1/18 Die Cast KITT Coming In December

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:59 pm

I find it odd that they can consider the K.I.T.T. model a "best seller" since it hasn't even debuted yet. There must have been a plethora of pre-orders for it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:06 pm

i would never pre-order something like that. it's taking a gamble on whether you'd be happy with the final result.

for the general public, i suppose it's ok.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:48 pm

Dan,
Keep us informed! It's getting closer!

Chris

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:16 am

if u afford it, its no problem.

its not like you order something really expensive? doh :)

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:35 pm

Got a catalogue from GPL this week too - it has some text about the car, but the photo isn't of the diecast model. It has the grills on the front bumper (not the lights on the 1/18 ), and it says "Knight 2000" in the middle of the bumper under the scanner. Is this the ERTL/ 1/25th model kit - it's definantly not the ERTL diecast!?!

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

probably

Post by corlando52 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:26 pm

Dan,
It sounds like the 1/25th model, because, even my original MPC kit had that Knight 2000 etched under the scanner that I had to sand off, and the grills, which I had to cut out.

Chris

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:15 am

....thats because it is. The image is also mirrored.....notice the cowl hood Daniel?

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:08 am

Looky what I just got. This is a great addition to my DeLorean's, Fast & Furious cars, General Lee, Ecto-1 and Burton Batmobile! KITT will need to join them soon!!!

I noticed something interesting. The packaging on both the Gran Torino & the General Lee has changed from a nice American Muscle box to a cheesier Joy Ride box.

Just an observation.

PS - Anyone else have this? I ask because the trunk looks like it opens, and I can pry it a bit. But I can't open the thing!!! Thoughts?
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:41 pm

Sounds like there may be a screw on the underside of the car to unlock the trunk. Its a common thing on AutoArt Rally cars. Simply untighten the screw to release it. There should be a sticker or some indications on the underside. Usually the screw is much smaller than the others around it.

Hope that helps
Sarfraz

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:15 pm

Apparently my KITT is due "abit later than the 17th". Probably nearer the end of the month he said. :( :( :(

Definantly November though he said.

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:53 pm

Just had a peek at GPL's website, and they have a new photo of the interior. They've replaced the official ERTL photo with one I've never seen before - could this mean it's now in stock? The description hasn't been updated; still says November, but the photo is different to the pic on the Aoshima leaflet (T-Tops are on!).

KITT Photo at GPL

:D :D :D

Looking at the pic in more detail, there are 3 differences between this and the photo of the Aoshima dashboard on the leaflet.

1 - There isn't a Pontiac logo at the centre of the hubcap, as seen on the model in the Aoshima mockups (zoom in on the GPL pic and look at the front wheel - no sign of the red decal. Compare this to the Aoshima leaflet, where the car clearly has the Pontiac logo on the wheel trim)

2 - The T-Top on the Aoshima photo is removed. In GPL's pic, it's on the car.

3 - There is no white lettering on the tyre in the GPL photo!

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:25 pm

No white lettering? My hopes are really soaring high now!!!
Phil

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:28 pm

sarfraz wrote:Sounds like there may be a screw on the underside of the car to unlock the trunk. Its a common thing on AutoArt Rally cars. Simply untighten the screw to release it. There should be a sticker or some indications on the underside. Usually the screw is much smaller than the others around it.

Hope that helps
Sarfraz
*******EDIT*******
Thanks for the reply!!! I looked on the bottom of the car and no screw :( Makes no sense! The trunk lid is clearly a seperate piece. In fact, on the other Ertl Gran Torino model, it opens to reveal a detailed spare.

DOH!!!
Phil

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:55 am

DanielB wrote:Just had a peek at GPL's website, and they have a new photo of the interior. They've replaced the official ERTL photo with one I've never seen before - could this mean it's now in stock? The description hasn't been updated; still says November, but the photo is different to the pic on the Aoshima leaflet (T-Tops are on!).

KITT Photo at GPL

Looking at the pic in more detail, there are 3 differences between this and the photo of the Aoshima dashboard on the leaflet.

