Kitt had 2 fuel gallon gages

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Kitt had 2 fuel gallon gages

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:04 am

I was watching no big thing in season 1 and noticed when kitt was talking about how he was running on fumes that he indicated a blinking fuel gallon but a few seconds earlier when they introduced Kitt to the episode with a few shots they showed another fuel gallon meter that looked like it was under the dash monitor to the left of the mode buttons.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Kitt had 2 fuel gallon gages

Post by jup » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:44 pm

Good catch.

I wonder just how many versions of the dash has been made, over the course of the show.
After all, I only remember the one sighting of KITT's VOX having the 'KNIGHT INDUSTRIES TWO THOUSAND' printed over it.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:10 am

I also remember a Season 1 episode where Michael is filling K.I.T.T.'s gas tank from behind the license plate. That would be fine except for the fact that K.I.T.T./the 1982 Trans Am has its gas cap on the quarter panel. And this was before his conversion to hydrogen fuel in "Give Me Liberty...Or Give Me Death."
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Mechanicjay
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Mechanicjay » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:43 am

Yeah, I remember that one and only refuelling KITT scene. It was completely bizarre as the filler neck was like almost on the ground. I mean, if that's where the fuel fill was relocated too that's fine except for gravity and stuff as it was like the lowest point on the car...it would have been below grade of fuel tank in an actual Trans-am. I always took this to mean that really, it was just a T/A style shell and every major system had been relocation or modified beyond recognition.