Congratulations to Mike and Neil....

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Don Colie
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Congratulations to Mike and Neil....

Post by Don Colie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi everyone.

I don't post here often, and this may be a tab bit early yet but, I wanted to congratulate Both Mike and Neil for such a wonderful job at Comic Con '08. I've been keeping up a little with the info on the web and I'm just very pleased with how professional they have portrayed the Knight Rider hobby and fandom. My hats off to you guys! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I look forward to all the new info you provide from your experience at the event. Looks like you've been having a blast!
Don Colie
Advanced Designs
www.adiautotech.com

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Congratulations to Mike and Neil....

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Don! Nice to see you around. :) I agree wholeheartedly. They had some help too, from some fans and I say hats off to all of them. Mike and Neil did an outstanding job with promoting KRO too. I think it was just awesome that one can be so many miles away and can't attend and yet get the whole experience from their laptop thanks to Mike, Neil, Sue, and all who were there reporting back to use on the board here. :)

Don Colie
Volunteer

Post by Don Colie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi Fuzzie, Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't intend to leave anyone out. To be honest, I have no idea who all is involved.....but, definately thanks, and congrads to everyone who was!
Don Colie
Advanced Designs
www.adiautotech.com

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:22 am

Neil and Mike have affirmed themselves as the true and bonafide leaders of this community, and Sue, Matthew and others who stuck by them the whole time definitely earned their places as true fans!

We are all in your debt and are thankful to you for your contributions this past week at Comicon. We all know it wasn't cheap to get there and be there, but we extend our gratitude to you all!

-Scott

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:12 am

Don it's great to see you posting here. You know how much I respect and admire you as both a person and a master craftsman. You are one man that makes a positive difference despite what others may say and that my friend is why you have my support and my respect.

Continue fighting the good fight brother, you'll be the last man standing.

=VK=
:dash:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:29 am

I’d like to thank Mike and Neil for not letting me drive back on Thursday and miss the attack reveal. Mike proved himself quite the gentleman by making some sacrifices for me. So thanks for that!!
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:08 am

I'm also giving my thanks for putting up that Attack KI3T video up on YouTube! :mrgreen:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Right now, I am transferring the entire movie footage from the KR events onto memory sticks to mail to Neil. Things amount to almost three gigs and are in need of both editing and a better file format. Footage includes 99% of the main interview, most of the Attack KITT reveal presentation and just a tad bit more. Recorded on a unipod, I feel that most of this footage came out fairly steady while being above-and-beyond the heads of those visiting. Many thanks to Neil for the reserved front row seating.

I would do the editing. Alas, I only have MS Movie Maker. Past experience has proved that this poor program is to movie editing as Write is to word processing. It just doesn't get the job done all that well. Nor, does it seem to create those wonderful formats that compress without trashing the final product. I do have plans on a dedicated machine for making an anime project on that could house a professional program to edit movie footage with. That plan is somewhere down the road. This laptop I have now won't cut it.

One thing I didn't get was the photo op with the Attack KITT. That's when the tri-pod would have been useful. And, the remote for snapping the shot with. Was going to pass entirely on going up on stage. Alas, how could I resist turning down a taunt by Kitt. Now, come on. It's one thing to blend in. But, to get an invite...

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:08 pm

Jup, you might want to put that on data DVD (unless of course you don't have a DVD burner?). I am always worried about sending memory sticks in that I'm afraid an X-ray at the post office may erase or corrupt the data. And they do sometimes break easily. I had one go bad and refuse to work again due to it getting dropped a couple times. :(

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:16 am

My current laptop does not have a DVD burner. It does burn CD's, though. I tried that for sending some movie footage to a friend on a car show, recently. Six discs in and the burning is nowhere near complete. Also have a stand alone DVD burner. But, it won't do data. Best I can do there is run the camera directly on to the DVD disc. Though, I do not know if Neil can translate a movie DVD into a file or not. I could always try the DVD disc burn, anyhow. Got all of today off and no plans, aside from three DVD rentals to watch.

Writing "Do not X-Ray" and wrapping in bubble wrap should do the trick. Never really know, though.

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:35 pm

As a hobby we are fortunate to have Neil & Mike to elevate the hobby to greater heights than it would have been
without them.
This latest eventin San Diego was covered by some of the best in our hobby those mentioned previously as well as Victor who has added another layer to a growing credibility we are all enjoying as a result.
As the series goes forward it has greater possibilies than I gave credit originally & the Motion Picture where Knight Rider will have a fresh start & back to a pure state hasnt existed since 1982.
The Knight Rider Festival in Las Vegas is yet another great possibilty for us as fans.

D. Doggett. :kitt2:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:33 pm

Jup - the stand alone dvd burner *should* do data discs. What it's missing is the software to do that. Try Nero, as that does have DVD Data burn. What you want to do though is burn so that it's track-at-once and "close" the disc (ie. not multisession) so that it's compatible.

For 3 GB, you should only need four 700MB CD-R discs or 5 or 6 of the 600MB CD-R. Again, software can have a lot to do with it. As can using track-at-once and closing the disc (ie. no multisession) becuase multi-session and CD-RW discs will require extra space on the disc(s) to read the extra data for more than one burn session, etc.

At least, that's how I understood it. Nero so far is the best I've used as for DVD/CD burning. I have 4 computers. One laptop with a CD-ROM drive, another laptop with a DVD-ROM/CD-RW and it came with Roxio *Trial* but I use Windows Vista's built-in burning or I transfer the files via my home network to my larger machine, which has a DVD-RW burner. My other computer needs cleaning (recently rescued from roadside) with a DVD-ROM and DVD-RW that both seem to work so far. Though that seems I think to have Nero.

Might be worth looking into for future if you're interested.

http://www.nero.com/enu/index.html

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:44 am

Yes, a HUGE thanx is in order. Thank you for all involved with bringing the KR community the breaking news we all appreciate! You guys are awsome! 8) :good:
:kitt: :karr: