Kitts speed

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Rockatteer » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:12 pm

OK guys this is geting way out of hand.

The show is TV make believe. The car jumped 50 feet in the air and landed without damage for godness sakes....

MAKE BELEIVE FANTASY

Why are people arguing such facts as G force etc...the show was made for entertainment not based on all reality facts.

I thought we where here to talk about things within the context of the Knight Rider world...not to take everything and pull it appart and argue why it can't work in reality....its not reality.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:42 pm

"With passive laser restraint, I doubt that 8 G's would pose much problem at all."

That's a quote from my last post, Asp, so passive laser restraint has been mentioned already in this thread, but I'm glad someone else is thinking along the same lines. Now on to Garthe. You may see me squabble over trivial things with others here, and even a mod upon occasion, but buddy, you're gonna get yourself in real deep, real fast acting like this. Knock off the superiority act. Simply because you state something does not make it a fact. We honestly don't care about disproving you, we only care when someone attacks one of the main aspects of the show we all love - KITT's abilities. Even if the debated speeds and g forces were impossible in reality(which they aren't,) you're going about this in exactly the wrong way. Please refrain from insulting any members here with or without just cause, and never, ever, under any circumstances call Laura knightimmoral , got it?
Glad we could clear up this little misunderstanding. I look forward to responding to a more civilized version of the same person soon.

Darknight

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:03 pm

Rockatteer wrote:OK guys this is geting way out of hand.

The show is TV make believe. The car jumped 50 feet in the air and landed without damage for godness sakes....

MAKE BELEIVE FANTASY

Why are people arguing such facts as G force etc...the show was made for entertainment not based on all reality facts.

I thought we where here to talk about things within the context of the Knight Rider world...not to take everything and pull it appart and argue why it can't work in reality....its not reality.
Ok, I guess you haven't seen how we do things around here, we explore all kinds of things around here, so you sort of picked the wrong thing to have a spell about. We do such things, there are only so many things you can talk about in the KR world before you go over the same things, so yes, we do explore realistic sides.

The one thing we don't explore is attitudes like Garth4Ever's, so this is one that I will ask you since now to just let it go, and let the board handle it. Sorry that the discussion went away from what you wanted it to be, but that is how things normally happen anyway.

KI

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:40 pm

Garth4ever wrote:...having played my promotional copy of Knioght rider the game...and in that KITT Goes at 120mph, expect for when...
How curious. In my incomplete game, KR: The Lone Knight, I ran into a similar problem. I can get KITT to go over the 100 MPH mark. (According to the LED readouts.) But, somewhere beyond that is where the whole game will just lock up and give an error. (It was one of the bugs I was trying to work out about eight months or so ago.)

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:58 pm

Army_F_Body wrote:Take Star Trek for example. All die hard next gen fans such as myself know that warp 10 is the universal speed limit, only the Borg have found ways around that.
I thought in the final episode with the three Ni-Cell'ed Enterprise, they were doing over Warp 10. (Seems like Warp 12, or something.)

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:56 am

Can't explain that one Jup! ADMRL Riker does order the 'future Enterprise' to warp 13. Gene stated that warp velocity was calculated by a different scale for the original series than the nex gen, alowing for the warp 13 errors for TOS episodes. 'All good things' was in an alternate future, so maybe they used the original series scale in that future. Sorry I digress... :D
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Denvor
Volunteer

Post by Denvor » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:47 am

Wow, this thread got kinda heated since i last posted, :x & seems 2 have waned from the point, but thats the point of good threads somtimes, but far be it from me 2 enforce my opinons but like i already said it was all down 2 poor continuity, as 4 u all "disscussing" this topic with such passion is ok but lay off attacking each other we are all fans and can be freinds too :D I think Garth4ever made some intersing point about the poor continuity but i havn't read any attacks he maked on others and he made some greeat points about Bonnie (mmm) :wink: :wink: .so lets all cool it down ( unless we r talking about Bonnie!!) Threads always have different opinions and thoughts thats why there r fun to chat and hear others views i dont think u should attack Gath4ever for his views oor rule the threaten him with such action as Banning him as it makes it seem as we cant talk openly about our love 4 KR. :!: we should all get on even if we cant agree, so lets get back 2 the subject we are talking about and try not to digress as i want to talk about K1TT and his abilitys

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:23 pm

Denvor, I am going to tell you this sort of nicely:

You don't see it as an attack, but you are new here, and a large part of the community saw it as an attack.

I, am a moderator. I am here to assure that things do not get out of hand, and that fights do not get started. I will ask, that if you have further problems with the moderation skills on this board, that you email them, and do not try to self-moderate something that you have just recently began posting in. I do not want to hurt your feelings, but there are some established practices on this board, and the out and out attacks that were demonstrated warranted action.

Sorry if you don't like it that way. There is passionate, and then there is out and out insulting. We know the difference.

And since this one has basically become a free for all, I do think it is time to say goodbye to this thread.

KI