Two Observations - T-Tops and SUV Crash

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

infiniti_mike
Volunteer

Two Observations - T-Tops and SUV Crash

Post by infiniti_mike » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:56 pm

Since there are no T-Tops, Sunroof, Convertible, Targa Top, etc, I'm assuming there is No Eject Seat Function (Unless the Roof Morphs)

I don't remember in the Original series where KITT ever purposely crashed into a passenger vehicle (or let it crash into it) probably because of its Priority of preserving human life. Crashing into KITT (aka a Brick Wall) at 70 mph an hour is will definately cause casualties. In the Trailer, KITT purposely cuts the SUV off. I guess the New KITT does not have this function. (No complaints here)

Sidebar: From what i've heard, VK's voice is kind of blah, does nothing for me. Id rather have the KARR sounding voice from the "Hello Sarah" Commercial. Makes KITT sound like a badass. (People/Computers can be badasses even if they are good)

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Two Observations - T-Tops and SUV Crash

Post by KITTfan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:22 pm

I remember KITT cutted a way at least twice from the baddies and let them crash to himself. In Lost Knight and Hills of Fire, I think both of those crashing cars were Chevrolet Blazer's and when they hit KITT they flew over it & when landed, they flipped over several times and got completely wrecked.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:10 pm

Good observation, infiniti_mike. I might have missed it, but I was under the impression from the trailer that it was Mike who made the choice to smash into the SUV, not K.I.T.T., mainly because he says, "This is gonna hurt!"

In "Lost Knight" and "Hills Of Fire," it was also Michael's manual driving that caused the crashes. To me that means that classic K.I.T.T. can be responsible for taking human life, just as long as he either doesn't consciously choose to or knowingly participate in a potentially fatal scenario.

A clear example to back up my point is in "Out Of the Woods," where K.I.T.T. tells Michael, "It was your driving that caused my English to become less than perfect!" Theoretically, I see no reason why he couldn't say something similar about killing someone. I would expect the Knight 3000 to be the same way.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:24 pm

KITT can deviate. Remember that Devon told Michael That Kitt couldn't hit anything unless ordered to by it's pilot. So if Michael wanted to he could hit others cars which he did also in Knight in Disgrace michael goes undercover and KITT doesn't know and MIchael is about to do something against KITT's programing but KITT says i can no longer help you but Michael still has full control of the car.

ajwees41
Stranger

Post by ajwees41 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:45 pm

infiniti_mike wrote:Since there are no T-Tops, Sunroof, Convertible, Targa Top, etc, I'm assuming there is No Eject Seat Function (Unless the Roof Morphs)

I don't remember in the Original series where KITT ever purposely crashed into a passenger vehicle (or let it crash into it) probably because of its Priority of preserving human life. Crashing into KITT (aka a Brick Wall) at 70 mph an hour is will definately cause casualties. In the Trailer, KITT purposely cuts the SUV off. I guess the New KITT does not have this function. (No complaints here)

He does, but Sarah says his 1st directive or whatever she said was to protect her and she tells KITT to go around the truck.

Sidebar: From what i've heard, VK's voice is kind of blah, does nothing for me. Id rather have the KARR sounding voice from the "Hello Sarah" Commercial. Makes KITT sound like a badass. (People/Computers can be badasses even if they are good)

poilala
Volunteer

Post by poilala » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:48 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Good observation, infiniti_mike. I might have missed it, but I was under the impression from the trailer that it was Mike who made the choice to smash into the SUV, not K.I.T.T., mainly because he says, "This is gonna hurt!"
Yes, Mike reactivated the onboard computer only so he could crash, but KITT didn't have anything to do with the crash decision.