Which TV movie you prefer? *Possible Spoilers*

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knightchampion24
Stranger

Which TV movie you prefer? *Possible Spoilers*

Post by Knightchampion24 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:27 pm

To those who saw both TV movies, Knight Rider 2000, and the Knight Rider 2008 pilot movie. Which one you prefer?

I thought KR 2000 was horrible for alot of reasons.

1. The new characters, like Shawn and Maddock, were really horrible. I thought Shawn acted like a complete jack *** once they inserted one of KITT's chips in her mind. Maddock, I feel like killing him for what he did to KITT.

2. Horrible plot, honestly I didn't understand much of the movie. Yeah I know Devon and Maddock were trying to expand in Seattle, only to be denied, so they bring in Michael who is in retirement, to help him out. Honestly what the reason for Shawn being in the movie anyway? I know KR 2000 was supposed to be a pilot for a new tv series that never went on, and with Shawn replacing Michael and all to be KITT's or KIFT's new driver.

3. Terrbile Villain, I swear the enemies from KR08 do a good job then this guy.

4. Most importantly they killed off Devon! WTH? He was Knight Rider's most beloved characters, and they have a terrible villain kill by poisoning him!

This may seem to go off as a rant to express my hatred for KR 2000, but I thought KR 2008 was better compared to this movie.

So which movie you prefer and why? Please give good reasons to support your answer.
Plz no flames.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Which TV movie you prefer? *Possible Spoilers*

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:20 am

I believe for me, the reason I never really found KR 2000 the greatest is because it was like a constant death movie.

They killed Shawn.
They killed (dismantled) KITT
Then after Micheal repairs KITT, they drown and kill him again.
Then to top it all off, they kill Devon.

If it hadn't had constant death scenes, it would have been a pretty good movie for me.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:14 pm

I found it rather depressing.. Back when I was little and I watched it when it premiered is was a mixture of being depressed from the story to the music, just depressing and I was pissed off with what they did in that story, specifically the way KITT and Devon were handled. Not to mention bored with the car that's "big stunt" was acting as a poorly constructed boat, something KITT did in the original series and looked more exciting doing it. Yeah, Shawn and Murdoch were completely unlikable and douchey..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Romulus9
Rookie

Post by Romulus9 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:48 pm

Even though is was 1991, like it was yesterday I can remember watching TV, seeing the commercial for Knight Rider 2000, and losing my mind with excitement.

That soon faded after I watched it. There was one moment that absolutely killed it all for me.

They're in the '57 Chevy, Michael tells KITT not to do what Shawn asked, and KITT says he has to honor HER wishes over MICHAEL's, and "maybe for a long time to come".

*insert much profanity*

No! KITT is programmed for Michael. That's it. Not the idiot blonde chick that makes William Shatner seem like an Academy Award winner. No!

That was it for me.

KR08 was great. I enjoyed it from start to finish, it ignored the whole "2000" idea, and it was respectful to the original series. (See my original "review" of the movie on the proper forum, if you'd like)

KR08 wins in an Reagan vs. Mondale-esque landslide.

:dash: