Doug Liman, new Knight Rider tv-movie producer

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Doug Liman, new Knight Rider tv-movie producer

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Doug Liman will be producing the new Knight Rider TV Movie for NBC. As we've heard, he also was involved with the 3 Bourne movies, Mr & Mrs. Smith, Go, Swingers... a pretty successful track record.

A friend of mine showed me a trailer for a new movie "Jumper". I knew nothing about it at all, but afterwards I said, "hey, this looks like it could be really good." Turns out, Doug Liman is the director.

So I for one am still holding out hope for the series.

http://www.jumperthemovie.com/

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:38 pm

I'd like to see both but as Vic pointed out- Glenn L hasd got the say on all of it & hopefully the cast/cars will be true to the KR legacy which we all love...
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:34 pm

I have faith in this guy. I don't have faith in NBC Universal's creative influence being imposed on Doug Liman, though. I loved Go and Swingers is excellent, as the rest of his films. Most of his movies have a good balance of action and comedy and don't over do it on both fronts, which is something that I think is critical for a Knight Rider project.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: