Knight Rider GPS for Sale

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

muradraza
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Rider GPS for Sale

Post by muradraza » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 am

I have 2 Knight Rider GPS for sale. Both are 2 months used and in 10/10 condition. Come with box, usb cable and car charger. Since it is Windows CE based, I have unlocked the windows and now it can be used as a PDA as well. You can acutally see the desktop on it and launch different applications. Also other GPS software like TOMTOM can be installed on it and used side by side with the original software. I have personally tried all this and it works great. I can be reached on muradraza@hotmail.com if interested.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Re: Knight Rider GPS for Sale

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:39 am

Does it say Navman on the bottom of the unit?
If so, no one here wants it. Its a bad knockoff.
If it's a Mio one than thats different.
You should post a picture of the unit with a picture of yourself holding the GPS and a piece of paper with your screen name.

Sorry to sound like this but MANY folks have bought the WRONG KR GPS and tried to unload them on other unsuspecting Knight Rider fans...

Just want to make sure the same thing doesn't happen here on KRO.

BTW why do you have 2 units?
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Nicholas Knight
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Nicholas Knight » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:36 pm

I thought Navman bought Mio? Is the Navman version using crappier materials or something? I was going to get a Mio, But all I have found is Navman. What's up?
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:58 pm

The Navman version is being sold in Japan and is a knock off. It's software is a homebrew mix of several different GPS programs installed but it's NOTHING like the Mio one.
The cheap Navman knock off will not say your name and will not give you turn by turn directions in the voice of KITT.
It will ONLY say
"Hello Michael" on start up and that's about it.
Everyone I know who has bought these Navman China version are pissed off beyond belief.
If they were selling these in the US they wouldn't because its illegal. That's why they sell them over seas.
Every piece of software on there is pirated and is in no way truly a Knight Rider GPS.

Try and find a Mio one on Ebay. And watch out some sellers post picture of the Mio box but sell the Navman instead. (Most of these sellers are easy to identify however by the fact that that usually have a least one picture of the crappy Navman unit on the auction listing.)
If it doesn't say Mio underneath the GPS screen, don't get it.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke