Actavating Kitt

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Actavating Kitt

Post by whet » Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:50 pm

In "A good Knight's work "Kitt was switched off April gave micheal a button on a chain which he later used to reactavate him.
However in "Knight's of the fast lane" when Micheal deactavtes Kitt to find the car that Knocked down Stacey he reactavtes by pressing the comlink.
Was this introduced later or Could this allways be done?
If Kitt could Allways be actacted by the comlink why did he need the device in "A good Knight's work"?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:23 pm

Because Bonnie probably in fact did integrate it into the commlink to get rid of the disco medallion thing. It was just the natural evolution of technology.

KI

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:58 pm

I wonder what happened to the medalion?
Probaly MR T in The A team took it off his hands.lol

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:20 pm

If we are lucky, it was taken and wrapped around a voodoo doll resembling april, then melted down....

Ok, that was nice and evil. :twisted:

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:58 pm

April's device did more than just activate KITT. It powered up his systems and overrided his programming to bring KITT to Michael immediately. It was another silly one-time device, but it was not the same as the comlink activation.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:27 pm

Mike is correct April billed it as extra protection. Many times people taken Michael's comlink It might have been less likely they would take a necklace if Michael would hide it better under his clothes that is LOL.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:30 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:April's device did more than just activate KITT. It powered up his systems and overrided his programming to bring KITT to Michael immediately. It was another silly one-time device, but it was not the same as the comlink activation.

Mike
Except for the fact that the commlink was enabled to do the same thing, or at least they showed in various different combinations throughout the rest of the series. It was redundant, and a grasp at trying to give April some inventive glory, that was pretty much it.

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:35 pm

Come to think of it the comlink did have a homing signal for Kitt to home in on.

"A Plush Ride" "Michael keep TALKING while I home in on your wrist communicator."

Wait a minute with that I just discovered something with the Necklace Michael didn't have to talk. And again the point I made about it not being taken from Michael as the comlink had in the past.

Sounds like its being proven more and more as the "Extra Protection" April said it was.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:45 pm

For starters, it was 'extra protection' that wasn't needed again, so it wasn't all that great of a system, was it? Besides, I am not arguing that point, only you are. I am saying that they integrated the dumb necklace's systems into the commlink after that, which both of you would see if you read my initial reply, rather than going for the gold on a bandwagon.

Next, "A Plush Ride" was in Season 1. "A Good Knight's Work" was in season 2. After that, it seems that all the systems were once again incorporated into the commlink. If they were going to take away his watch, then they would take away any other items as well, it was just written in the script to not touch the medallion in that one episode.

I am just saying that after that episode, the commlink exhibited the same features that the dumb necklace did, therefore Bonnie most likely did some integration. If he lost the watch, yep, he would be screwed. But the necklace was just as easy to lose. (as anybody who has watched any cliche fight scene, where the guy gets away, but is tracked back by the intuitive detective, because in the midst of the fight, the necklace got ripped off and left behind.)

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:49 pm

I have to disagree with you there. In Season 4 "Knight of a Thousand Devils" When Michael was jumped outside of Anna Lu Seea Cortez's garage and dumped into that hole Kitt lost contact with him. He wasn't able locate him until Michael regained conciousness and started talking to him through the comlink. Then Kitt was able to home in on him.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:53 pm

Nobody ever said that Knight Rider had fluid continuity.

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:57 pm

Its got more continuity than its given credit for. Even by today's standard's.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:59 pm

Hmmmm... I agree that the commlink eventually could do everything the necklace could, but the necklace was more like a one-button macro. Using the commlink, Michael could certainly power up KITT, call for help, and have KITT track down his signal and rush to his aid. But if Michael was drugged or falling unconscious, the necklace would be easier to use.

Essentially, all April did was invent the "I've fallen, and I can't get up" necklace.

http://seniorsafety.com/

Mike

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:00 pm

You just want to argue, I am not going to play. The series lack of continuity has been showcased many times elsewhere. So, you can rest now, I am not going to get into it with you. If you want to be right, then so be it.

