final episode

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kellys75
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

final episode

Post by kellys75 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:08 pm

could anyone tell me name of final episode of knight rider not the knight rider 2000, and what happened at the end watched them all except that one watching the reruns on bravo but not in order.

many thanx

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:38 pm

There wasn't really a 'true' finale--what most fans consider the end is the episode 'The Scent of Roses', where Micheal quits his job from the Foundation and marries his girlfriend Stevie--who is killed shortly after. There were ten episodes that aired between it and the last episode, 'Voo Doo Knight', which deals with a Voodoo priestess who, in order to steal artifacts, uses earrings to turn the wearers into zombies. (sigh)

EDIT: Actually, they were ear clips that slid behind the ear, like a hearing aid might. Not that's any better...

(Thanks to The Knight Rider Archive for the episode information)
Last edited by Phoenix915 on Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:55 pm

it's too bad, I feel that Scent of Roses should have actually been the season fianle. VooDoo Knight was just like any other episode.

PursuitMode-1983
Volunteer

Post by PursuitMode-1983 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:57 pm

Yeah... it did go a bit off track didn't it? :cry:

Just goes to show that a show can go from the sublime to the ridiculous in such a short time.

Kris
Tony: You hunk of tin didn't you see her??!

KARR: I was watching you de-activate the Rev, was he malfunctioning...?

*Trust Doesn't Rust*

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:48 pm

I think there should've been at least a couple more episodes after that "Voodoo Knight" episode, and that episode was a bit screwed to me as well.
What was up with those men acting like zombies, anyway? :?
"Knight Rider" should've had a better ending than that episode!

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:49 pm

I can't remember that episode "Voodoo Knight" but it sounds like it had some serious 80's cheese factor in affect. Maybe it was a good idea there weren't anymore episodes after that one. Who knows, we could have seen Michael and K.I.T.T rescuing people abducted by aliens or taking on Big Foot after he killed some campers. :roll:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:44 pm

Bonnie was also inexplicably absent in the episode (Patricia McPherson had a prior film commitment) and RC3's motorbike was destroyed. One of the problems with the series was that there once again was no explanation for her absence (like the appearances and disappearances of Bonnie and April). The whole episode just seemed to escape the overall Knight Rider realm of believability. I agree that "The Scent Of Roses" would have been the ideal series finalé.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:56 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:I can't remember that episode "Voodoo Knight" but it sounds like it had some serious 80's cheese factor in affect. Maybe it was a good idea there weren't anymore episodes after that one. Who knows, we could have seen Michael and K.I.T.T rescuing people abducted by aliens or taking on Big Foot after he killed some campers. :roll:
Woooo!!!! Sounds Like a KR and V Combo up there! They should have re-arranged the episodes so that Scent of Roses was last - Michael goes back to work for the foundation to "make a difference" until he retires in the KR movie 80's cheese? Where ? :D

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:59 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Bonnie was also inexplicably absent in the episode (Patricia McPherson had a prior film commitment) and RC3's motorbike was destroyed. One of the problems with the series was that there once again was no explanation for her absence (like the appearances and disappearances of Bonnie and April). The whole episode just seemed to escape the overall Knight Rider realm of believability. I agree that "The Scent Of Roses" would have been the ideal series finalé.
There are a lot of loose ends so-to-speak in KR. I guess the show was meant to tweak the imagination of a "self driving" talking car - not to make any logical sense in plots.

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:42 am

*ZING* Glen A. Larson :D :D

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:14 pm

I read from David Hassolhoff that the "Scent of Roses" was supposed to be the final episode and even to him it is. But NBC switched it around for some reason he still doesn't know why. And Vodoo Knight was the last taped show and NBC just canceled Knight Rider, just like the Dukes, they didn't have a "final" episode like most shows. But even if the star of the show agrees with the fans then we are some "smart fans" :D 8)
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;