New KR rap video?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New KR rap video?

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:03 pm

I was browsing youtube for KR videos and came across this: anyone heard this before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTgJvM3kNxI

Joe

jaimetheking
Operative

Re: New KR rap video?

Post by jaimetheking » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:34 am

Why? ...just why?

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:52 pm

jaimetheking wrote:Why? ...just why?
LMAO, good one!

Joe

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:04 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:
jaimetheking wrote:Why? ...just why?
LMAO, good one!

Joe
I like hip-hop.
But the song sucks.

Busta Rhymes "Fire it Up" was superior.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:59 pm

I don't care for about 90% of hip-hop and I couldn't finish it without thoughts of setting myself on fire just clense myself of what I did see. It's an example of why I wish they would have done some actual work on the regular KITT's exterior so idiots couldn't just make horrible videos, music or otherwise with just a stock black Mustang. It just being a Shelby 500KR isn't enough.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:06 pm

It's good,but not as great as Busta Rhyme's "Fire it Up",which is one of my favorite songs,although I'm not a big fan of rap.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:01 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:It's good,but not as great as Busta Rhyme's "Fire it Up",which is one of my favorite songs,although I'm not a big fan of rap.
Sweet.... The Viper in Busta Rhymes video was probably more accurate to the KR universe than say..... Hannah in Knight Rider 2010.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:04 pm

HisNameisGarth wrote:Sweet.... The Viper in Busta Rhymes video was probably more accurate to the KR universe than say..... Hannah in Knight Rider 2010.
Speaking of that Viper, did you happen to think the voice modulator in it was a lot like the new Knight 3000's? It's been years since I've seen that video, but that was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw the previews of the new series.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
HisNameisGarth wrote:Sweet.... The Viper in Busta Rhymes video was probably more accurate to the KR universe than say..... Hannah in Knight Rider 2010.
Speaking of that Viper, did you happen to think the voice modulator in it was a lot like the new Knight 3000's? It's been years since I've seen that video, but that was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw the previews of the new series.
Yeah, totally agree.
I think the new KR borrowed elements from lots of sources.... I'm sure they reviewed Rhyme's video.

I think the most blatant "lift" in the new KR Pilot film was from the 1994-1998 Viper TV series. I mean... that car was all about Nanotechnology and its shape-shifting abilities. The new "KITT cave" looks eerily similar to the Viper's turntable in the Subway Station.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:14 pm

I think the song is overall mediocre both in terms of the production and flow and the video does seem a bit amateurish, even though most rap videos are pretty basic to begin with. But still, I love seeing Knight Rider get acknowledged in any way, shape, or form, especially when an entire song is dedicated to it. It brings awareness to a whole different age group and/or culture that might otherwise not be interested in the franchise. No such thing as bad publicity. And it's always cool to see the franchise get some respect in the best way artists know how.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:29 pm

HisNameisGarth wrote:I think the most blatant "lift" in the new KR Pilot film was from the 1994-1998 Viper TV series. I mean... that car was all about Nanotechnology and its shape-shifting abilities. The new "KITT cave" looks eerily similar to the Viper's turntable in the Subway Station.
Indeed. There have been many threads about it over the course of the past year when news of the backdoor pilot first broke out. I'm just frankly too lazy to search and give some links. But if you look around a little bit, they're there.

As I've said in other threads, even the morphing has shared a similar evolution. The backdoor pilot's used nanotechnology and now as it has evolved into a series, it transforms. The original NBC Viper seemingly used nanotechnology as well for the first season. After it was canceled and resurrected on UPN, the morphing effect changed to a more mechanical/Transformer style.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:48 am

Sounded ok, however I wish they would of done more with the Mustang they used, I mean wtf is up with the white stripes? That's now KITT at all lol!

Joe

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
HisNameisGarth wrote:I think the most blatant "lift" in the new KR Pilot film was from the 1994-1998 Viper TV series. I mean... that car was all about Nanotechnology and its shape-shifting abilities. The new "KITT cave" looks eerily similar to the Viper's turntable in the Subway Station.
Indeed. There have been many threads about it over the course of the past year when news of the backdoor pilot first broke out. I'm just frankly too lazy to search and give some links. But if you look around a little bit, they're there.

As I've said in other threads, even the morphing has shared a similar evolution. The backdoor pilot's used nanotechnology and now as it has evolved into a series, it transforms. The original NBC Viper seemingly used nanotechnology as well for the first season. After it was canceled and resurrected on UPN, the morphing effect changed to a more mechanical/Transformer style.
Well for Viper -- this shift was mostly a cost issue.
I once worked with Robert Benjamin (transportation captain for Dukes of Hazzard and Viper).... He explained that for the NBC run, they used MetroLight Studios for their "Hex Morph" effect. It cost about $50,000 each time the car switched modes (This CGI was quite expensive in late 1993).

When they moved production to Canada, they switched CGI companies to BB&J visual effects. The mechanical transformations were much more simple to accomplish and cost around $10,000 per sequence.

The Metrolight technique was far more labor intensive. It required both cars to be lined up in the exact same spot on the pavement using motion control cameras. The BB&J effect, simply masked the silver car on top of the Roadster/GTS Coupe.... IMO it didn't look as good, but it was far easier to achieve.