My Attack Beast model.

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CB2001
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My Attack Beast model.

Post by CB2001 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:18 pm

Hey guys. I've got some pictures of my "Attack Beast" model up in this folder. I also have pictures of "Cobra", a car that will be appearing in several short stories I've got planned out.

NOTE: I haven't come up with bumper stickers for them yet. I am currently working on the back guard railing in the bed of the truck (which may or maynot include spotlights as they do on the show). I also have plans on making a Domino model (I found a 1998 Saleen Mustang convertable model that looks promising) and a Dante model (IF I can find a 1997/1998 Ford Expidition model at a store. I don't trust buying things online yet).

Here's the address to the photo album online at Yahoo!Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/code_breaker2001/lst?.dir=/Models

Let me know what you think of Beast (and if you want to, Cobra). [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

My Attack Beast model.

Post by Dave Knight » Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:17 pm

your in luck Revell/Monogram just reissued the snap kit version of the 97-2001 expediton kit. Even though its a snap kit the expedition body, and interior will mount on a Revell/Monogram or AMT Ertl Ford F150 kit. Or you can use the snap kits chasis as well, its really well done, you may have to use the kit supplied wheels and tires though since they use metal axels.

rusti_knight
Operative

My Attack Beast model.

Post by rusti_knight » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:25 pm

Erm...I hate to be a nitpick, but Beast was a flareside...

Rusti

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

My Attack Beast model.

Post by CB2001 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:10 pm

Dave- Thanks for the heads up. I know that there are a few of the original issues up on eBay, but like I said I'm not brave enough to buy online yet. I'll have to check the stores whenever I can. I've already got the silver gloss paint.

rusti- I had to use what I could find. What I found (out of pure luck) was a 1997 Ford F-150 extended cab model, which was at a car show + automotive swap meat. All it needed was a little bit of black paint, and a little work. I had no choice but to go with what was available in the kit. The term for me is "go with what you have available" (Of course, the upside to it was that I also bought a 1:24 scale Dodge Challenger convertable model that, both models together costing $6, $3 each). Besides, I'm not going for 100% accuracy, I'm just trying to make it as close as possible (I'm sure if you had a 1982-1985 Pontiac Trans-Am model that you had plans to make it into a model of KITT and you didn't have a front bumper piece that looked like KITT's, you'd try your best to make it as close to it as possible and with what's available).

Also, since I have plans on using a Saleen Mustang model for Domino, the front of the car won't be as accurate to that of the show because I don't have a "front bumper" to replace the one that is on there (which would require me to cut the bumper from the body).

[ August 30, 2002: Message edited by: Code Breaker ]

rusti_knight
Operative

My Attack Beast model.

Post by rusti_knight » Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:08 pm

*lazy grin* I got kicked off the computer before I could edit my post and add that it was a nice idea. I don't make models. I draw/paint, so all I need is a reference picture. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Besides, I'm the Certified Beast Nut, I'm going to be hard to impress with anything less than the original. You'll be sure to let us see the finished product.

Rusti

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

My Attack Beast model.

Post by CB2001 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:28 am

Rusti- It's no problem. I'm going to try my best to make the model's appearance look as close as the one on the show. I'm not much of a modeler myself, but I'm not afraid of at least trying. If I can get the model into a representation of Beast (to the best of my ability of course), I'll be satisfied. I'm not really sure about how others would feel about it, but at least it would probably inspired a few others to go out, find models and come up with their own representations of the cars from the show.

I will be sure to put up pictures of the finished model. I'll also try o keep updates on it as well. I checked some pictures at Michael Pajaro's TKR website and noticed that the back "roll bar" isn't really the kind that I thought it would be. However, I'm planning on using some popsickle sticks that I bought from a craft store a while ago to make that back portion for the spotlights (that would still leave me trying to find a way to create spotlights for the that piece).

Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted on it.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

My Attack Beast model.

Post by CB2001 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:50 pm

Oh, I almost forgot. I made a small hiccup on my scaling information. Both models are 1/25 scale.

Cobra is 1/25 with 1/24 scale 1970 Dodge Challenger model tires.

I figured I'd correct that small bit of information.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

My Attack Beast model.

Post by CB2001 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:41 pm

Here's a picture of the model that I plan on using as Domino. Let me know what you guys think of this model (should it be used for Domino or not, why/why not if possible)

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

My Attack Beast model.

Post by sarfraz » Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:06 am

Apart from the slightly large rear spoiler it looks like a good representation of Domino. It also has that cover panel behind the seats, raised hood and roll bar. The spokes on the alloy wheels look right also, just need a chrome finish. Its nice to see someone going to work on the TKR vehicles, good luck.

Sarfraz

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

My Attack Beast model.

Post by CB2001 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:01 am

Thanks sarfraz.

I'm also hoping to do the bikes, but have them the correct size to fit along with the others (you know 1/25 scale), because I don't want to end up making them in different sizes and having a weird version of the group.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:02 pm

Check "My TKR models Update" post for latest update: http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... .php?t=325