can kitt right him self?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nivek
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

can kitt right him self?

Post by nivek » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:04 pm

ok I know he got back on his wheels in goliath and to tell you the truth that is where this question come from. the only different is insted of being his side he is on his fully up side down. so now that i have gotten that out of the way here is the qestion. (Could kitt get right side up from sitting on his roof with out any other type of out side help other then micheal ?)

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:41 pm

maybe if he used eject...at least that's what Bond did, lol
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:12 pm

The question that can also be posed, is how can KITT perform Ski mode, and get up on two wheels without assistance? This is a TV show, Kevin! Think "entertainment"!
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:53 pm

ok so it is a tv show so that does not mean anything just because it is a tv show dose not mean that car can do every thing am i right. I mean yes it is make belive but still it is fun at lest to me to find out other peoples idea on how thing can happen even if they caould not happen in real life.
now give what kitt can do would he be able too right him self?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:03 am

Actually, because it is a TV show, the car can do everything. That is where the magic of TV comes in.

But if you want a technological hypothesis, then most likely all he has to do is fire his retro rockets, get himself rocking enough, and he can potentially flip himself over. Or using his grappling hook through a really delicate set of maneuvers.

KI

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:06 am

But if you want a technological hypothesis, then most likely all he has to do is fire his retro rockets, get himself rocking enough, and he can potentially flip himself over. Or using his grappling hook through a really delicate set of maneuvers.

That is what I whonted. know any thing is posible though tv it is when you start being it out in to the real world when it starts get fun.

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:45 am

You mean more fun that deciphering poor english/grammar? Awwww..
:kittspin:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:27 pm

I sometimes think everyone on this board are English teachers. :lol:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:58 pm

Considering how helpless KITT becomes simply when he has his tires lifted in the air, I don't think he had any specific way to right himself. If the script called for it I'm sure they could have easily used the trajectory guide to somehow flip over, but from what we've seen I'd have to say "no".

And could we please give nivek a little slack with all the spelling/grammar complaints? Thanks.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:15 pm

yes, I agree with Mike, it isn't his fault he can't write proper english.

The english language isn't made up of the whole world, ppl need to remember that.

leave the guy alone.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:44 pm

Ok, let me throw in here a bit.

For one, you have to give nivek some props, he has come a long way since his first posts, and has shown improvement.

On one hand, you can't blame others for wishing that they could understand the messages that nivek posts, especially when nivek posts with such passion, and frequency. But admittedly, the teasing has gotten a bit old, and really doesn't assist in the improvement of the subject along the way.

Now, for those who are making smarmy comments about it being a board full of English Teachers? Yeah, well, it's better than insulting English Teachers, and yourself by not showing that you have some pride in yourself to take a little more care in your posting. You are, after all in public, and your words are representative of you, so why not be a little more careful.

Now, Skav, (yes, I am picking you out on this, because of your comment) it IS Nivek's fault that he can't write proper english, but he is seemingly working on changing that, to better himself. It irritates me as a teacher to see commentary like that, because it is really trying to pass the buck off.

Just because we have a new mass of people, does that mean that we have ditched our old standards of wanting to read quality over quantity? If that is the case, then we as a commuity have gone from great to pathetic in a heartbeat.

To that end, I do have to say that small reminders to Nivek should be allowed, out and out specific posting to knock him down, well, it just shouldn't be what any of us are about. Let's help, not shame.

KI

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:43 pm

No, the fact is, the guy *isn't* english, he writes in broken english, what's all this palava about ditching quality over quantity?

That's going a bit far.

We have one person on the board, as far as I know, that writes in broken english. that is not a sign that we are starting to ditch quality over quantity.

when it gets to a hoard of foreign people writing in broken english, then start to question what we are ditching. until then, that's an unfair comment from you and only fair of the people that they try to understand that nivek has trouble with our language.

it's no biggie, it's only a big deal when it gets to the stage when people start to single out nivek about it, which is what is seemingly going on.

understanding is the key. and that's not happening in my eyes as of yet.

improvement will happen, it takes time.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:58 pm

Skav wrote:No, the fact is, the guy *isn't* english, he writes in broken english,
What the heck are you talking about? I didn't say that he was English in any way. He is from Albuquerque New Mexico, you know, the same state that I come from, where english is our first language, too.
what's all this palava about ditching quality over quantity?

That's going a bit far.

We have one person on the board, as far as I know, that writes in broken english. that is not a sign that we are starting to ditch quality over quantity.
Only you would take the whole thing and skew it in an inflammatory direction. First of all, the whole commentary, if you cared to read it, was directed at people bringing up the concept of the broken english, and why they are in fact bringing it up.
when it gets to a hoard of foreign people writing in broken english, then start to question what we are ditching. until then, that's an unfair comment from you and only fair of the people that they try to understand that nivek has trouble with our language.
Before you comment, maybe you should figure out what the heck you are talking about. Once again, Skav, Nivek is from the UNITED STATES. Albuquerque is in the UNITED STATES. And if you chose to read what I am saying you would see that I was saying that both sides have a legitimate point. Can you understand that, rather than reading selectively?
it's no biggie, it's only a big deal when it gets to the stage when people start to single out nivek about it, which is what is seemingly going on.

understanding is the key. and that's not happening in my eyes as of yet.

improvement will happen, it takes time.

