Movie Vs Series copyright take all

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Movie Vs Series copyright take all

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:46 pm

Can someone clearly explain why Universal can't produce a series on tv before Glen finishes his movie?

Also can it really be tied up in court? won't both have different storylines anyway?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:36 am

You need to go back in the other threads and find out where I already explained this issue. It is not about the story content, it is about contractual obligations that were not followed.

=VK=

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:19 am

Which "other threads" are you refering to in specific.There are alot of them on this board concerning the movie and tv series.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:34 am

Well read each one would help to give you the best overhaul picture... if you don't want to, then read whats been posted on the below link

http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... hp?t=10254

Nick

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:09 pm

Knight Racer this is all you need to know at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The possible injunction against Universal involves ignoring Glen's right to provide services as executive producer on any Knight Rider projects.

Even if he does not support the project, Universal must give him the opportunity or he can opt for a payout. Universal did neither and have been informed of this oversite with a cease and decist order.

They have done nothing to correct the issue, this will most likely cause an injunction against them unless Glen and NBCU come to some sort of compromise.

It is not fair to blame Glen for excercising his rights, especially since Universal has done things which are of questionable moral value to exclude Glen from certain projects. His contracts may be older but he's a very smart businessman and his clauses are ironclad.

=VK=

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:27 am

Question: Why didn't these legality issues come up when Knight Rider 2000 was in the works or Team Knight Rider?

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:49 pm

They probable did. But you must relize the internate was not the way it is today. Did we even have the internate back in 1990-5? Now everything is practically in our faces.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:17 pm

what's that have to do with Larsen taking legal action against Universal?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:36 pm

Because thanks to the internate information is readily available.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:56 am

Because Knight Racer, Universal did approach Glen before they went into production and asked him if he wanted an executive producer credit on TKR and Knight Rider 2000.

For whatever reason, Glen chose to retain an executive producer credit on TKR in name only, he rejected Knight Rider 2000 and took a payout and specifically asked not to be associated with it.

NBCU has not given him the option to do either with this new tv series, that is a breach of his contractual rights.

=VK=

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:14 am

Ah,so no credit and no payout thats what this whole things been about.Thats understandable.Finally a simple answer to the thread question.

I do want Glen to be happy and get what he deserves.He did create a great knight rider series after all,but I just wish we would get somethingnew until his great remake of the pilot is in theaters.So I hope he gets his payout or executive credit for the series.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:38 pm

I really don't want to beat my sources on this issue; it's pretty far removed from them, as they are in production. As far as I know, nothing has come down from the brass regarding this injunction to modify the production in any way. My understanding is that is was always a foregone conclusion that Mr.Larsen would get executive producer and creator credit, due to his stature regarding the Knight Rider franchise.