Got my Hotwheels Elite KITT!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Got my Hotwheels Elite KITT!

Post by andy-kitt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:55 pm

I am happy for you that you have received your model.

I was thinking, it is really only because of all the working features that KITT has that we are talking about them, if it was like the other Elite models that don't do much except open some doors, what would we have to write about on all these pages :lol:

MrSmith
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by MrSmith » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:16 pm

true......but is it really unreasonable to ask for some quality control at this price point?

I'm sure we would have paid $10 more if the seats worked as they are supposed to.

I love the model don't get me wrong, it is beautiful, but the issue with the seats isn't cool

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Pleased that your model finally arrived, imranbecks.

Agree with MrSmith about QC though - has anybody yet received one of these models that is free of any defects? Paint bubbles, T-tops, rear light, fog grilles, ejector seats, rear bench.... the list goes on.

KI2000
Rookie

Post by KI2000 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:40 pm

No trouble with the seats here. They are fitting well. T top is doesn't sit as well as it should but it's ok. Fog grills are not very clean. They are bent here and there but overall I'm happy.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:11 pm

MrSmith wrote:true......but is it really unreasonable to ask for some quality control at this price point?

I'm sure we would have paid $10 more if the seats worked as they are supposed to.

I love the model don't get me wrong, it is beautiful, but the issue with the seats isn't cool
I agree.. I'm with you on that MrSmith. No doubt, the QC this time around is not as good as it was on their A-Team van and the Ecto-1. I had no problems with the Ecto-1.. I'm wondering how the QC for the Ecto-1A is which was released around the same time with this KITT. Have they slackened? I have no issues with the foglight grilles on mine. The only one that bothers me is the t-top that won't sit flush as it seriously ruins the smooth and sleek look of the car. The ejector seat mechanism needs to improve. I have the Joyride 1/18 James Bond Aston Martin Vanquish, that model had an ejector seat which was very solid and kept the seat secure when its reset to its normal position. Its not sensitive and only at a press of the button beside the seat will it pop up. I'm not sure why when it comes to the KITT cars, both Joyride and Hot Wheels mess up their ejector seat mechanism.

I did a video of the 1/18 HW KITT... Do check it out... >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPBBgIwGIIA

And here is a closer look at the scanner feature which I think is pretty cool and perhaps the best looking scanner so far on a scaled model... >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RDT6xCWxnM

MrSmith
Operative

Post by MrSmith » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Yeah I have the A-team van as well, both the Elite and Heritage models, Super Elite Batmobile, Elite ECTO, I have absolutely no issues with any of them, I have also a lot of the smaller, 1:43 scale cars, Back to the Future, KITT, A-Team, etc...etc.. all fine

My lingering concern is what is the Super Elite KITT going to be like?

I have an order in place for one...

but

the big question is what is it going to be like with fit and finish?

$300-$400 is a lot of money to sink into something.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Yeah.. That is a lot of money.... Either way, I don't think I'm going to be getting the Super Elite KITT. Its too expensive for my liking. It is no doubt going to be cool. But I like the current Elite 1/18 KITT the way it is without all those other electronic features.. I would usually end up removing the batteries after a while anyway to prevent any leakage.. No doubt it will be cool... But how will the QC be like I wonder...

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:37 pm

MrSmith wrote:Yeah I have the A-team van as well, both the Elite and Heritage models, Super Elite Batmobile, Elite ECTO, I have absolutely no issues with any of them, I have also a lot of the smaller, 1:43 scale cars, Back to the Future, KITT, A-Team, etc...etc.. all fine

My lingering concern is what is the Super Elite KITT going to be like?

I have an order in place for one...

but

the big question is what is it going to be like with fit and finish?

$300-$400 is a lot of money to sink into something.
The A-Team van isn't without faults, the sliding door don't open, the front doors open like a childs toy car (out and forward), the sunscreen is too high and the flat grey is too light. On the Foundation models i've seen they are missing the black paint on the bonnet below the red stripe. The Ghostbusters I have no issues with, but then I don't know the ECTO 1 as well as I don A-Team & KITT and it is only the working features of KITT that we have complaints about, so a Foundation version without working parts should OK, but yes too many niggling problems considering we have purchased the so called "Elite" version.

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:56 pm

You also sacrifice detail on the Foundation range too. The A-Team van comes with the hood and rear doors sealed up, no aerials, no licence plates, no tyre markings etc.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Finally received today my 18th scale Hotwheels KITT :)

Removing the metal wires which hold the hood and trunk closed during shipping was quite tricky. Took some good time and effort, did it carefully so wouldn't break anything.
This is the most expensive model I have ever bought, feeling a bit guilty for spending so much but it certainly is better model than ERTL, better basic shape, popup headlights, realistic flat tai light panel, nicer scanner etc. make up for the bigger price.
T-tops don't sit flush in my model either but good thing they're more detailed than ERTL, they stay in open position and can be also removed from the car.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Looks great! I think for the price, its really worth it. Congrats on finally getting it!