Skav
You would improve if you knew what you were speaking up about, rather than jumping in and being the great avenger when you don't know all the facts. Nivek isn't the only one singled out for it, either. Others have been as well, not only in the present, but the past, and they have been given the chance to improve. Nice to see how we take my commentary out of context to make a bigger deal out of something.

KI

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:08 pm

In the future Skav, it might behoove you to find out a bit more about the person you're trying to defend before you offhandedly insult them with an ignorant comment.

Rusti
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:25 pm

geez...sorry i said anything........

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:48 pm

Now, Skav, (yes, I am picking you out on this, because of your comment) it IS Nivek's fault that he can't write proper english, but he is seemingly working on changing that, to better himself. It irritates me as a teacher to see commentary like that, because it is really trying to pass the buck off.

1st off I will have to give knightimmortal two points for what she said up above. 2ed off just little info for those how don't know which I would imagine is most of you I was born right here in Albuquerque.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:43 pm

That is what I whonted. know any thing is posible though tv it is when you start being it out in to the real world when it starts get fun.
Ok lets be honest here.... the above comment has shocking grammar and spelling.

I don’t think its asking too much to expect to be able to read and understand a persons post without having to decipher it first.

If we sit back and let things slide all the time then people will never know what our expectations are or when they have slipped beneath them.

The occasional mistake from anyone is expected…after all we’re human. But a post like the quote above is a bit much.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:47 pm

Hier here! Eye sekund thatte moshun!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:52 pm

Be warned, I'm cranky.

You know what's more annoying than nivek's poor grammar? The constant sarcastic replies from everyone else making fun of him. Because nivek seems to be a decent person who doesn't fight back, this board seems to think it's OK to have a free-for-all and say whatever they want about him. I don't mind the few people who have offered constructive criticism or advice, but that is only happening rarely. As knightimmortal just said "let's help, not shame".

I don't know exactly what nivek's deal is. Maybe he's just a big con artist. But he HAS offered an explanation for his posts that he has a learning disorder. I personally have a good friend who is dyslexic, and I know how difficult it is for him to communicate via text. And spell-checkers are not the save-all people want them to be.

So here's my personal offer to the rest of the board: Don't worry about reading any of nivek's posts. Whenever you see a message from him, simply ignore it. Those of us who are willing to take the extra 2 seconds to translate his message will respond if we can.

As I see it, Nivek's (or anybody else's) spelling reflects poorly upon him, and him alone. The rude, insulting, sarcastic replies reflect poorly upon the board as a whole.

Mike

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:19 pm

ok! yes, I will say my grammar is not up to par, but that does not matter. yes, you are going to come back say "yes it does" but that is not my point.What I am trying to say is that so for everyone has done one hell of a job in trying to work out what I am saying. What i mean by hell is a very very good job. there not been any times when I can remember when someone has miss read or replied to one of mine not knowing what I said.

ps keep up trying and i promise i will keep trying to better with my spelling and grammar.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:45 am

But he HAS offered an explanation for his posts that he has a learning disorder
Which thread was that in? I don't recall ever seeing that post.

I wander how many other people have missed it?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:58 am

Rockatteer wrote:
But he HAS offered an explanation for his posts that he has a learning disorder
Which thread was that in? I don't recall ever seeing that post.

I wander how many other people have missed it?
It was originally posted here:

http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... ght=#20520

but was edited out. You'll notice the reply is still there of "So you admit to taking the short bus to school everyday." Not exactly creating a nurturing environment.

Maybe you were trying to be funny, but if not there is a certain irony that it should be WONDER, not wander.

Mike

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:27 am

Maybe the post should have been left in.

Something like that, which affects everyone trying to read the post, really should be explained.

A quick intro when first joining the board would have gone a long way me thinks.

And to answered the inevitable question…. Yes it is our business, because we are the ones trying to read his posts.

But before this turns into a full blown war…. My point is that if we where made aware of Niveks learning problems, we probably wouldn’t be having this discussion now.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:10 am

Unfortunately, people WERE made aware of it and still decided to ignore it or make fun of it.

If people have trouble communicating, for whatever reason, I don't think they should have to constantly remind everyone of their difficulties. In an open, friendly community, we shouldn't have to be told once a week "forgive my message but I don't speak english" or "I'm dyslexic" or "I'm only 9 years old".

I agree with you, trying to read a member's posts is everyone's business. I for one am choosing to try to understand him better. Other people prefer to go for the cheap insult every time, and I believe THAT is also our business.

Mike

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:31 pm

I take your point Mike and for the most part agree with you...

but if the post was removed shortly after it was posted, then probably not many people saw it...I know I didn't.

I agree that there is no need to regularly remind people about such things, but I would suggest that we do need to be told once and the post needs to be left up long enough for everyone to have the chance to read it

:dash: