A Hint for a Second Season on the DVD ????

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kenobi
Volunteer

A Hint for a Second Season on the DVD ????

Post by kenobi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi Guys out there.

I am Kenobi and i have written some Post (otherwhere)- First I want to apologize for my Bad English. (Because I am from Austira - next to Germany. Not Australia! But Austria. By the Way: Last Saturday "our" Television Channel "RTL" has aired the last two Episodes of the NEW KR SERIES! The Ratings unfortunatly weren't so good. [For the Last Episodes] But back to my Topic...)

I have searched for this Topic and i haven't find it otherwhere. If so - sorry for this. But i think that no one has post this before. I also don't know if someone has ever recoginzed it. And I also have also searched for the Facts and the Data, Time statement (Time Dates) to get everything correctly. Because for my Theory we need it.

(By the Way: I don't know where to post this Topic / my Theory! It has nothing directly to do with the DVD, but for my Theorie we need the DVD Package. Also this has to do with the Secons Season and the future, so i think it would also fit in "Spoiler/Future Discussions" but then I think that Thread has more to do with/ is more about unaired episodes or debates about future story lines in this forum. I think this Theard fits there mostly...Even if its not directly a campain... But now enought of this...)

My Question / My Theory is this: Be carfuel, otherwise you won't understand my Theory:

So, the first season of the new Knight Rider was released on July 28th, If i am Correctly. BUT THIS SITE - says it was released on July 28th. And the other Internet pages also. So i belive its right. (Here in Germany, Switzerland AND AUSTRIA it will be - so its the speculacion, so the rumors says - released on April this Year. April 2010 the rumors says. For me: Sooner is better... But back to topic)

But NBC's official press release revealing their 2009 - 2010 fall schedule was on May 19, 2009. Or around this Time. Sometime around May. So its May and July. Be patience for one moment and you will understand. MAYBEY I AM THINKING TO MUCH AND WAST MY TIME! But when, then its my Time.... okay and yours - because i bother you with this. And maybey i sould give it up because - KR 08 is Dead as Deann Russo comfirms it. PLAESE DON'T DELETE THIS, ONE MOMENT AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.. BY THE WAY I LOVE KR 08!!!!! And maybey its (i dont know the Phrase in English) ... it is fetched to far. But i have recognized this....

Attention:

I have seen a lot of Series coming and going and some stays long. Some doesn't. Stargate SG 1 has 10 (!) Seasons. Some Series 7. And other Series only 1 Seasons like KR. Law and Order: Trail by Jury has only ONE SEASON!!! Dollhouse (with Elizsa Dusku [who also plays Faith in Buffy and Angel]) or Pushing Daisies has 2 Seasons.

BECAUSE (!!!!) HERE IS THE POINT:

I have seen the Cover (like you all) of the KR DVD. (I wonder what Cover the German DVD will have. I supposed the same as the US one only in German) And: It says its Knight Rider: The First Season. But why is it called the First Season??????????? WHY????? Okay because it is the First Season!! But why isn't it called "Knight Rider: The Complete Series"????

For Example: Firefly. The Series from Joss Whedon who has created Series Legends like "Buffy the Vampire Salyer" and "Angel" its Spin Off. The Series "Firefly" is starring Jewel Staite (who later plays Doctor Keller in Stargate Atlantis) Nathan Fillion and other Actors... (To Name all it would be too long). IT HAS ONLY ONE SEASON!!!! AND ON THE DVD COVER OF FIREFLY YOU CAN READ: Joss Whedon's Firefly "The Complete Series". They called it the Complet Series and not Season One.

Or another Example: Law and Order: Trail by Jury, ALSO A SERIES BY/FROM NBC (!!!!!!) YES LAO IS FORM NBC!!!!... So Law and Order: Trail by Jury (Starring Bebe Neuwirth [ I love her. I also love her alter Ego Lilith Sternin-Crane in Cheers]) has also only One Season. And on the DVD Cover its wirtten "Law & Order: Trail by Jury" and "The Complet Series". You can see Bebe on the Right Side of the Cover, Fred Dalton Thomas on the Left near Jerry Orbach. And the Cover use the "&" Sign insead of the Word "and". It written "Law & Order" (as they allways used for every LAO Series...) instead of "Law and Order"! BUT THATS NOT THE POINT, THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THEY CALL IT... IT'S CALLED THE COMPLET SERIES!

Okay, you will never (I belive) find and DVD where its written "The First Season and the complete Series". Because its the First Season or the DVD Box contains the full, complet Series. But what if the full Series is only for one Season? If this one paticular Sesason is the full Series? Then i doubt the most would use the "words" / the phrase: The Complete Series.

Shows like Pushing Daisis or Dollhose hase 2 Seasons. ONLY TWO, but its one more the KR oder Firely or Series with only 1 Season. They have to use the Word Season. So we the Audience would know wich Season this DVD contains or to help us what DVD Season we are buying. But KR???