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:27 pm

When I got mine the T-tops wouldn't sit flush, but by wiggling it about, and holding it down for a while, mine now sit better.

transambill
Stranger

Post by transambill » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Got mine yesterday and had to open it.
Already had the Ertl KITT and KARR to compare to.
First off mine came with a crushed corner on the black box. Pulled the top packing foam off and the drivers side mirror stuck to it so it's no longer attached to the car. The pass seat will lock in place but pops up on it's own at random. The drivers seat forget it, no mater what I do it will not lock in the down position.
My headlights also only come up half way. No biggie, still a nice feature. The license plate gets easier after it's been spun a few times but still seems like it would be real easy to break.
The chassis looks pretty good even tho there's no torque arm and if the real car had boom tubes for exhaust you would never be able to hear a conversation between the Hoss and KITT.
Overall a nice piece but after waiting on it 9 months I wish it never arrived broken and the seats worked the way they should.

I first preordered mine from Super Car Collectibles June of last year. Checked the site last week and the backorder date was pushed back again while a lot of other online retailers already had them. Cancelled that order and reordered one from Collectable Diecast.com last week and had it in 5 days and cheeper than the preorer I had at the other place.
Collectable Diecast.com still have them in stock, $129.99 plus shipping.
http://www.collectablediecast.com/Knigh ... 11532.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where are people finding the Super Elite KITT to preorder?

edouardo
Volunteer

Post by edouardo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:00 am

I had to sacrifice my michigan trip but i was able to place an order for a super elite. Picked budget shipping but it arrives in 40 days. Wish me luck guys

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:12 am

transambill wrote:Got mine yesterday and had to open it.
Already had the Ertl KITT and KARR to compare to.
First off mine came with a crushed corner on the black box. Pulled the top packing foam off and the drivers side mirror stuck to it so it's no longer attached to the car. The pass seat will lock in place but pops up on it's own at random. The drivers seat forget it, no mater what I do it will not lock in the down position.
My headlights also only come up half way. No biggie, still a nice feature. The license plate gets easier after it's been spun a few times but still seems like it would be real easy to break.
The chassis looks pretty good even tho there's no torque arm and if the real car had boom tubes for exhaust you would never be able to hear a conversation between the Hoss and KITT.
Overall a nice piece but after waiting on it 9 months I wish it never arrived broken and the seats worked the way they should.

I first preordered mine from Super Car Collectibles June of last year. Checked the site last week and the backorder date was pushed back again while a lot of other online retailers already had them. Cancelled that order and reordered one from Collectable Diecast.com last week and had it in 5 days and cheeper than the preorer I had at the other place.
Collectable Diecast.com still have them in stock, $129.99 plus shipping.
http://www.collectablediecast.com/Knigh ... 11532.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where are people finding the Super Elite KITT to preorder?
You can preorder the Super Elite KITT at Entertainment Earth and also at bbts.com.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm so Jealous-It looks Cool. I'm going to get one real soon. :good: :good:

KBKNIGHT
Volunteer

T-tops issue on Hot Wheels Elite "KITT"

Post by KBKNIGHT » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am

I own the Hot wheels Elite KITT, and the right T-top isn't as snug as the other and it is tends to pop out easier than the left to top. Has anyone had a similar issue? It is not as snug as the other, for example it tends to fall down easier. It also pops out easier, but the other t top stays in place better. It's the right t-top. Could someone send me picture of their T-tops socket. I am worried, because mine has a tiny chip that causes it to pop out easier on that side however it still stays in when tilted upside down. Does anyone else's t top have this little tiny chip blemish where the tops pop into place.I think that is why it isn't as snug. I am wondering if that is a factory blemish and just the way it is. Thanks. :kitt:
-Kenny

icudodo
Stranger

Post by icudodo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Hello All,

New to the forum here. Got my Kitt yesterday, and this my first diecast car.
Very happy with it , everything seems fine but two minor nitpicks.

I also have the same issue as KBNIGHT, one of the T-Top pops out easier than the other.
There's a minor scratch (chipped paint I think) on the bottom of the license plate. For some reason this one bothers me the most.

Does anyone know if below license tags fit for this model ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-18-scale-mode ... 2a3059ad48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you, and appreciate any help.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Took some new photos today about my 1/18 and 1/43 HW KITT models.

Some "A Good Day at White Rock" insipired photos. KITT, you're on vacation too ;)

Few 1/43 shots:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:41 pm

You know when kitt elite lays on the carpet and the wheels sink in,if you don't look directly at the smaller wheels and hubcaps it looks like the perfect kitt model.

Fantastic shots by the way.

I loved that "Grab some sun." line Michael gave kitt in season one A Good Day At White Rock.