Some series 4 questions

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Wizster
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Some series 4 questions

Post by Wizster » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:46 pm

I haven't watched series 4 for years and I can't remember much about convertible mode. Doesn't that make them very vulnerable?
(or did they have some other hi-tech protection)?

Plus, this was first used in the episode when kitt didnt have his MBS (Knight of the Juggernaut) i think. Was it added back by the end of the episode or did it just reappear on the next one?

Thanks

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:37 pm

You can see KITT in Convertibile mode only for few minutes in the entire 4th season and ALWAYS when Michael & KITT are not in mission. Of course KITT and, above all, Michael should have been more vulnerable.

The new convertible mode was added at the end of the 4th season pilot.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:42 pm

Thanks, I thought I couldn't really remember it being used. Still a worry though as Michael Knight has his enemies and they could strike at any time...
I've never really been a fan of convertible KITT.

So that just leaves the MBS issue, anyone?

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:06 pm

I think KITT's molecular bondage shell would be back in place on the car after they had all gotten back to L.A. from Chicago, soon upon arrival, and that would be restored, and as good as new.
That's only a theory, though....
As for the convertible mode, I liked it because I felt that KITT looked sleeker than usual with that function----when they weren't on missions, that is!

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:54 am

Something is bothering me about the C-Mode. We all know whan Michael wants to call Devon, he says: Patch me Devon though, buddy, or something like this and pushes buttons on the overhead console. Maybe he's dialling or what. But you don't have an overhead console in C-Mode and Michael can reach Devon without pushing any buttons, just telling Kitt to estabilish communication. What's with those overhead buttons? Does Michael really need them?

knightad
Volunteer

Communicating when in C Mode

Post by knightad » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:31 am

I have a vague memory of an episode in series four, where Michael presses some buttons which seem to be mounted on the top of the windscreen frame, to contact Devon. Does anyone else remember this episode?