The new KR game.

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

burbo toost
Stranger

The new KR game.

Post by burbo toost » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:45 pm

Hey, is this game any good? I have a PS2 and have seen you guys posting about how to get through missions and was wondering if the game lives up to your high Knight Rider expectations. I know every fan should pick it up, but what's your personal take on it (for those who have played it)? Thanks.

_Mad_Man_2k
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by _Mad_Man_2k » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:05 am

My opinion is that the game needs to be optimized for less-modern computers so you could crank up the detail and get a decent FPS.

Such as, Sports Car GT has comparable detail levels to Knight Rider: The game, but KR gets very low fps on my pc.
I can get around 30fps in 1024x768x32, high detail with 4x AA and 2x AF in SCGT, but in KR I only get around 5 fps with those settings, and the graphics aren't that much better.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:12 pm

Yes, the game lives up to your Knight Rider expectations if you have always wanted to drive around in KITT and do the things that he can do. If you want a complex game, that is long and very challenging to complete, this may not be your game.

But Fans find it very enjoyable for the Knight Rider connection, not it's difficulty.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:20 pm

Here is a review of the game from TechTV: (3.7 MB Quicktime)

http://www.knightridermovie.com/mpegs/techtv.mov

I think this is a very fair review, and seems to sum up the opinions of most people. The graphics are a little behind the times, the car is difficult to control and the game is not particularly challenging, but it does a good job of capturing the feel of a Knight Rider episode. Hardcore gamers won't be overly impressed with it, but fans of the show should enjoy it.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:06 pm

It's not about to make Davilex a household word or anything close to it. But it's amusing. The car takes some getting used to control. I suggest turning the sensitivity up the whole way. His steering is kinda delayed-it's strange. I wouldn't say the graphics are behind the times... Did you ever see the game Max Payne? I thought the graphics for buildings and such were very similiar.

My only real gripe with it is this: The game is about Knight Rider, about a fast, hot, talking car. And yet, the game lacks a sense of speed. Your max speed (withouth Super Pursuit Mode) is around 125mph. But the way ground is moving past you, it looks more like you're going 50mph.

HOWEVER, if you're a fan, i suggest you buy it. I've beaten 3 times and have replayed a few missions several times simply because they're fun-and its your only chance the drive KITT.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:20 pm

What is so hard about controlling the car? to me, it has a gran turismo style control.

saying that, i have it for the PS2, not pc so i can understand it being difficult there.

however, games aren't really made to be played on pc's.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;