Saugus Representitive not thrilled with my post.

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Saugus Representitive not thrilled with my post.

Post by Showpro1 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:41 pm

Let it be known that Saugus has allowed us to have a spot outside their racetrack location of their annual event
known as the Oldies & Goodies Car Show.
Their show (The Oldies & Goodies Car Show) is the 13th Annual show which has raised funds for Special Olympics
and understandably they guard the integrity of what has been an outstanding show.
For the past two years they have allowed us to ride their coattails so to speak & the fact that we have been allowed a spot outside their show dos Not!! constitute their sponsorship of our All Knight Rider Car Show in anyway ,however Meguires has been a legitimate sponsor of our show.
I should have made it abuntantly clear that we are in fact an add on show to the Annual Oldies & Goodies Car Show.
The reason I am posting this is to make everyone who wanted to be at what was to be a fantastic year for Make A Wish & Knight Rider fans may not be if the General Manager of Saugus revokes our abilitity to have our show.
When I didnt mention the above points as I should have it wasnt smart because it made it seem as though our show is a stand alone show at Saugus.
Those who are familiar with our other two shows know this but I should have been forthcoming with this information.
All fault if we have to cancel the show this year rests with me & me alone.

Dave Doggett.

Rookie

Re: Saugus Representitive not thrilled with my post.

Post by 1982 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:45 am

Was wondering about that "Sponsored by" on the poster, yet nothing being mentioned on the Saugus Speedway site.

Found it odd having 2 different charity events compete against each other the same day, and the conflicts doing so could raise. I am sure Budweiser, Pepsi, and Special Olympics, didn't like the idea too much.

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:30 am

Letting us have our charity at their venue is very much like being a sponsor, however in the most strict sense
they were & are not (semantics) pure & simple.

As to the second point you tried to make there was no competition its their venue & their charity (special Olympics)
and ours (Make A Wish) on top of which they have 500 cars, trucks,motorcycles & we have ten on a good year however how many replicas do you think there are??

There was no harm intended to Saugus or their charity & their show is the big draw & what ever traffic we bring in they have to pay Saugus to get through the gate, also any small amount we bring in we are all paying through the nose to raise funds for our charity.
Our small event doesnt detract from them one bit, as a matter of fact their Special Olympians will be heart broken if we dont show up because as Dan, Gus , & all the other attendees can tell you those Special Olympics kids
were wanting to have their pictures taken in KITT all evening and we did just that for them.
Saugus will in fact harm people who had no part in my mistake.
And yes I blew it but there was no harm intended, believe me.
I will say one more thing and that is both years Dan & I have done this show for the charity, while the last two years
we have lost personally a big hunk of change.
It was never about our personal gain!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:43 am

Dave,

You really need to call me to discuss this situation.

=VK=
:dash:

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:16 pm

The General Manager at Saugus has graciously allowed our spot outside the main show which
is the established (Oldies & Goodies Car, Truck, and Motorcycles Show).
With 500 cars there is truly something to amaze everyone & I know no one who will want to miss Saugus Speedways Car Show.
I need everyone who wants to display their KITT replica to pre-register by no later than August 15th which is the deadline or you wont be able to be parked with the rest of the KITT replicas.
I cannot highlight the importance of pre-registering enough ,the information can be found once again at:
http://www.saugusspeedway.com/carshow/
I have some degree of inside information that tells me you wont want to miss this show, & that is all I can
say about that guys.

Dave Doggett.