MBS limitations

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTFAN2003
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

MBS limitations

Post by KITTFAN2003 » Thu May 01, 2003 3:26 pm

Was it ever stated in the show was the limitations of KITT's MBS were? What I mean is, how many gunshots or rocket blasts could the MBS take before KITT became vulnerable :?:

We do hear KITT say in several episodes one more hit like that or another direct hit....... It indicates to me that the MBS does have limitations besides the obvious acid bath or KOTJ.

Thanks,

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu May 01, 2003 3:30 pm

the acid bath was Junk Yard Dog lol

Nick

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu May 01, 2003 3:30 pm

KITT was always over cautious. They never really stated what the MBS limitations were for, but KITT was never really up to figuring it out.

KI

IceKnight
Rookie

Post by IceKnight » Thu May 01, 2003 3:31 pm

KITT's MBS, as far as I know, has one definite limitation... armor piercing bullets.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Thu May 01, 2003 3:38 pm

Actually the MBS took Armor piercing Granades in Buyout.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu May 01, 2003 3:54 pm

Ah, but was he ever hit dead on with them?

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mbetanco12
Stranger

Post by mbetanco12 » Thu May 01, 2003 4:50 pm

Turbo Boost?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu May 01, 2003 5:21 pm

mbetanco12 wrote:Turbo Boost?
Sorry?

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Thu May 01, 2003 7:16 pm

i think you meant to say that the tires couldnt take armor piercing bullets, but the car itself could (i forget the episode that this was mentioned)

KI Three Thousand
Recruit

MBS Limits Huh let me thank a littile bit

Post by KI Three Thousand » Thu May 01, 2003 10:14 pm

OK
In Knight Rider Kitts MBS is basicly an ultra hard version of bullet proff Armor plating just lighter and more effective

Rocket Launcher blasts would cause trmendious Internal system damage hence couldn't take to much regardless of armor

KITT's Tires is logicly also MBS so they are not a real weakness

Armor percing buillets I don't thank KITT could be damaged by that either

ACID bath heh that could destroy nearley any thing eventuly

Hard Iron blades nah wouldn't get throw in knight of the phoenix they broke 3 Dimand tip drills on KITTs MBS from over heating

Scanner is basicly glass A major weakness any weapon can destroy KITT if targeted at the scanner for more on this weakness view troust doesn't rust

Computer Virus KITT is fited with a test signl to FLAG a computer virus could be feed by that signal

OK these are all my best guess work on KITTs MBS and possable weakness's hope I didn't get off topic but MBS is KITT and volnurbilitys in the armor the computer Virus is just to point out there is ways around KITTS MBS

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu May 01, 2003 10:35 pm

I think the whole question was based around how much the MBS could take.

The MBS is not an ultra-hard version of bullet proof armor. It actually creates a new substance that is harder than anything else known to man.

It can deflect rocket launcher blasts, by dispursing the energy, it just can't seem to take too many blasts, as you can generally see in every show where there were rockets.

KITT's Tires are not totally covered in the MBS, as they have a Tuflex coating, but they are still not a weakness.

KITT can't be damaged by armor piercing bullets.

It wasn't just an acid bath, it was a toxic waste bath, and the acid didn't nearly destroy everything.

The scanner is not just glass, it has a lesser amount of the MBS, and a weapon concentrated there would still need extra assistance to destroy KITT, something like another head to head with another car with the MBS on it.

A computer virus has nothing to do with the MBS, and it wouldn't necessarily destroy KITT. KITT has many vulnerabilities other than that, which they showed throughout the series. Including towing another vehicle, not being able to do things an SUV can, and such things.

KI

KI Three Thousand
Recruit

MBS

Post by KI Three Thousand » Thu May 01, 2003 10:46 pm

Bonnie did devlop a Laser to destory the scanner I was just pointing out it is a possible weakness and regardless of how meny anti-Virus or Virus deffenses there is always away around em just an Idea and also KITT pulled another Car and only Damaged his alpha circuit and don't Forget Rocket launcher impacts in real life would cause internal damage regardless of Armor I was analyzing the MBS with a real life twist to it it is a T.V. show I was just figuring it out for if it was real and don't forget the MBS was pointed out as being just and Ultra Hard new material that is sevral times harder the bullet proff armor.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu May 01, 2003 11:00 pm

I remember the show very well, and I think you need to read what I typed a little more carefully. I was about to ask you if you realized that it was just a T.V. show, and there is no real twist to the MBS, people around here don't need that kind of reference point, because they aren't really that stupid.

There is no comparison of the MBS to heavy armor, unless it was Michael trying to put it in secretive terms while explaining it to an outsider.

KI

KI Three Thousand
Recruit

Yah our talking about MBS brings me back to....

