I hope NBC doesn't cancel this

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

welshKITT
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I hope NBC doesn't cancel this

Post by welshKITT » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:17 am

I have been a Knight Rider fan for years, I live in the UK and I can't wait for the new show to start here. Even though I love the original I won't be comparing the new one to it cause that is not right to me, in my opinion if you compare a sequal, remake or spin-off to an original TV show or movie or video game that will mean that you want it to fail.
It will be a shame if NBC cancels the new show before they even see how it does in other countries first, yes it has been shown already in some countries but it is still yet to air in others. NBC has been around long enough to know that a huge percentage of a TV shows incomes comes from overseas. I mean NBC has done it with other shows like 'Friends' for example, if 'Friends' wasn't popular around the world then I doubt that it would have lasted as long as it did. Things these days are different since the real threat against scripted TV shows are reality shows (though I think reality shows are boring and over rated) but I beleive that these so called ratings are made up to begin with.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Re: I hope NBC doesn't cancel this

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:22 pm

If you want to save the series, go this page http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... /campaign/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and follow the instructions there! Every bit of help is appreciated.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:12 pm

I just went to NBC.com not even a minute ago this afternoon, and KNIGHT RIDER is featured on the main page advertising it's SEASON FINALE!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:26 pm

I saw something on their front page and it says:
March 7, 2009 // 2:42 PM
Knight Rider
Watch Knight Rider Online

Miss the Season Finale? Catch up with the finale, plus the entire season of Mike and KITT's adventures online now
It was advertising to let people watch KR online, and it said Season Finale.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:31 pm

I saw that too and here it is.

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:34 pm

It's nice to see that NBC hasn't completely turned its back on KR, at least not yet. If the show was canceled I would have thought that NBC would have referred to it as the "Series Finale" or "Finale" by now. Fingers crossed for a second season that is like the second half of the first season!