I need help about who to buy Kitt from on Ebay please.

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I need help about who to buy Kitt from on Ebay please.

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:45 pm

Alright, got my tax money and the wife says I can get Kitt now(and Playstation2 :twisted: ) and Ebay is the only place to buy from cause no store wil get it here cause they all suck, who is the best person to buy from, I know it's 10 bucks shipping and 22 bucks for Kitt which is no problem, and I know alot of people are selling Kitt and who is the best(the one with the best kitt scanner), and who you liked. I'm buying it as soon as I can.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:22 pm

Do not I repeat Do NOT buy from a guy that goes by Diecastmart. He screwed a lot of us over. There was a few of us that bought from him on this board. He lied and said he had the items in hand. We had to wait over a week and a half for our models. Good Luck. :D
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Tetsu
Recruit

Post by Tetsu » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:22 pm

Hey MIKEMAC,
I've never bought from Diecastmart, but I've heard really bad stories about them. Some buyers even received their models broken, or even with missing parts.
Here is the seller I bought mine from. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 29850&rd=1
He's very efficient and shipping is with Priority mail (If you live in the U.S.) I received my KITT in perfect flawless condition.
As far as your question reguarding the scanner goes, I'm not sure what you mean by "best scanner". ALl the ERTL KITT models have the same exact scanner. It's not exactly like the TV KITT scanner, but it's good enough. I actually removed my original scanner and installed a completely different better scanner. but thats another story.
I hope it works out for you bro.
Tetsu

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:37 pm

Actually, Amazon seems to have the die-cast model in stock for $24. They're a lot more reliable then some eBay sellers, and you don't have to worry about someone outbidding you. :) I'm going to order my KITT from them tonight.

And if you do go the eBay route, stay away from Diecastmart. He's nothing but trouble.

Knight 5150
Volunteer

Post by Knight 5150 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:09 pm

I bought mine from vs-diecast and it was perfect. Only 10 days to Spain.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... t&frm=1728

He has a 99.9% rating. Highly recommended.

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:56 pm

do not buy from diecastmart or the seller in the link tetsu provided. read their many negative feedbacks and the one in the link over-charges for shipping by $6 to $7. if you can get it from amazon for $24, that is your safest bet. i have personally pruchased a few 1:18 cars from vs-diecast on ebay and they have all arrived on time, in excellent condition and they did not over charge for shipping.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:43 am

i got my kitt from diecast mart and in record time i would buy from him again, i dont understand why people here have left bad feedback to him. the first batches of the 1/18 kitt were in short supply in the beginning, they still have yet to appear in stores that sell 1/18 diecasts.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:55 am

Dave Knight wrote:i got my kitt from diecast mart and in record time i would buy from him again, i dont understand why people here have left bad feedback to him. the first batches of the 1/18 kitt were in short supply in the beginning, they still have yet to appear in stores that sell 1/18 diecasts.
But he lied to mostly everyone who bought from him. He said he had the item in hand. But he lied. And in result everyone had to wait a few extra days to recieve their models.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:46 pm

Thank you everyone for the info :D I will stay away from diecast mart, I can't find it on amazon for some reason, so I'll go with the best feedback from ebay. Thanks again! :D
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:08 pm

Actually, I see it on Amazon, but it's missing the t-tops. Does anyone know if they will be in the box, or is there pictures jsut messed up?

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:54 pm

They probably took them out for the picture. Why, I have no clue, but they are included on the actual model car.

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:58 am

[quote="Dave Knight"] i dont understand why people here have left bad feedback to him. quote]
i was the very first person to buy and pay for a 1:18 kitt from him yet i was the last one to actually get one shipped to me. he also lied to me by telling me my product would be received over a week before he actually sent it out. you must realize that just because you managed to have a smooth transaction with him doesn't mean everyone else has.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:46 pm

Thank you all! For all your info, I bought Kitt from Amazon on last Friday when O posted this topic because they have a 30 day return policy where Ebay does not, but there are no t-tops in the picture so I was afraid it would not be included, but I figured I would return it if it wasn't. It was shipped on Sunday, and I got it today!, they were fast, and I love it, works great, the small delay is no big deal. Thanks guys for all the info to go with Amazon! :D