Knight Rider Soundtrack

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightMati
Volunteer

Knight Rider Soundtrack

Post by KnightMati » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 am

Hi guys!

I looked through google and coudn't find anything in particular. Have the soundtrack to Knight Rider ever been released? I'm particularly interested in the theme attached to David from Mouth of the Snake (S2) - the melody has ringed in my mind for a long time now and I can't find the original recording, apart from what we can hear on the episode itself.

Thanks for clues!
M.

AusKnight2K
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by AusKnight2K » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:44 pm

There are a couple of soundtracks available:

Have a look at this URL:
http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/cata ... ieid=27924

The third (and latest) soundtrack has music from Mouth of the Snake.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:41 am

Stu Phillips KR soundtrack and the Hi-Tech records KR soundtrack are sold out, only the latest "The Best of Knight Rider by Don Peake" is still available but there's less than 55 pressing left according to the hitchcock records website so you must order it pretty soon if you want it and this is the one you want since it has the Mouth of the Snake music.
http://hitchcock-media.com/Pages/Artist ... rider.html
http://www.buysoundtrax.com/knight_rider-v1.html

Gotta agree the David Dalton theme is quite cool & catchy but so is pretty much every melody that both of these composers created for Knight Rider :)
Wish there'd be another CD from Stu Phillips because there was lots of great music in the 1st season episodes Mr. Phillips wrote the music. For instance Good Day at White Rock, the driving music to the White Rock, the bikergang theme, etc. Also the copchase at the beginning of Slammin Sammy's episode, music in No Big Thing, I could go on and on :)

-KITTfan-

KnightMati
Volunteer

Post by KnightMati » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:06 pm

Yea, the same goes for me - the music from whole series is wonderful and gives me a lot of enjoyment:) Mouth of the snake theme though is one of my favs. I found some of these soundtracks mentioned, but the Don Peake's is what I was looking for. I just missed it. I hope it is still available for sale, not only "virtually" available :)

I still miss more KR materials available - the DVDs could be packed with more "behind scenes" stuff and addons, same goes for soundtracks which are hard to get. Not to mention the ERTL 1:18 KITT which is discontinued as I have read here on the forums.

Thanks!
M.

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:09 pm

Stu Phillips is a member on this forum, (or it's someone that really has their ear to the ground on his work) maybe you could ask him about the CDs and if any are left.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.