Knight Rider 2 Game report from E3

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by sarfraz » Thu May 13, 2004 2:56 pm

...um which 20 year old TV series has a game nowadays? well Transformers has hit its 20th anniversary and I had a quick go on the new TF game. Must say, its stunning, revolutionary and alot of fun....and there are plans for a sequel. "transform and roll out" :lol:

Anyway back on topic, are there any indication that Davelix got the handling of KITT sorted out? KITT handled like more like the FLAG semi than a sports car in the first game. I believe the weapons are seriously needed. The first game felt alittle too passive at times.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu May 13, 2004 4:07 pm

sarfraz wrote:...um which 20 year old TV series has a game nowadays? well Transformers has hit its 20th anniversary and I had a quick go on the new TF game.
Don't count :P Its based on Transformers Armada, which is far more recent. But we digress...

The handling of KITT... Well, I think we'll have to wait until one of us gets to actually play it at some point to get feedback on that. Possibly in a few months. ;)

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Thu May 13, 2004 4:19 pm

I don't care about the other stuff i just want to see kitt with better speed then 124 mph.

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Thu May 13, 2004 4:38 pm

was wondering what the system requirements for the new game will be.I bought a 64mb ddr ram geforce 2 card just to get kitts black to shine.It still is a bit slow because my system is a little over the hill.

AMD duron 1.3 Ghs processor
256mb ram
65mb ddr ram geforce 2 vid card

I hope I don't have to buy a new pc just for the new game.I wonder if they will have a low resolution setting to turn kitt shiney black or wierd blue like the last one.
No , its ur Geforce2 bottlenecking ur pc , u had the same configure ation before . its the card . once i got a Geforce4 mx i was able to play perfectly maxed out . also i had the same configuration as u at the time . u also used to have a Geforce 2 card , and Amd Duron 1.3gh .
that Cpu is more than enough . a card like geforce 3Ti 500 or even a cheaper geforce4mx will play it Perfectly . u got my word for it!

heres my Current System now .(Yes , i built it my self!)

Asus A7N8X Bios 1007
Amd AthlonXP 2500+ overclocked to 3200+ (207*11)
256x2 DDR ram 333mhz and 266mhz
ATI Radeon 9600pro Overclocked to 445core/444mem using RivaTuner
Windows 98SE Dual BOOT with Windows XP Pro (non activation licence)
Western Digital 40gb HD 7,200 Rpm 2mb buffer
Creative Sound blaster Audigy gamer

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu May 13, 2004 5:53 pm

Sith wrote:
sarfraz wrote:...um which 20 year old TV series has a game nowadays? well Transformers has hit its 20th anniversary and I had a quick go on the new TF game.
Don't count :P Its based on Transformers Armada, which is far more recent. But we digress...

The handling of KITT... Well, I think we'll have to wait until one of us gets to actually play it at some point to get feedback on that. Possibly in a few months. ;)
It should count. Transformers armada is Transformers. The TF series has survived by evolving (via Beast wars/machines, RID, Armada and now Energon). The game like the series is still fundamentally TF (all share the same mythology_. Bah, in any case, there was a G1(thats old school TF to you) as recently as last year :P

...digressing too much.

Anyway, could someone enlighten me as to what the mini-games concept are about. I keep thinking of monkeyball when I think mini-games so I've got a picture in my head of using KITT as a bowling ball to get a strike :roll:

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

GetKittBack
Rookie

Post by GetKittBack » Thu May 13, 2004 6:13 pm

so when can we expect to see the trailer?

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu May 13, 2004 7:51 pm

As far as I know, the mini-games are essentially training grounds.

For example, there is a dirt track for KITT to race around against the clock, a shooting gallery to test the laser on, and a duel arena for KITT to test his abilities against well armed military bots.

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Fri May 14, 2004 1:01 am

Looks like i got there one day too late....

I walked into their little "room", and they were out of CD promo material at the time. I left them a business card, so hopefully they'll be sending me something here within the next few weeks or so.

/Got nothing.....

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri May 14, 2004 1:29 am

I posted the trailer on my site... 3 sizes depending on your connection speed: small, medium, and GOLIATH!

http://www.knightridermovie.com/game/
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Fri May 14, 2004 9:20 am

Pretty good trailer!
Know anything about the KITT variations that were requested (JYD KITT, etc.) on this board?

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri May 14, 2004 2:33 pm

Hey michael Pajaro does KITT go faster this time or not. 8)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri May 14, 2004 6:10 pm

I understand how they needed to have the missiles on the rear hood to take out the chopper,but they should have not put an arm thingy on his side for his laser.It realy should have been able to come from his scanner.I too hope they fix his handling,I don't know about anyone else but I kept going way off the road when spm mode was engaged.My main concern is I hope the system requirements arent to high.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri May 14, 2004 6:11 pm

I understand how they needed to have the missiles on the rear hood to take out the chopper,but they should have not put an arm thingy on his side for his laser.It realy should have been able to come from his scanner.I too hope they fix his handling,I don't know about anyone else but I kept going way off the road when spm mode was engaged.My main concern is I hope the system requirements arent to high.

