My own favorite "Knight rider" episodes

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lyn
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My own favorite "Knight rider" episodes

Post by Lyn » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:26 am

Well, I have my own list of favorite "Knight Rider" episodes, and here they are:
"Short Notice", where KITT befriends Natalie, a young girl, and Michael learns of the complicated father/daughter relationship of Natalie's mom, Nicole and Nicole's own dad.
"Let It Be Me", where I found out that David Hasselhoff can really sing. No joke! I've been a fan of his singing since that episode....
"Scent of Roses", where Michael lets his guard down when he quits FLAG---and learns a tough lesson about letting his guard down when Durant and his buddies continue to try and kill him, even after he quit FLAG! Ouch(He eventually decides to return to his and KITT's FLAG family)!
"Chariot of Gold", where Michael and KITT uncover the shady activities of Prof. Deauville and his associates, only to see Bonnie be brainwashed, and he has to prevent both Bonnie and KITT from killing him.
"Race for Life", where Michael and KITT race against time to save Becky's life---and Michael teaches Julio a lesson on how important it was for him to donate some of his bone marrow to Becky, so she could be better.
"Knight of the Phoenix", Michael and KITT's funny but harrowing 1st mission
And finally, for now, I'll say, "White Bird", where Michael helps his love, Stevie, but he can't tell her he's really Michael Long.......
Nice stuff, huh?
:)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:23 am

What I like about your list is that you include a few episodes which don't normally make it on Top 10 lists: Race For Life and Short Notice. Personally I'm not a big fan of Race, but I can go along with Notice.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:11 am

i quite liked race for life, not fussed on the train line ending and the acting is a bit dodgy, but it's a good one to let a girlfriend see ;)

apart from chariot of gold i'm with the rest of your list all the way :D short notice is my fave season one episode, everything just seems to come together perfectly to see off the first season in style. an underrated champion :D
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

AprilCurtis
Recruit

Post by AprilCurtis » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:45 am

"Let It Be Me" gets me every time, I love the episodes with Stevie in. :-) I also love "Knight of the Juggernaut" and "Junk Yard Dog"

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:50 pm

Wow good question. I never offically said this is my #1 favorite epsiode but I do have many for different situation. For example is I want to cry I will watch "Scent of Roses" as Stevie dies, Michael Crys, and this should have been the last episode. Kitt Vs Karr the best action, intense episode and Karr makes you wanting more. All of the Kitt get's destroyed episodes rule like Junk Yard Dog is the best, Jugernautt, Golith, and havent seen "Drones" yet. Another would be "Knightmares" were Michael loses his memory.

So here is my list of episodes I can watch over and over in no order, just did it by seasons.
1)Knight of the Phoenix
2)Trust Doesn't Rust
3)Inside out was great
4)Good Day At White Rock
5)Chariot of Gold(First time Kitt
6)White Bird
7)Short Notice
8)Golith
9)Soul Survivior
10)Ring of Fire
11)Knightmares
12)Kitt vs Karr
13)Juggernaut
14)Lost Knight(with Jason Bateman)
15)Junk Yard Dog
16)Scent of Roses(best drama episode ever)
17)Killer Litt
18)Voodoo Knight
19)The one were Kitt melts from a prototype car to himself(can't remeber the name)
those are my best of the best. The only episode that sucks was the one were kitt and mike are not there, Mouth of the snake.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:16 pm

MikeMac, your signature absolutely cracks me up every time I read it. :lol:

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:30 pm

Fantine wrote:MikeMac, your signature absolutely cracks me up every time I read it. :lol:

Hey thanks, I'm glad somebody read it and liked it for once. :twisted:
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:15 am

MY TOP 5

1) Knight of the Juggernaut

2) Junk Yard Dog

3) Kitt vs Karr

4) Knight of the Phoenix

5) Knight in Disgrace

Hey Gang sorry I have been gone long but I have been building my own KITT and almost done.

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:19 am

MIKEMAC: the one you are thinking about for 19 on your list is called
"Knight Sting"

Knight-Rider

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:30 am

Hey Knight-Rider, you got any pics of your car?

The Scent Of Roses os my all time favorite episode. The part that always gets me is the part where Michael tells KITT goodbye. ITS SO SAD! :cry: I CRY EVERYTIME! :cry:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

knightdogg
Rookie

Post by knightdogg » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:38 am

My Top Episodes (in order):

1) Knightmares
2) Knight of the Phoenix
3) Knight of the Juggernaut
4) KITT vs KARR
5) Goliath Returns

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:15 am

I have to admit that every time I watch "The Scent Of Roses," the part where Stevie dies in Michael's arms always makes my eyes a little watery. My top 5 favorites are (and mostly nothing here that probably wouldn't be on anyone else's lists) in no particular order:

1) "The Scent Of Roses"

2) "Killer K.I.T.T."

3) "Deadly Knightshade"

4) "K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R."

5) "Junk Yard Dog"
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:35 pm

Since right now all I have is the season 1 DVD and it's been a while since I've seen seasons 2-4, here are my fave season 1 episoeds (in no particular order).

