The Soup "Entertainer of the Year": Hoff mock nomination

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The Soup "Entertainer of the Year": Hoff mock nomination

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:52 pm

"The Soup" is a weekly clip show that makes fun of the best and worst of television. They had a special mock "Awards Show" and David Hasselhoff received a nomination for "Entertainer of the Year." They showed a clip of an overly-dramatic scene from his appearance last year on The Young and the Restless. After the clip, host Joel McHale started speaking to his watch:

"KITT, I need you to get me out of here before they figure out I'm neither young nor restless. Or sober. I wish you were full of booze."

Other nominees were Jerry Hess for his role in Dinocroc vs. Supergator, and Ma from Ma's Roadhouse. The "winner" was a surprise upset: Jon Cryer from Two & Half Men.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

jyd85
Operative

Re: The Soup "Entertainer of the Year": Hoff mock nomination

Post by jyd85 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:54 pm

There's another jab they took at KR that I think no one else noticed. (Or at least I didn't see it mentioned on here.) It was back around when The Hasselhoffs aired.

They showed a clip from an interview where DH was talking into his watch. Then they cut to McHale, who was doing his best KITT impression. He told David to stop calling him. And something about how his interior smelled like Stetson cologne.
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.