On the other hand I realy realy hope It makes it to Ps2 this time.

GetKittBack
Rookie

Post by GetKittBack » Fri May 14, 2004 7:15 pm

sweet trailer

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Sat May 15, 2004 1:30 pm

:o The textures are awesome, there's a sense of realism that wasn't there before, and to know that it can only get better makes me believe this game to be VERY promising! I agree with a couple of you on the addition of weapons, it doesn't seem very KITT-like, even though we know he had 'em, but it'll make the game funner and more challenging and give playablity and make it popular among all gamers instead of just fans of the show! I'm all excited now :P Thanks Michael!

K.I.T.T_Knight
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T_Knight » Sat May 15, 2004 3:46 pm

I am really looking forward to the release of that game, hopefully at the end of 2004! I must say the trailer, promises us a lot of fun in the game. I hope there will be more from K.A.R.R and Goliath!!

GetKittBack
Rookie

Post by GetKittBack » Sat May 15, 2004 6:22 pm

does anyone know who will be doing the voice work this time? it would probaly be asking to much but it would be a good thing for the game to have david and daniels and mcpherson doing it but i aint gonna complain the first game deovon's voice was just like his and michael and kits were poor imitations. this is just my opinion though.

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Sat May 15, 2004 9:47 pm

well . at least devon sounded pretty good . too bad the real one died .

May he rest in peace .

Kitt didnt have the accent but sounded prettly close .
I though Micheal didnt sound like him at all , althoiugh i think he did have the right tone and diologe . he sounds like he had caffene(spelling) and helium(spelling again) for lunch . :lol:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun May 16, 2004 12:30 am

I've been keeping my eyes on detail in the new pics and trailor and so far the changes I've noticed were theres a bar called energy instead of damage and some type of tanks that could represent laser or missile firepower gauge as well as when in combat mode over the helicopter and a battle with 3 baddies,there are healthbars directly over the vehicles and chopper.

K.I.T.T2004
Stranger

Post by K.I.T.T2004 » Tue May 18, 2004 5:04 pm

so how much freedom do you get with this game, can we expect to have michael running round on foot as he likes trying to work out and find stuff or is it very much in car stuck in a level with very little freedom but to as the mission asks!??

K.I.T.T2004
Stranger

Post by K.I.T.T2004 » Tue May 18, 2004 5:04 pm

so how much freedom do you get with this game, can we expect to have michael running round on foot as he likes trying to work out and find stuff or is it very much in car stuck in a level with very little freedom but to as the mission asks!??

What i mean by that can we expect freedom like grand theft auto or are we talking like spyhunter stuck in a car with only one way to go!

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Tue May 18, 2004 5:34 pm

More likely just in the car. But hey! Why are we complaining anyway?

K.I.T.T2004
Stranger

Post by K.I.T.T2004 » Wed May 19, 2004 4:41 am

nah we ain't complaining but just imagine driving to the foundation van yourself to get briefed from Bonnie and Devon, then running straight back to your car, reversing out doing the trademark 180 degree spin and following the course that K.I.T.T sets you. On the way to the scene if anyone tries to take you out K.I.T.T lets you know and you turbo boost over the block.

When you get to the scene jump out ya car, tell K.I.T.T to keep his scanners pealed as he jams the security alarm and unlocks the door, you stroll in find your evidence, work it out hop back in the car and move to the next scene. Doing as you wish having complete control of your joirney to and from and where you go.

Having a view from the car if you were sitting in it would be cool aswell, seeing K.I.T.T talk and your speed increase heavily as you dart down the long roads.

Sorry about that got bit carried away :oops:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed May 19, 2004 7:30 pm

I just hope the dash looks better.I've been going over the list of suggestions and I hope one thing they fix is the dash.I can understand where the game developers are going with,"We can't make the dash meters too detailed otherwise the average gamer will be distracted." but I wanted to see Michaels hand on the wheel as well as the switch pods behind the steering wheel.People who never saw knigth rider will think that kitt doesnt have the cool visuals he had in the 80's that we knew.I mean how did people think the abilities were activated by telekanese?(bad spelling) or a helmet on the driver.Michael didn't have a helmet just wayyyy oversized afro.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sat May 22, 2004 5:51 am

Flippin heck did that trailer make me feel good or what!?!

Scenes were a little jerky in places even though i used broadband to download it.

Some criticisms from what I saw:

- old style dash needs to be that little bit more closely replicated. I mean, when I was playing GTA: Vice City, I stuck on this Knight Rider patch that someone had done and you could see the dash in its entireity albeit from the outside (dont think there were ever interior shots in VC). If someone else can do it, so can Davilex. I appreciate the fact that you need a clear uncluttered dash to see things like speed etc but surely they can do an overlay of these say near the top or at the bottom, in the corners. In the close up interior shots on the trailer, I know theyre only for show-off purposes but there was a detailed dash shot. So they CAN do it.

- scanner was moving too fast and was too wide imho. But then again, it did add to the effect of speed.

Some good bits

- the reflections on kitt of the outside world were AWESOME!
- loved the tack-on-to-the-shell weapons
- some of the non-desert scene were bloody draw-droppingly awesome

still can't believe it!