DVD Menu Shots!

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:29 am

AWE-SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want it I want it I want it!

lol
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:06 pm

i can still be a movie on the main-menu because the pic we see can be taken in the middle of the video ;)

advent
Recruit

Post by advent » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:00 pm

The menus are not great. They might as well of not bothered with the packaging as it is turning to be big joke. After all the STARWARS boxset artwork looks like there has been more effort into the whole set.
But with the KR set it looks more someones done it over a weekend.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:14 pm

advent--I wouldn't be so quick to pass off the Knight Rider DVD's as "being done over the weekend" as you put it. Odds are that the packaging artwork took at least a few weeks to design and finalize and the same is true of the DVD menus. Not to mention, Universal is obviously very caring about how their DVD sets look as they've already revised the packaging art twice after comments from us fans. That's a good example of a company wanting to not only please the fans but also make sure their products look as good as possible. I personally think the menus look fantastic and do look like a good amount of effort went in to making them appealing. I assume the menus are motion, which is another big plus because many companies (Disney for one) roll out DVD's that have static, nonmoving menus and have minimal extras. If you think it's so easy and you could do so much better with the packaging and menus, let's see you whip some up over the weekend then.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:47 pm

advent wrote: After all the STARWARS boxset artwork looks like there has been more effort into the whole set.
You're comparing the DVD release of arguably the most successful movie franchise in history to that of an 80s television show about a talking car?!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:17 pm

I saw nothing wrong with the menus they have so far (shown earlier in this thread). Looked good to me.