Post by KI Three Thousand » Thu May 01, 2003 11:46 pm

Remember when golith crushed KITT under his front right wheel not even KITTS MBS was enof to protech him from that.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu May 01, 2003 11:57 pm

Goliath didn't 'crush' KITT under his wheel, he hit him, and flipped him, and actually, considering that he hit a semi with the MBS on it, KITT came out rather well, and only needed patching on the interior once he got back to the semi.

KI

KI Three Thousand
Recruit

I know

Post by KI Three Thousand » Fri May 02, 2003 12:02 am

Ok I could of said

Hit to who knows how far.
Knocked silly.
Bashed onto side.
Smashed in KITT's Front.
Nearly Killed MR. Knight and KITT.
Saverly damaged KITT.
KITT was lucky he was fixed by part 2.
KITT lost to Golith.

YOu like thses better?
I like Golith nearly crushed KITT.

Oh and by the way I like you posting name knightimmortal sound cool to me nice avater bonnie I thank.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri May 02, 2003 12:07 am

Uh, no, because you are STILL wrong.

We know how far he was knocked to, because you see him rolling from the impact.

He was not knocked silly, he was slightly damaged.

He LANDED on his side.

KITT's front WASN'T smashed in.

Nearly killed would have meant that Michael would have been in the hospital, and in a coma, he wasn't, in fact, he was able to act horribly and get KITT out of the desert.

KITT wasn't severely damaged, if he was, he wouldn't have been able to get out of the desert, he took a lot of damage, but was still mobile.

What, were you there in reality to say that KITT was lucky to be fixed by part two? He was fixed IN part two, and it didn't take April that much to fix him enough to continue.

KITT lost one battle to Goliath, because his driver misjudged the situation, he didn't completely lose the entire thing, because as we saw, he won.

It seems that you have created things for this episode in accordance to your dramatical views.

KI

KI Three Thousand
Recruit

Ah yes but

Post by KI Three Thousand » Fri May 02, 2003 12:14 am

One thing is true Michael didn't sound to well when he got out of KITT.

KITT was drmaticly flung in part 1 to make us tune into part 2

In part 2 KITT was not show when garth was honking goliths horn so KITT must of rooled a good 2 or thre times

KITT was badly damaged and KITT is probly a lot harder to repair then a computer so Michael might of been seen by doctors then.

For a car rooling Michael did come out in remarcably good health givin KITT is minus set belts.

Golith is a big semi KITT is a small car safe to say KITT came out in amazingly good shape.

One thing does puzzle me how did they saposadly fix KITT so fast?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri May 02, 2003 12:25 am

Michael always sounds bad when he has a cut, something you see quite often in the series.

He rolled in part one, and actually, the episode was one movie at one time, and was cut in syndication, he rolled three to four times, which is pretty natural for a slightly less heavier vehicle being struck by a larger object. The fact is....he wasn't crushed.

Once again, part two didn't originally exist, and neither did the cut, so yeah, KITT did get rolled, that much is obvious, but he wasn't crushed.

Yeah, KITT is probably a lot harder to repair than a computer, but not that much time truly elapsed, and the pure fact is: Michael walked away, so he was not nearly killed.

I think I did say that the MBS saved KITT's rear, and didn't fail that badly.

And KITT wasn't damaged that badly, that is how he was fixed so quickly. They have spare parts for him, April is an expert tech, and sorry to ruin your vision of the series, but he wasn't as badly damaged as you seem to think.

KI

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Fri May 02, 2003 5:26 am

Is anyone else here having trouble reading KI Three Thousand's posts? Dude, slow down and write ENGLISH. "Saposadly"? "Drmaticly"? And my favourite, "Rooled". You makin' up words now?
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Fri May 02, 2003 12:13 pm

I am glad you noticed that. At least he (or she?) is breaking their sentences into there own lines now. Reading paragraphs with no periods is really tough on the eyes and the spelling doesn't help either. Whew..... Please proof read and get yourself a dictonary. Thanks.... from the rest fo us.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

KI Three Thousand
Recruit

Well I have to cause to post here

Post by KI Three Thousand » Fri May 02, 2003 5:42 pm

Fact the MBS is nearly invincable to every thing.

:wink: But KITT should take internal damage.
That is what I thank when KITT gets hit by say a rocket Launcher then KITT go's and says Michael I don't thank I can take another Hit. " :idea: It just makes to much since that way don't It?"

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri May 02, 2003 6:11 pm

1) There is a new function to the board now, it's the spellcheck function. (Just a little Public Service Announcement)

2) Nobody has said that KITT can't take internal damage. But it is not due to the MBS. And in fact, it is lessened by the MBS being there.

KI

KI Three Thousand
Recruit

Post by KI Three Thousand » Fri May 02, 2003 8:31 pm

Yep thank you for the add on of the spellcheack :D

2) Nobody has said that KITT can't take internal damage. But it is not due to the MBS. And in fact, it is lessened by the MBS being there.

Yep bingo :)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri May 02, 2003 8:59 pm

And THAT was NOT what you said in your initial diatribe. Nor is it even on topic with the original question.

KI