"Code of Vengeance" Movie on YouTube

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

"Code of Vengeance" Movie on YouTube

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:33 am

Hey guys,

I've had some requests for the complete 1985 movie "Code of Vengeance" to be put on YouTube. For those of you who don't know, this movie was a "spin-off" (in the loose sense of the word) to the 1984 Knight Rider episode "Mouth of the Snake". It features David Dalton, but makes no mention of his adventures with Michael and KITT. Robert Foster produced it and Don Peake did the music. You will notice that he re-used some KR music and sound-alikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYSWDOnSnHg

Enjoy!

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

knightprowl
Operative

Re: "Code of Vengeance" Movie on YouTube

Post by knightprowl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:48 am

what about the 4 episodes? this is only the pilot, we need links to the episodes as well, if there is any that is, ive looked for this before, but never found it, it seems its off the map so to say, untill now anyways, but oh well, thanks for the pilot joe, anyways talk to you later, peace

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:24 am

I don't have and have never seen the 4 episodes. Have YOU ever seen the Pilot movie?

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:39 am

nope, ive never seen anything to do with code of vengence, so its a first for me, going to watch it later today, i guess the 4 episodes are lost in history, oh well, anyways talk to you later, peace

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:44 am

And you guys will notice that this video is the "Director's Cut" - not the aired version. This was personally given to me by Robert Foster way back when.

Joe

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:03 am

your the guy who uploaded this movie? well i didnt know that, sorry man, i just thought it was a link to someone elses video, and what do you mean directors cut? isnt that like the best version, nothing cut out or something? i dont know nothing about those kind of things, theater style and unrated is all i know about, not sure what directors cut means, anyways it dont matter, anyways talk to you later, peace

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:18 am

Thanks Joe, that's very nice of you! Everyone should definitely check it out if you have 90 minutes. :)

And knightprowl: "directors cut" and "unrated" can be used interchangeably. While "theatrical" release is usually the one put in theater, "unrated" tends to be a longer version for DVD, mostly for marketing purposes. "directors cut" can refer to a situation where the director was forced to make edits that he didn't agree with, either by a ratings board or an executive.

it's usually the vision as the original director intended, but that doesn't always mean it's better.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:24 am

oh ok i get it now, well i figured it was like that or close to it, but yes in my opinion the unrated version is the best, shows all things of the movie, stuff not shown in theater or directors cut, but they all have certain values i suppose, just according to what you like, anyways its still worth the watch even if its directors cut, anyways talk to you later, peace

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 pm

I'm not a big fan of people uploading episodes and movies online. From a content security perspective, Robert Foster probably should not have given out that tape. But he did, and I'm not sure what that means. I'll leave it at that.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Never saw Code of Vengeance before, that was interesting to watch, thanks for sharing it! Loved the scene where the old man watched Knight Rider, from the sound it must've been KITTvsKARR :D

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:18 pm

I watched this yesterday. Not too bad. Not sure if it rated a series. I did notice when the bad guys came for the old man that there was an episode of KNIGHT RIDER playing on the tv.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:00 pm

I'll say the music is familiar; the very first cue in the episode is a stock cue from "Knight Rider" he used in at least two episodes ("Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" and one of one of those Hitchcock MEdia Records Volumes). Not a re-performance, but the same cue.

And the old guy is watching "Knight Rider" on TV; you can hear K.I.T.T. and Michael conversing.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:55 pm

yes he was watching kitt vs karr. if you have seen that episode before then you should know it by heart. its one of the best knight rider episodes ever made. anyways yes it was a good movie. but i still would like to see the second movie and 4 episodes if you can ever find them joe. anyways it dont really matter to me. but it would be a nice watch, getting to finish up the entire short runned series. anyways atleast we got to see the first movie. anyways talk to you later, peace

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Yep - and if you listen closely, the episode they are playing is "K.I.T.T. vs K.A.R.R."...

Joe

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm glad it was put up -- I've never seen it before.

It was quite enjoyable. Very well done, even the little minor characters were of some interest and worked.
It lagged a little in the first 15 minutes though. I feel this pilot didn't pay off enough for the lag.

Would have been nice is he still had some of hte special abilities he did in "Mouth of the Snake".

Is it just me or is his escape from the Mexican jail owing almost entirely to "First blood"?

Peake's score was nice, some better than others though. It was a little too sparce though.

The only things I can fault it for really are the hints of liberalism in two or three places, such as the opening. It goes without saying the mechanics handled it wrong and brandished weapons to threaten, but they were in the right; the parts, if he had to guy buy them, are money from his pocket, the gas to & from out of his pocket, the mechanic with him also could have been making money from somebody who paid rather than drive all the way out there to be gyped. "If it feels good, do it" and "I'm owed" -- two very poor messages that came across.

Over all I can see that it just didn't have enough to hold it as a series. No purpose. He was going anywhere specific, looking for anything or anyone in specific, no mention of being on hte run, and again -- no special abilities like in his "Knight Rider" episode. It needed more than it offered.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:26 am

Forcing the poor customer to buy spareparts worth of $164 USD when the cause was just a vapour lock in the fuel system would have been better message?
Good mechanic should've found the actual reason and fix it just like Dalton did but they decided to make "easy money" ot of her, pretty much robbing her by making her buy unnecessary parts and for the gas to the unnecessary trip to get them. I think it's good message to fight against greed and dishonest ways to make money.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:53 pm

She asked for their service and in turn time, and they provided it to help a stranded motorist. She owes them, regardless of the fix or lack thereof. This is pretty much the equivilant of running out of your check.
No one forced her to make that call. Nobody forced them to come out and help here. She asked for a service and they gave it. It's called business. If it doesn;t work out for you, you take you lumps and move on unless unlawfully run afoul. It's also called "life". Don't like it? WALK.