THE DOOR'S OPEN

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

THE DOOR'S OPEN

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:59 am

The door was left open for a return of Michael Knight & the Knight Industries Two Thousand...in the new Knight Rider....

Tho we only saw parts of K.I.T.T.#1 & Mr Knight in cameo-near end of show....even in the script, there is was a glimmer of hope....I hope you all caught it.

KITT #2...the personality is less agreeable to me than debating with K.A.R.R. although there are/were some elements of a rather KARR-esque moment or three I liked...I can say, I did not come to final approval of the story line &tie-ins with Wilton,Devon,Bonnie,Michael,K.I.T.T.-K.A.R.R. RC3,April....Until the end....ouch. ---nuff said.
( not happy- rather a sad point that did not make the movie well. )

the plane,the plane-ohhhh god,the plane......called to mind TKR & a real cheese-laden movie called "Mega Force" from the early 80s.....Sheeeeeesh!

the cast chemistry...was there but seriously diluted....the Prof-character I saw reminded me of Senator Kelly in the X-men Movies...(same actor,I think) Yeh,yeh,yeh, I know ...this is 25 yrs later,etc...new blood,give it a chance,etc.
But ya can't beat an original....( right, K.A.R.R.......? )tho K.I.T.T. was a slight improvement due to a difference in programming....the same was said about LORE/DATA in "Star Trek- The Next Generation"- the episode "reunion" -where we meet Data/Lores' creator-Father....

Now let's figure out a scene/half a show-or two where Michael & the Doc rebuild our beloved K.I.T.T. & they assist in a case then after passing the torch----Properly...they literally drive off into the sunset.
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

MugsyGuer
Volunteer

Re: THE DOOR'S OPEN

Post by MugsyGuer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:02 pm

I for sure think there is a chance in the new series that we will see an episode with Michael Knight & the original KITT and Mike Tracer and the new KITT. Here is why-

Ok for one when Charles mentioned to Mike when he found out that Michael Knight was his father and that he drive the first KITT he told Mike that he left becasue he had other obligations that were even greater than his obligations to his family. So what was Michael doing all this time? I think right there it sets the strory up to the original KITT still being around, and all this time Michael has been with him. That's why another KITT had to be built.

And my second reason why I think that we will see Michael and the original KITT show up in a episode in the new series is because of the fact that they didn't tap William Danilels to voice the new KITT. Even when the first choice for the voice didn't work out and they and to go with Val Kilmer. William's voice will be needed for the original KITT when he resurfaces.

And even though GM is not going to build a new Fire Bird, there is a fifth-generation Chevrolet Camaro being introduced in 2009. I have seen it, it's pretty sweet. By that time that could be what the original KITT will look like too. Perfect timing all around. Here is a link to a picture if the new Camaro-the Firebird's cousin-

http://www.chevy-camaro.com/

In any event I am looking forward to the new series a lot.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:29 pm

in case you diden't notice the original KITT was sitting right there in the garage in the beginning of the movie. Also in case you diden't notice when the close-up of the engine block was in view it said tune port injection. Those are the motors that came in the 80's late model Trans-ams.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

MugsyGuer
Volunteer

Post by MugsyGuer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:41 pm

DevonStyles wrote:in case you diden't notice the original KITT was sitting right there in the garage in the beginning of the movie. Also in case you diden't notice when the close-up of the engine block was in view it said tune port injection. Those are the motors that came in the 80's late model Trans-ams.
Actually I had to miss the fist 30 minuets if the movie. I was getting home from working that night, so I must have missed that part.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Re: THE DOOR'S OPENED

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:46 am

KITT# 1 WAS THERE....UNDER THE TARP & THERE IS/WAS SOMETHING ELSE COVERED BY THE OTHER TARP ....!
aside from KITT # 2 Hmmm! > "Michael...where's Bonnie...? "

we can all hope (as purist-die hard KR fans )that the Knight Industries Two Thousand shall rise/ride again with Michael Knight at the wheel....." it's inevitable " as Dave Lee Roth said about a Van Halen re-union...the same can be said about KR....But,we'll need Bonnie- Dr.Barstow too...! (sorry April ) & tis up to the actors....ahhhh, what dreams come this way.... "let's have a drink....."---> the late Devon Miles-Edward Mulhare-r.i.p
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:57 pm

DevonStyles wrote:in case you diden't notice the original KITT was sitting right there in the garage in the beginning of the movie. Also in case you diden't notice when the close-up of the engine block was in view it said tune port injection. Those are the motors that came in the 80's late model Trans-ams.
Yeah, the stock TPI L98 stood out like a sore thumb, I was like that engine looks awfully familiar.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!