In "Drones" did Kitt talk to Mike about his new fe

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

In "Drones" did Kitt talk to Mike about his new fe

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:19 pm

I watched the episode for the first time on sci-fi last week, but I noticed Kitt and Mike never talked about his new dash, or anything else, was it cut for time like most episodes are, in the script, Kitt shows mike all of the new stuff and they talk about his dash, can anyone let me know what was cut from sci-fi? Thanks!
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kitt.pl
Recruit

Post by kitt.pl » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:55 pm

hi , sorry for my english...but i stlill learning

yes this scene was cut on sci-fic chanell.......

i have this episode recorded from polish tv Polsat and KITT show Michael and Devon his new dash and new function in Semi.

Best Regards and soryy for english guys

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:05 pm

Thanks!
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:46 pm

In the original episode they did, but it was left on the cutting room floor in syndicated reruns....
Perhaps it will be included when the 3rd season gets released on DVD.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:54 pm

There's no doubt that all of those small little scenes will be included on the DVD I think. I think just the music is going to be removed. Also, in this episode we get a few glimpses of the new 3rd/4th season dashboard before K.I.T.T. is actually upgraded. I think one scene is where Michael pulls into a parking spot; you can clearly see the new dashboard before KITT's supposed to have it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:41 pm

I know that is the way QL Season 2 went, but if they are not gonna put extras on the KR Season 2 DVD set I hope they put that time and effort into keeping the episodes intact. I will lose all interest in purchasing the rest of the seasons if they are gonna butcher them.

I just thought of something.... if they can still play the original scores on TV now, why can't they release it on DVD the same way. It sure seems that the licenses are still good if they can do that.

Just my $0.02,

-Steve

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:20 am

Well, I think the lack of bonus features and the removal of music will go hand & hand. It isn't just Quantum Leap, but a whole bunch of other Universal series as well. I don't believe Universal really cares what the fans want in terms of bonus features once they know that they will make their money off the sets. It's just a theory of mine that these nozzles rope people in with great first season sets intact with features and then give fans the short end of the stick later on so that they can save money and effort re-acquiring music rights.

But this whole music rights thing seems to be a complex issue in & of itself as well. Apparently it goes deeper than simply paying the money for a song and re-acquiring it. Using a QL episode for example, there's one song that was actually preserved and is supposed to be played multiple times throughout the episode, yet it only plays at the end. I'm not sure here what the legal rules here are. If they play the song, that means they bought it, so it seems as if they have to pay money each time the song is played. That's the only reason I can really make sense of why they'd only use it once. However, these people take comfort in the fact that most consumers don't know or care enough about the legal rules so they can keep putting out substandard DVD sets.

Not to mention the fact that Universal would have to pay David Hasselhoff and Glen Larson for their time in providing further commentary for bonus features. Another thing that may have to do with it is that maybe possibly Universal might be afraid of a backlash from the actors when they find out that their work as been butchered. I know if I was an actor or creator of a series and knew some company did this, I would be infuriated and refuse to take part in it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:10 pm

Lost Knight wrote:There's no doubt that all of those small little scenes will be included on the DVD I think. I think just the music is going to be removed. Also, in this episode we get a few glimpses of the new 3rd/4th season dashboard before K.I.T.T. is actually upgraded. I think one scene is where Michael pulls into a parking spot; you can clearly see the new dashboard before KITT's supposed to have it.
Yeah, you're right. I saw that as well.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:27 pm

Lost Knight wrote:There's no doubt that all of those small little scenes will be included on the DVD I think. I think just the music is going to be removed. Also, in this episode we get a few glimpses of the new 3rd/4th season dashboard before K.I.T.T. is actually upgraded. I think one scene is where Michael pulls into a parking spot; you can clearly see the new dashboard before KITT's supposed to have it.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that! :twisted:

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:32 pm

If the camera was located on KITT's passenger side, I don't think too many people whould've noticed it.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.