1. Trust Doesn't Rust
2. A Nice Indecent Little Town*
3. Slammin' Sammy's Stunt Show Spectacular**
4. Chariot Of Gold
5. Knight Of The Pheonix***

* There's a story as to why I like this episode. As a kid growing up in the UK watching American imports like Knight Rider and The A Team, they seemed to travel each week from small town to small town, and I loved the idea of living in one of those small American towns where everyone knows everyone and there's a real sense of community. Now, twenty years later, thanks to marrying an American girl, I live somewhere just like that. :)

** Great episode, plus, have you ever tried to say the title after a few beers?? :shock:

*** Fantastic start to the show, notable for the two idiots who try to steal KITT, the not-quite-right interplay between Devon and Michael, the fantastic cast (Richard Basehart, Lance Le Gault, Edward Mulhare etc etc; Glen Larson said he made it network-proof) and Michael's mysteriously jumping shoulder wound. :D

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:11 pm

Well, my favorite episodes are:

1. K.I.T.T. napped (the very first episode I taped)

2. K.I.T.T. vs. K.A.R.R.

3. Killer K.I.T.T.

4. Scent of the Roses

5. White Bird (I love the song)

6. Knight of the Juggernauts

7. Goliath

8. Goliath Returns

9. Knight of the Phoenix

10. Trust Doesn't Rust

I've had all Team Knight Rider episodes taped until 3 years ago. My sister-in-law took one of my tapes and I haven't seen it since. So now, I'm only missing 5 episodes from TKR!!
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:29 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I have to admit that every time I watch "The Scent Of Roses," the part where Stevie dies in Michael's arms always makes my eyes a little watery. My top 5 favorites are (and mostly nothing here that probably wouldn't be on anyone else's lists) in no particular order:

1) "The Scent Of Roses"

2) "Killer K.I.T.T."

3) "Deadly Knightshade"

4) "K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R."

5) "Junk Yard Dog"
Hey, those were on my list except Deadly Knightsahde. Hey for everyone that has seen the Knight in Disgrace, why does Michael get fired and then pull a gun on Devon?(I seen it in the Kitt vs Karr preview of next weeks episode but never got a chance to tape it)

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:04 pm

MIKEMAC wrote: Hey, those were on my list except Deadly Knightsahde. Hey for everyone that has seen the Knight in Disgrace, why does Michael get fired and then pull a gun on Devon?(I seen it in the Kitt vs Karr preview of next weeks episode but never got a chance to tape it)
I hate to spoil it for you.

So I'll just say that Michael not only pulls a gun, he shoots Devon too. *evil grin*

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:11 pm

I do not remember Knight In Disgrace. I remember a preview but do not remember what happened at all in that episode.

Yes, indeed, Scent of Roses was a very sad part of Knight Rider. What I've found with all the replies and all the talk about every episodes, is that most episodes that we like are between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seasons. Not many memorable episodes in the 4th Season.

I guess KITT was getting too high tech with his SPM and all....

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:38 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:Hey, those were on my list except Deadly Knightsahde.
Well MIKEMAC, considering you gave 19 episodes, I was bound to pick some that were in your list, don't you think? :lol:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:31 pm

chrisebourg wrote:I do not remember Knight In Disgrace. I remember a preview but do not remember what happened at all in that episode.

Yes, indeed, Scent of Roses was a very sad part of Knight Rider. What I've found with all the replies and all the talk about every episodes, is that most episodes that we like are between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seasons. Not many memorable episodes in the 4th Season.

I guess KITT was getting too high tech with his SPM and all....

Well, I agree and disagree. Season 4 was really great but confusing. I joined this board because after I watched Jugernautt I wondered if Kitt ever got his shell back and we all agreed he did, they just never talked about it. Season 4 has the best emotion episode we all love "Scent of Roses". There is also the great and mighty "Killer Kitt", I wish RC would have been in more seasons cause I love that dude. Season 4 just needed more steller shows like Golith or Kitt vs Karr. I figured Kitt Vs Karr part 2 would rule, but season 4 is on of the best, but 1,2,and 3 had more "memorable episoded".

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:34 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
MIKEMAC wrote:Hey, those were on my list except Deadly Knightsahde.
Well MIKEMAC, considering you gave 19 episodes, I was bound to pick some that were in your list, don't you think? :lol:

Well, that's true :twisted: , I try to be as diverse as I can with my episode list. :wink:

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:55 pm

Did it occur to any one of you that Michael and Devon were putting on a really good act too well purposely? I, at first, thought they were totally against each other!
I didn't find that out until Michael met with Devon later in a dry ice kind of vault when Michael retrieved a canister of something pretty nasty from that same vault.....

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:26 pm

Michael and Devon didn't quite get along during the first few episodes. But as the series progressed, Michael tended to look upon Devon as a father figure and Devon looked upon Michael as his son. Well that's how I see it anyway, but they both had good chemistry in their characters.

In real life, Edward Mulhare was a sort of mentor to David H. When Edward died in 1997, David said of the man: "He was my King Arthur and I was his Launcelot." Apparantly Edward tought David some pointers in acting out their roles. No doubt that David became a better actor because of Edward Mulhare.