Spam I found. (KR related.)

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jyd85
Operative

Spam I found. (KR related.)

Post by jyd85 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:11 pm

I came across this using Livejournal's new Search feature. It looks like the poster is a spammer bot. But I thought I'd re-post it anyway. (Since it mentions KR, and Kitt's influence on today's GPS technology.)

------------

Many people believe that the average person will take one step closer to having their own KITT in 2010 Thanks to the impending presence of WiFi in car DVD players.

Besides talking to David Hasselhoff and shooting flames at bad guys KITT also could navigate by itself.

This planted the idea of GPS into the heads of everybody everywhere and, from 1982 to 1986 almost everybody wanted their car to be like KITT.

But GPS car DVD player cars took some time to catch on with the general public.

Magellan introduced the first really accepted GPS unit in 1995 it wasn't till 2005 that the car mounted GPS unit (i.e GPS car DVD players) really took off.

GPS functionality could be found in everything from cell phones to handheld GPS units but it was the GPS car DVD player that sold really well.

In 2009, car DVD players with GPS functionality sold much four times better without a big price difference.

WiFi capable car DVD players won't take nearly as long to capture the public's attention.
The big car manufacturers only started offering WiFi capabilities in their cars at the end of 2009. However, the younger generation has grown used to WAP and WiFi capable mobile phones and laptops in the last five years making internet access in the car not such a far fetched concept.

And to meet this demand, they are manufacturing car DVD players with WiFi build-in.

Trips through Hong Kong electronics fairs in 2009 uncovered many different car computers, which ran Windows XP and were priced not much more than standard car DVD players.

And some well-known Chinese wholesale dropship companies have already started selling WiFi car DVD players online.

This combination of demand and supply certainly makes the fledgling WiFi car DVD player and car computer market a large and tempting one for eBay resellers but one eBay powerseller warns that it won't be without its problems.

The technology behind wireless internet access is more complicated than even GPS and it is a good idea for anybody looking to take advantage of these exciting new developments to:

A) Test out any new suppliers and goods they plan to stock thoroughly

B) Either install systems for customers themselves or insist that customers use a professional installer.

However, with this development around WiFi access it certainly is an exciting time to be a reseller and one development that car electronics vendors should certainly look into carefully.
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.