1 - There isn't a Pontiac logo at the centre of the hubcap, as seen on the model in the Aoshima mockups (zoom in on the GPL pic and look at the front wheel - no sign of the red decal. Compare this to the Aoshima leaflet, where the car clearly has the Pontiac logo on the wheel trim)

Looking good... I really hope both the Aoshima and ERTL KITT will be released aound the same time... Shd be anytime from now till end of next week if we are lucky..... I can't wait any longer!!!!

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:34 am

PBH wrote:
sarfraz wrote:Sounds like there may be a screw on the underside of the car to unlock the trunk. Its a common thing on AutoArt Rally cars. Simply untighten the screw to release it. There should be a sticker or some indications on the underside. Usually the screw is much smaller than the others around it.

Hope that helps
Sarfraz
*******EDIT*******
Thanks for the reply!!! I looked on the bottom of the car and no screw :( Makes no sense! The trunk lid is clearly a seperate piece. In fact, on the other Ertl Gran Torino model, it opens to reveal a detailed spare.

DOH!!!
I had a 58 dazed and confused fury that i was converting into a christine and the thing taht was blocking the trunk from opening was part of the body itself, you have to unscrew the screws that hold the chasis tot he body and there will be a black plastic tab that covers up the hinge on the trunk unscrew that remove the trunk from the body alter the black tab to allow the hinge to move freely and re hang the trunk and re attach the black tab test the trunk to see if it opens freely, too freely tighten the screws, then re attach teh body to the chasis.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:39 am

DanielB wrote:Just had a peek at GPL's website, and they have a new photo of the interior. They've replaced the official ERTL photo with one I've never seen before - could this mean it's now in stock? The description hasn't been updated; still says November, but the photo is different to the pic on the Aoshima leaflet (T-Tops are on!).

KITT Photo at GPL

Daniel, that pic is just a reverse image of the ERTL prototype pic shown on this thread near the beginning. Orange indicators, low profile tyres and Trans AM written above the vents near the doors!

Sarfraz

kywolverine708
Recruit

I need know something....

Post by kywolverine708 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:58 am

I preordered the 1/18 replica from
http://www.diecastmusclecars.com/moviecarscoming.htm
in August have any of you ever ordered from them or know anything about them.

thanks

MischievousJoe
Recruit

Post by MischievousJoe » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:09 am

I just wish Ertl would get off their butts and post photos of the finished product already! If it's really supposed to be released next week, there's no reason for them not to release the pictures! By the way, since it's been said the Ertl car and Aoshima car are the same; I'm buying the Ertl. I'm not wasting my money on overseas shipping just for a different box! I have full confidence that the car will turn out as good as we'd expect it to! As you may note, I've had this same confidence since I first heard they were releasing a 1:18 scale KITT this summer. :)

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:30 am

sarfraz wrote: Daniel, that pic is just a reverse image of the ERTL prototype pic shown on this thread near the beginning. Orange indicators, low profile tyres and Trans AM written above the vents near the doors!

Sarfraz
No it's not - click on the link I posted above and refresh the page. The shot has been changed - it WAS the ERTL photo in reverse (which is what I said in my post).

It's now a shot of the interior with the drivers door open - a shot with several differences to a similar shot that can be seen on Aoshima's leaflet.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:05 am

I looked at it too. it's not the Ertl photo in reverse. See...
Phil

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:15 am

The model is coming along pretty nicely, based on the pic. Hmmm, I'm drooling heavily now...They sure are taking their sweet time releasing it to the general public. :x

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:20 am

I've refreshed the page and its the same as PBH's pic, just shows the old ERTL pic in reversed.....seriously confused

Sarfraz

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:43 am

Do a CRTL+refresh.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:36 pm

...that hasn't worked me. I've used your link and refreshed using F5 and control-Refresh but its still the same pic of the reversed ERTL proto. Just out of curiousity Daniel, what pic do you see in PBH's link....as its the old ERTL pic for me.

Sarfraz

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:46 pm

I see the shot of the interior that was posted.