IGN Filmforce has another update on Ashton Kutcher

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

March2875
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

IGN Filmforce has another update on Ashton Kutcher

Post by March2875 » Thu May 08, 2003 9:35 am

His people confirm He's been approached by Revolution. However he's yet to have seen a script as we know its not finished as of yet. So until he sees a script He is only keeping it in mind as an option.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/401/401151p1.html

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu May 08, 2003 11:38 am

Hm, intersting find March2875. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Nick

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu May 08, 2003 12:24 pm

all i can say is, i hope it does not turn out at all!!!

i mean this guy driving KITT

no way!!!

Nick

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu May 08, 2003 12:55 pm

Why do I have Bill and Ted's excellent adventure's in my head??

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu May 08, 2003 1:39 pm

LMAO yeah i know what you mean Skav!! excellent!!!! umm NOOOO lol

Nick

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu May 08, 2003 2:14 pm

How would you guys feel if Keanu Reeves was up for the role? Yea, he's not the sharpest pencil in the box, but he the ability to drive an action film to success. As I said before, I feel Ashton is in the same place career wise as Keanu was with Bill and Teds, he has the potential of becoming a bankable action star (and he is already bankable in comedies with dude wheres my car and just married, etc)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu May 08, 2003 2:26 pm

Keanu can prove that he can play somebody with more than two brain cells to rub together. Ashton gets thrown into the same dumb-ass parts over and over and over again, because it is type casting. This is the same person that just narced on the Bush twins smoking MJ to one of the more notable magazines in the country, and then wonders why the Secret Service may be tapping the phone on him. Not cool.

KI

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu May 08, 2003 6:12 pm

I definetely think Keanu's acting is wooden, for sure. I think his best performance was perhaps 'Speed' not even 'The Matrix'....but, ok, to me, Matrix was nowhere near as good as people made it out to be and didn't really test keanu's acting until the last 20 mins which i thought was really good (early fight scenes don't apply as they were the cheesiest fight scenes in history and I coulda done better.)

Sorry for going a little OT but Keanu does aggravate me a bit with his lack of emotion in a role.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu May 08, 2003 7:33 pm

I'd rather have no emotion than 'duuur, I got a boogie, what color is the sky...duuuuude" type acting all the time. ;)

KI

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu May 08, 2003 7:51 pm

lmao!

Skav

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Fri May 09, 2003 11:51 pm

I'd take Keanu any day over Ashton...heck yeah. Keanu can do both action and comedy, and do so very successfully. My favorite Keanu movies are "Devil's Advocate" and "The Replacements." I think he's great in both.

DK

chadwick626
Recruit

Post by chadwick626 » Sat May 10, 2003 12:21 am

if i had to choose betweent eh 2 of them.. id choose sean william scott.. but.. i dont realoy care anymore.. im sure ittl be cool whatever happens..

Karan
Recruit

Post by Karan » Sat May 10, 2003 12:30 am

Skav wrote:I definetely think Keanu's acting is wooden, for sure. I think his best performance was perhaps 'Speed' not even 'The Matrix'....but, ok, to me, Matrix was nowhere near as good as people made it out to be and didn't really test keanu's acting until the last 20 mins which i thought was really good (early fight scenes don't apply as they were the cheesiest fight scenes in history and I coulda done better.)

Sorry for going a little OT but Keanu does aggravate me a bit with his lack of emotion in a role.

Skav
well his character in the Matrix was of a guy who couldnt show any emotion due to the situation in which he was in...but i thought he did a pretty good job anyway,ok maybe he didnt live upto his own potiental but hes still better than those other kids...man have u seen ashton kutcher in real.....i saw him on a talk show the other day and hes just the way his character is on That 70s show..man.it gets a bit annoying after a while,to say the least lol

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat May 10, 2003 8:03 am

Ashton appears to be quite smart whenever you see him on his MTV show "Punk'd", which he in fact created himself. And I must admit, he is good at creating the scenarios for his show (I liked it when he punked Justin Timberlake. Too bad that in his contract, he's not allow to punk Britney Spears. I HATE BOYBANDS AND TEEN POP STARS).

Type casting is always a bad thing, not just for actors, but for directors and writers as well. For example: Kevin Williamson was typecasted for writing "I Know What You Did Last Summer", which played out almost in a same manner as "Scream" did. Director wise, Wes Craven would be the example. He's done how many horror movies as opposed to his attempt at drama in "Music of the Heart"? My point exactly. That is one problem I never hope to end up with when I become a director and writer.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat May 10, 2003 2:36 pm

CB2001 wrote:Ashton appears to be quite smart whenever you see him on his MTV show "Punk'd", which he in fact created himself. And I must admit, he is good at creating the scenarios for his show (I liked it when he punked Justin Timberlake. Too bad that in his contract, he's not allow to punk Britney Spears. I HATE BOYBANDS AND TEEN POP STARS).
Dead people would appear to be quite smart when in the midst of an MTV show. Anything created for MTV is meant to be subltle, and doesn't require a lot of thought.

KI