Knight Rider Soundtrack (Official)

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sofchance
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Soundtrack (Official)

Post by sofchance » Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:20 am

Apparently there are at least 2 soundtracks for KR (I found both on Ebay).

There's one which supposedly has 60 tracks and various in-episode music.

Then there's another with the main theme/chase theme/search theme and the score from "Diamonds Aren't A Girl's Best Friend."

Does anyone actually have these cds? I know the main/chase/search themes are awesome, but are the scores worth buying?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:10 am

I'm not sure there were official soundtracks released by Universal. The one auction that says it from Thailand looks awfully shaddy, as Universal usually has better design skills then the graphics of the one pictured. And alot of un-authorized stuff comes from there.

There was a company called HiTech Records, that was working with Don Peake to put together a CD of the score from different episodes, which one of these CDs on eBay may be. However, there was big problems with the guys from HiTech records, as they disappeared with a lot of money that belonged to Knight Registries.

I would think you would be better off searching the net for the music, and making a complation yourself. The eBay prices seem a bit ridculous.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:59 pm

But the Knight Rider Theme was theo nly good song they ever played oin that show. It WAS the 80s after all.

To all you 80s fans, don't hurt me
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:35 pm

i bought a knight rider soundtrack many years ago when i was still using tapes..
it wasn't very good though. i think it was by car trax or something. it was pretty bad.. seems the only reference to knight rider was the title and the picture.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:39 pm

The one with the 60 sum odd tracks is the one from hi-tech records. Not sure about the other.

I have the high tech version as well as a japanesse version or two.

I believe I also have a version that was available early on for Knight Registries members. I would have to look on that one.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:12 pm

The Hi-Tech CD is awesome because it's digitally remastered from 3 episodes, including KITT vs KARR. The other one was an official Universal-licensed CD that was availabvle as a promotional CD back during the 2nd season of the show. When I bought mine on eBay a couple years ago, I was so excited to get it in the mail but only to discover that the guy who sold it (and who promised it was "an original") ripped me off. The CD I got was a dark blue CD-R with a very poor color copy of what I presume was the original CD cover and CD label applied to the CD. I'm thinking of bidding on another one on eBay in the hopes I snatch a real CD though.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff