Sometimes Cutting Is Good??

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightshade
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Sometimes Cutting Is Good??

Post by knightshade » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:21 pm

I know, everyone's going to scream sacrilege here but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed scenes that have been cut out of the syndicated airings of KR that are actually better left out?

I didn't see White Bird when it first aired, so until the DVDs came out, I'd only ever seen the cut version. And that montage early on of Michael thinking of Stevie is really cheesy, IMHO. I think they probably felt their hands were a little tied in filming it because if he had been thinking of the two of them together, they would have had to use Larry Anderson (being Michael Long and all). So instead it's these cheesy images of just her. And I really think the episode is much better off without it.

There also seems to be some filler scenes in Chariots of Gold that just don't add much to the episode and it seems that the episode is a little tighter without them.

Just wondering if anyone else feels this way about any of the episodes?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:34 pm

Hehe, cheesy or filler scenes...I would prefer having them all included in the DVD sets. Different people have different tastes and one scene can be cheesy for some and not for others. IMO, to get our money's worth, all deleted scened from the TV series should be included. After all, we are Knight Rider fans. 8)

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:36 pm

No, no, sorry. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be included in the DVDs. I'm just saying I think that some of the cuts actually made the episodes better. But I agree with you that everything should be included.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:39 pm

Whieol we're on the topic of opinions, I think the whole of White Bird is cheesy, so the montage does not really add or detract for me. ;)
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:57 pm

I guess it's good once in a while to see reruns, maybe, but sometimes I'd gotten tired of seeing the same thing over and over from each cut episode.
That's only my opinion.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:23 pm

I don't think scenes should be cut from syndication.
It seems to me that it's just a way to squeeze a few more commercials in a small time slot. It's better to leave the episodes the way they are.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.