RIP James Callahan

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

RIP James Callahan

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:40 am

JAMES CALLAHAN
Died Aug. 3, 2007

Character actor James Callahan died of esophageal cancer at age 76. Mr. Callahan appeared in over 120 films and TV shows during his career. Mr. Callahan was best known for his role as Scott Baio's grandfather in the TV series "Charles in Charge." Mr. Callahan was a regular on the TV series "The Governor and JJ," "Wendy and Me" and "The Runaways." He also had a recurring role on the series "Dr. Kildare." Mr. Callahan's film roles include principle parts in "Lady Sings the Blues," "Outlaw Blues" and "Tropic of Cancer." His TV movie roles include Disney's "The Mystery of Dracula's Castle" and "The Missiles of October." Mr. Callahan made guest appearances on numerous TV series including "Police Story," "Perry Mason," "Route 66," "Have Gun-Will Travel," "My Favorite Martian," "The Time Tunnel," "The Fugitive," "The Untouchables," "M*A*S*H," "Cybill," "The Practice" and "ER."

He appeared in two episodes of "Knight Rider" -- "Good Day at White Rock" (as Sheriff Bruckner) and "Circus Knights" (as Jeff Barnes). Joe was lucky enough to interview him for "The Knight Rider Legacy". Thoughts to Mr. Callahan's family and friends.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:14 pm

This is sad news, another great actor passes away. This is actually the first person who was interviewed for the book who died which makes it even more sad...

Joe

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:53 am

I think I liked Mr. Callahan's role of a sheriff who finally saw the light better than the role he'd played in the episode "Circus Knights".
Hi, Joe, I'm glad you had interviewed him for your "Knight Rider Legacy" book, which I hadn't read yet, but eventually I will.
Rest in peace, Jame Callahan.