Does Val Kilmer as K.I.T.T. Does he sound like a computer?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight56
Rookie

Does Val Kilmer as K.I.T.T. Does he sound like a computer?

Post by knight56 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:34 am

Does Val Kilmer as K.I.T.T. Does he sound like a computer? What do you think? by the way i like how the transformers sound more like a computer. check out these voices http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MCOLcgJ6Qk

kwsta20
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Does Val Kilmer as K.I.T.T. Does he sound like a computer?

Post by kwsta20 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:27 am

so here's my idea... lets destroy kitt in the first episode and bring him back with a new voice, wich of course will be voiced by william daniels! val kilmer is ok and all, but c'mon people lets get with the program!!

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:41 am

kwsta20 wrote:so here's my idea... lets destroy kitt in the first episode and bring him back with a new voice, wich of course will be voiced by william daniels! val kilmer is ok and all, but c'mon people lets get with the program!!
Are you serious? LOL... The whole point of having a brand new car, is a new series, and therefore a new voice. William Daniels will always be the KI2K's voice that we all know and love very well, but now it is time to let the next generation step in and do thier thing. The KI3K's voice as Val Kilmer works well, and as GST has said, will evolve as the series progresses from episode to episode. He (the AI) will learn, and adapt to the role, as did the original, to become less robotic/cold, to more personal, and warm/witty as the relationship with Mike progresses.
Give it a chance before you come out with the outlandish ideas...LOL :roll:

:kitt: :karr:

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:10 am

kwsta20 wrote:so here's my idea... lets destroy kitt in the first episode and bring him back with a new voice, wich of course will be voiced by william daniels! val kilmer is ok and all, but c'mon people lets get with the program!!
:roll:

'Getting with the program' is giving the new show a chance!

Why can't people accept this new KI3T as it is?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:00 am

And here we go again...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:07 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:And here we go again...
:::::::::::Puts head in hands and sighs::::::::::: :roll:

:kitt: :karr:

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:11 am

KI2T and KI3T are not the same, GST confirmed this, they are seperate AI Personalities and therefore should have different voices and i for one and very happy with the Val Kilmer KI3T

William Daniels KI2T is still around somewhere so using his voice is pointless unless bought back with KI2T for a few episodes.

I would love it for William Daniels to reprise his role for Glen Larsons movie but since that will be a complete reboot i doubt it will happen but i can aways hope. Considering that version is supposed to be The one and only KITT i will be disappointed if it isn't his voice but at the same understand that perhaps it is time to pass the torch onto somebody else. However that voice better be awesome, as it stands i have no idea whatsoever as to who could fill William Daniels shoes.

Just had a thought that as KI3T will be evolving i would love to see an episode or a few episodes where Mike takes it upon him self to teach KI3T slang or less robotic english. Perhaps even coach him to add more emphasis to certain sounds and words. I could see this as a nice way to add light comedy while at the same time strengthening the bond between Mike and KI3T
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:25 am

Towards the end of the pilot, while in the plane, KITT's voice got alot better. Remember, Kilmer was in fact a last minute voice over. :good:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:26 am

I've also been rewatching the Pilot on the subway the last few days, and I hate to say it but Kilmers voice is growning on me (and I'm not a Kilmer fan in general from his acting work)!

The producers also hinted that cause Kilmer is such a 'talent' that his voice will change week to week, becoming more human as the AI grows. This also feels similar to how KI2T grew as the years progressed.

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:21 am

neps wrote:I've also been rewatching the Pilot on the subway the last few days, and I hate to say it but Kilmers voice is growning on me (and I'm not a Kilmer fan in general from his acting work)!

The producers also hinted that cause Kilmer is such a 'talent' that his voice will change week to week, becoming more human as the AI grows. This also feels similar to how KI2T grew as the years progressed.
WOW! You guys have a pretty cool subway! :wink:

All we get to look at in the tube in London is the back of someone's sweaty head. Very pleasant. :lol:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:55 am

He's probably watching it on a portable media player or his laptop so he doesn't have to stare at the sweat heads. ;)

Val is ok but I do kind of wish they'd do some work on his voice in post production to give it a little different tone, also I hope the audio is improved from the pilot to where it sounds like it's coming from the car and not just a voice over. Almost like a narrator as someone here put it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:53 pm

neps wrote:The producers also hinted that cause Kilmer is such a 'talent' that his voice will change week to week, becoming more human as the AI grows. This also feels similar to how KI2T grew as the years progressed.
I agree totally, KITT's voice changed a lot throughout the first season. If the series is successful it will just be a matter of time before we all defend Kilmer as KI3T just as we like to do with Mr. Daniels' KITT. To be quite honest I don't want to see KI3T voiced by Daniels because that eliminates the possibility of having him cameo as the Knight 2000.