HER'S MY QUSTION??? Why do they used the Word/Phrase: First Season? Okay it is the FIrst Season? But after the Cancelld, why don't they use the Phrase "The Complete Series"??? I mean... I hope... you can understand my question. Mabey its not important... but on the other Side... could there be a second Season? i doubt no. But maybey at that time they where considering it.... but... But the Desison NBC made to kill of Knight Rider was May and the DVD came out on July. To say the want to keep the option, for a Secons Sesaon... is ... kinda lame. Because you know if the DVD came out or would be released BEFORE NBC made the Desision what will happend to Knight Rider 08. Will there be a continuation with a Second Season or will it be only one Season? Will they (and with they i mean NBC) kill it?

So for example. AND THAT VERY IMPORTANT: Onyl for Example. Imagine: NBC announed that they will bring out the KR DVD on Jannuray 09. Okay. Thats wounderfull. You buy the DVD and on the DVD YOU CAN READ: "Knight Rider: The Complete Series" and then... MONTHS LATER NBC announced there 2009 - 2010 fall schedule and it says the KR will be back. So it worng what the DVD tells us. Then its obviously that the DVD is not the full Series. (REMEBER: THIS IS WHAT COULD HAPPEND!!!!!!) Because NBC would make another Season. And if they kill the Series after Season 2, then KR has 2 Seasons. Then the Full Series are this two seasons. The same with 3,4,5 and so on. The Orignal Knight Rider Series has 4 Seasons and together they are the full complete KR Series. If they released the Knight Rider 08 DVD bevore the Line up of NBC and they will keep the options free for another Season they would write "Season 1" on the DVD. But they have released the DVD after the Line up announcment. After they (NBC) know that they will not contiuned KR 08. Why do they use the Phare "First Season"? I know probably this havent much to meant. But... on the ohter side. I know they (not only NBC but other Stations, People) also love it to use the Phrase "Complete Series" if its Possible. And on KR its possible thus that KR won't return for a Second Season- I have ask Friend, ans some are saying: "What-- I don't understand what you want or what you saied..." and other Firends are saying... "Look, the... the Studio... the Cannel? what Was Channel was it??" So I replied "NBC" My Friend:"...Yeah... NBC! Look NBC want to keep the option for a Second Season of it. There you have it!!" And then i answered: "But the DVD came out after they knowing KR won't get a Second Season" ... And my Friend has no answers...

So what do you Guys out there Think. Silly Theory? Have I too much Time to think? Or a Hint for a Second Season on the DVD????????? Or bad Timing? I would like to here your... Opinion on it. Or your Theory.

Why does they use the Phrase "1 Season" on the DVD instead of "Full Series" or "Complete Series". It it possibly a hint that KR will return for a Second Season. But ont he other Side i hear that they have destroyed the SCC Set, and that Justin Bruening has moved on so as the Billy Actor Campell does and that "Deanna Russo" confirmed it dead?? But on the Other Side NBC has said that they are looking for Series to come pack and that they have inclued the new KR Series in the NBC comment Site. You want to leave a comment on our Series. Click for the Series you want to leave a comment: Law and Order, ect, ect. and Knight Rider: The Orignial Seris, AND (!!!!!) the new KR Series! But the new KR Seris is cancelld? What the Hell??? With all the Hints.... could it be possible? Or is it only Speculation at this time....

I still belive that "one FAN can make a difference"

So,

Kenobi. See you again leter.

AND THANKS FOR READING IT!!!!!

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: A Hint for a Second Season on the DVD ????

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:23 pm

Kenobi, what probably happened is that the artwork for the DVD was done before the show was not renewed. Pre-production is done months ahead, so while one might think it's an easy fix to change printing, it isn't. A show that has a DVD of it's only season (but is called the 1st season) is the Dresden Files which was on Sci-Fi back in 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dresde ... _series%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the NBC website, the key thing to note is that on the left hand side are shows that are on the Fall 2009 lineup. It's not completely up to date, hence they still have Conan listed, and I wouldn't be surprised if it stays that way for months. The shows where KR 08 appears under recent favorites have all been canceled. They are no longer in production. Sorry...

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:53 am

in france the dvd cover says the complet series

kenobi
Volunteer

Post by kenobi » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:54 am

Oh I see. (By the Way I try to find a Picture of the France Package but i didn't. Its hard to find a Pic of it) And yes, i have found a Picture of The Dresden Files DVD. Its called the complete First Season.

Beause i tought, May and July. Its 3 (!) Month. And i thought thas a lot of Time. But you might got right the Cover might done before and chanching it was not so easily...

So thanks for the Help. It seems that the Hint wasn't really a Hint. It was... bad, wrong Timing. It seems that the DVD Cover was done before they Desided to not renewed the Show, so at that time the Cover was made they didn'T know. And NBC want to keep the option free. (Beause if they put the Phrase "Complete" at the Cover of the DVD but then, after that, then make another Season it would not looking good.)

I understand. So it looks like it has nothing to do with "Hints-for-a-Second-Season".

But thanks for Help.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:58 pm

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/images/ ... 633&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

look at the bottom of the cover l'integral de la série = the complete series (in french)

kenobi
Volunteer

Post by kenobi » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Oh now I see. Thank you very much for the Pic. Thank you very much!!!! Thanks!!!