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:08 pm

March2875 wrote:Its got more continuity than its given credit for. Even by today's standard's.
That's a bit of a stretch. For one thing, it's tough to compare an early 80s show to a show today. Most current action/drama shows are serialized to at least some extent; the episodes build on eachother throughout the season. Within any given season of Knight Rider, it pretty much doesn't matter what order the episodes are in so continuity from a story standpoint was much easier back then.

And even given that, they played pretty wild and free with their own rules. KITT caused an awful lot of pain for a computer that was supposed to protect human life!

Mike

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:09 pm

Never said it didn't have some. All shows do. Ive seen some ive been able to explain and shoot down. All I said was I think it was pretty darn good in ways too. Other shows for instance Home Improvement with Tim Allen. His brothers names changed, the amount of brothers He had changed. Even Jill's sister's names changed. Melrose Place Jane Mancini had no siblings in the first season by the end of the show her sister Sydney pops up. On the Dukes of Hazzard there is two different stories on how the Dukes got General Lee. When you go to the reunion movies it was written that Enos never left LAPD but when Coy and Vance came in, in the place of Bo and Luke Enos returned to Hazzard. Oh and on Chips John left the show but by the Chips Reunion it had turned into Ponch leaving not John.

I think this is one time you just don't want to admit being outwitted.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:14 pm

I think you are acting like a kid, and you just outwitted yourself. You said that it had a lot more, and then turned around and said "Never said it didn't have some. All shows do. Ive seen some ive been able to explain and shoot down." yeah, well, we are saying (and yeah, I am going to thank Mike for this one) that it didn't have a whole lot, that a huge majority of it can be condemned.

So, do you even know what you are arguing for?

And Michael had been knocked cold. KITT was trying to keep him talking. Sort of like you do with people with concussions. Not to mention within that same realm of slightly skewed continuity, Michael was underground in a way, and as it had been proven before, KITT had a problem with things that were underground.

We don't need petty little comments like: I think this is one time you just don't want to admit being outwitted. We are supposed to be older than that, ya know? And it sort of proves that you are arguing for arguing sake. If you want to be right, then you have every right to be right for yourself.

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:15 pm

Mike who's side you on? LOL. I thought you were with me on the Necklace thing. I offer evidence that proves it and you all of a sudden turn on me.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:19 pm

I'm on the side of truth. And I believe the "truth" is that yes, there is a difference between the necklace and the commlink. They performed slightly different functions. So I agree with you there. But you can't extend that to mean that I believe Knight Rider had great continuity. Those are two completely different issues.

Mike

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:20 pm

No im disagreeeing because I feel im right. How does admitting KR had some continuity cancel out that it was better than given credit for.

We definitely disagree here. maybe we should cancel the discussion because its evolving to an argument between us when I never intended it to go this way.

Friends still?

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:25 pm

Again ive never used the term it had Great continuity. I admit it had some errors. I just feel there is less than some people think.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:25 pm

I feel zero hostility to you. Nada. Zippo. I started a new "continuity" thread, so we can debate there. As far as things on my end are concerned, I viewed it as just that: a DEBATE, not an argument.

Mike

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:26 pm

You are arguing with yourself, yeah, KR had SOME continuity, but not by any means did it have more than it was given credit for, and it was drastically less than any show by today's standards, as Mike pointed out.

I am more than willing to let it go before it turns into an all out battle. You think you are right, and I am more than willing to let it stay at that.

KI

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:59 am

knightimmortal wrote:If we are lucky, it was taken and wrapped around a voodoo doll resembling april, then melted down....

Ok, that was nice and evil. :twisted:

KI
Or we could do that to you instead...<evil laughter>

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:17 pm

Excuse you? It is one thing to make a joke about a fictional character, quite another to make a threat to a real member of the board. I think you had better apologize for that highly uncalled for, extremely unfunny supposed 'joke'.

KI