have an idea for a fan fic

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT's admirer
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

have an idea for a fan fic

Post by KITT's admirer » Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:48 pm

im not much into writhing fan fic, but i had an idea if someone wanted to try it out. i got this idea when reading about what KITT would look like as a human. what if some how micheal and KITT switched bodies? i think that would be neat to see how they both would react in that situation. so if anyone likes the idea, go for it!! and tell me if u do so i could read it

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:22 pm

I know you said you're not one much for writing fanfic, but *you* write it. Find yourself a good beta reader who'll help you with developing ideas as well as double-checking your grammar and story structure.

Rusti
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

KITT's admirer
Volunteer

Post by KITT's admirer » Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:40 pm

id like to but i just dont have the time. it would take me months to do i think. and not to sound rude but i have lots of other things that are more important to me then writing. if i did ever find the time though i think i would write something its just so hard with my busy schedule

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:16 pm

I really don't go with the "I don't have time" as a valid excuse. A lot of us fanfic writers have working lives offline, and as a result, some fics move quite slowly, but they get written and posted and enjoyed.

I myself have a job that keeps me away from home 12 hours a day, and yet I still manage to get fanfic written and posted. With good help (and I don't have any, not even a beta reader) you'll be able to get your story written and posted. The rest of us are here to encourage you.

Rusti
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:26 pm

Not to mention, many writers can get overly creative with your fic, and you may not like what they turn out. A few of us have had a little bit of a bad experience with this before, where we take a story and run with it, and the original creator hated it. The only way you will be truly happy with it is if you, yourself write it.

And I am with Rusti, I run Knight Radio, am a moderator for this board, (which can be a full time job sometimes), run the Knight Foundation Fan Fiction Center and the Edwards, and the Knight Rider Collective, and mentor kids in Science and Science Fair activities, while teaching, and am in college, and I still write when I get a chance and have time. I am an example, most of the other writers are not full time writers, and they have schedules as busy as mine, if not busier. Not having enough time, is not an excuse that flies very well.

Write it, when and where you can, even if it is a few sentences here and there.

Knightimmortal

KITT2
Volunteer

Post by KITT2 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:00 am

okay, i have seen 2 fan fictions, both are movies 90minutes long, about knight rider,the first being pretty much a remake but with a twist, and the second a more apocalyptic version being a sequal to the first, both with a lot of action. the characters were michael,kitt a younger version of devon,(looked a little like vin diesal), and a tougher bonnie.anyone interested in knowing more let me know

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:31 am

I'd be interested in knowing what you are talking about. Are these ideas that you are working on? I can tell you right now, that a fan fiction is not necessarily plotted out in movie form, that can come later if you choose, but you first need to get the story fleshed out in standard story form.

We are always very interested in new fic ideas, just be warned, you might be pressed to write them out. :)

KI

KITT2
Volunteer

Post by KITT2 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:56 am

no, they are already fleshed out in movie form, i saw them, they were done by some college film students,they are a little campy sometimes, but the action is really good.and i don't mind writing about them..since i was an extra in the 2 movies.

KITT2
Volunteer

Post by KITT2 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:11 pm

okay here it goes..the first film takes place sometime in the near future,not really in continuity with the show. it starts off michael is on a mission with kitt,michael is dressed all in black, with a trenchcoat ,sort of like blade or the matrix.he has guns strapped to him and his sunglasses have a infrared mode.kitt also has a stealth mode, where he disappears to camoflauge from the bad guys.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:51 pm

I hate to say this, but those are not fan fiction, just collegic endeavors. Just a bit different from what fan fiction is. And it does go so far away that it even makes our fic look canonic.

KI

KITT2
Volunteer

Post by KITT2 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:48 pm

well i guess, but i am a big knight rider fan, and it was good to see an actual knight rider movie(two of them),since they haven't made a real one in over a decade,and i just wanted to share it with some knight rider fans,but i guess i was wrong.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:25 pm

Sorry, but those are not real Knight Rider movies, either. Those are renditions of such. Sorry to be like this, and I am sorry that you can not take the news better, but those are in no way, shape or form official Knight Rider representations.

As for the real official representations, they did have one back in 1997 called Team Knight Rider.

KI