The dash on the new KR 3000?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightstand
Recruit

The dash on the new KR 3000?

Post by knightstand » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:16 pm

Someone please tell me that the analog guages are going away....at least in the series. Otherwise the KITT of old was more advanced.

Also, I like what I've seen in the clips of of the new series with the actors. I hope that the new KITT will still haev a strong relationship with Michael. I remember one clip of someone saying that the car was "more confident" this time around. I just hope that doesn't mean that the banter btw KITT and Michael doesn't stop. I liked the ep where KITT keeps michael alive by keeping him awake. I want to see that sort of bond btw driver and car.

ckeller22
Operative

Re: The dash on the new KR 3000?

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:33 pm

Read the 2nd part of the Bartis interview and it will tell you that it is not a stock dash that they have done something different to modernize the dash.

knightstand
Recruit

Post by knightstand » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:49 pm

ckeller22 wrote:Read the 2nd part of the Bartis interview and it will tell you that it is not a stock dash that they have done something different to modernize the dash.

Sorry. Missed the second part. I just hate the look of the "numbers". I do like the graphics for KITTS functions. I think this series may work. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Stargazer
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Stargazer » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:56 pm

knightstand wrote:
ckeller22 wrote:Read the 2nd part of the Bartis interview and it will tell you that it is not a stock dash that they have done something different to modernize the dash.

Sorry. Missed the second part. I just hate the look of the "numbers". I do like the graphics for KITTS functions. I think this series may work. I'm cautiously optimistic.
As Neil reminded me, we just have to wait to see how things look when we see the movie.

My thoughts are: They want to give us enough to capture attention without spoiling everything and they want to show off a few surprises.

I don't even think the actors are seeing everything - Yet.

I'm also eager to see more behind the scenes to see how they did things after the movie airs

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:38 pm

KITT's new "dash"... :wink:

<_< >_>
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:46 am

Actually, what he's describing sounds very similar to the cockpit of the F-22 Raptor, which is basically three color LCD screens and a HUD. And since the F-22 is the most advanced aircraft ever built, and given the original KITT's jet heritage, this makes perfect sense as a logical evolution.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:07 am

You're probably right but the iPhone as he said was "a big inspiration" for the way the interior would look, no mention of the F-22 Raptor. :P

I do agree that it is a logical step up.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightstand
Recruit

Post by knightstand » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:41 am

Mango19 wrote:Actually, what he's describing sounds very similar to the cockpit of the F-22 Raptor, which is basically three color LCD screens and a HUD. And since the F-22 is the most advanced aircraft ever built, and given the original KITT's jet heritage, this makes perfect sense as a logical evolution.
I'll be happy if they have this nod to KITTS heritage.