Why the Mio Navman Knight Rider GPS will not work in Europe.

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

saintcar
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Why the Mio Navman Knight Rider GPS will not work in Europe.

Post by saintcar » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:01 am

I have had on going problems trying to get UK and Western Europe maps from Navman UK loaded on to and working on the KR GPS. This is what I got back from Mio Navman support:

Our software will work with XP SP2 32 bit but preferably SP3. It does NOT work on 64-bit versions.
In Western Europe the devices run the MME software, In Eastern Europe the devices run Mereo software.
The Mio C310 sold in Europe ran Igo software produced by NavNGo a 3rd party company. This was discontinued in 2008.
The Mio Moov 310 in Western Europe runs MME software and uses MioManExpress maps with the _32 core. Your Mio Device appears to also run this, so the issue may be the PC software and not detecting this region. The Europe one is on this link http://eu.mio.com/shop/product_info.php ... ts_id=1086" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However of course when you go to the link they gave me the DVD is out of stock! Does any one have unlock codes or maps for Western Europe they could get for me from Radio Shack. I have tried online and yet again they do not stock them. Or does anyone know what files for the UK maps I should be looking for from my USA DVD that came with my unit and indeed how on earth to find them on the KR GPS DVD ?

Thanks

blackthorntk
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Why the Mio Navman Knight Rider GPS will not work in Eur

Post by blackthorntk » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:40 am

careful on updates i hope u backed up everything as now mio kr gps is having problems they took away kitts voice files bro.