Some things that should be on KR DVD Boxsets!!!

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

3rings
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Some things that should be on KR DVD Boxsets!!!

Post by 3rings » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:14 am

I think that NBC/Universal could add some more extra features on these DVD Boxsets.

First of all, NBC should spend the extra money and take out extra time to find the special NBC narrated Promo Teasers that they did for certain episodes. In Season 2 they had two for Goliath, One for Blind Spot, One for Merchants Of Death, One for Ring Of Fire, and one for Goliath Returns.

Also the two Be-There Promos: Michael's Driving Test Be There Promo, And the short "life in the fast lane, Be There!" Promo that Michael sais.

I know NBC has this stuff, because it's part of their network history. And they would not sell their originals off or throw them away.

Thankfully, I have a lot of these NBC Promos: Like the ones for Goliath, Michael's Driving Test Be There Promo, The KITT KIT Promo, The Season 3's NBC Promos to Knight Of The Drones, The 1-900-210-KITT NBC Promo, and Season 4's NBC Promo to Knight Of The Juggernaut. Also all the NBC Promos and Syndicated Promos to KR2000 Reunion film I have.

I just wish every KR fan could have copies of these above. They would even be in their best video and sound quality if NBC/Universal used the original prints of them.

I just feel that all the KR fans should be able to obtain and see this extra neat stuff that NBC did for our favorite show! Including the KR Bloopers which I also have. I believe David and Glen Larson mentioned those in the Pilot Knight Of The Phoenix Commentary.

Luckily enough, They are adding the preview teasers to each KR episode and the KR episodes are fully uncut,

But I just feel that they could add more neat stuff for us Knightrider Fans!!!

That's my opinion, I'm interested to hear in what you all think of anything more NBC/Universal could add to the KR DVD Boxsets!

3rings

:roll:

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:12 am

I think a part 2 of "Under the Hood" should be included on the box sets like it was on the first season DVD.
That, and a photo gallery......

Knight Rocker
Recruit

Post by Knight Rocker » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:39 am

I remember one of the teasers for "Goliath" said something about him turning KITT into a compact car.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:36 pm

Lyn wrote:I think a part 2 of "Under the Hood" should be included on the box sets like it was on the first season DVD.
That, and a photo gallery......
I've heard a lot of negative feedback about the "Under the Hood" documentary, but...
I don't care!!!
I rather enjoyed knowing how Knight Rider all came together, from conception to the final presentation on NBC.
I therefore say that I agree with Lyn.
There should be a Part 2 to the "Under the Hood" series.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:59 pm

There should be extras, period. Losers....
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:11 pm

For me "Under the hood" would mean literally. As in what is under KITT's hood, his programing (from the storyline standpoint). Maybe have William Daniels narrate it as KITT talking about the days he was first programmed and in a computer to when he was installed in the car, his thoughts on his first experiences with Micheal, some of the features of his engine (and finally a peek under that hood!) and how he runs (in the show, as if it were real that is), and what maintenance he has to go through routinely, the information on what processor and operating system he uses, what universities were involved in his development, etc. or stuff like that.

Now that I'd love! :)

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:09 am

A bloopers reel
Episode commentary
A series of short CG features

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:04 am

I think at least Rebecca Holden's interview and "Knight Sounds", this time by Don Peake, would be great extras to the 2nd season DVD set.
For 3rd season extras, interview about Patricia McPherson, behind the scenes footage and maybe interview about the persons who did the modelwork on the show (KITTvsKARR turboboost, etc.).

-KITTfan-