Just a thought regarding Garthe and Goliath.......

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Darendor
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Just a thought regarding Garthe and Goliath.......

Post by Darendor » Wed May 28, 2003 12:56 am

Okay it's 1AM and I had a thought. Why is it that FLAG, with all of its resources, settled for a plain repainted Peterbilt 18-wheel semi truck as a mobile headquarters for KITT and Michael et al, while Garthe Knight was able to build a semi truck with the Molecular Bonded Shell, missiles and all that jazz while evading the authorities of (at least) two countries? Can anyone explain that?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed May 28, 2003 7:15 am

Perhaps they put all their time and resources in one they forgot about the other? Perhaps it was a financial decision. Alot more expensive to protect a semi then a small car. When your trying to take over the world, cost doesn't seem to matter.

_Mad_Man_2k
Recruit

Post by _Mad_Man_2k » Wed May 28, 2003 9:18 am

I suggested the cost thing to him in the chat room last night.

Also, why does Goliath pull that trailer? Does he (more like it, I don't think it talks) need something inside, like a nuclear reactor, for power?

stevem
Volunteer

Post by stevem » Wed May 28, 2003 9:34 am

I'm not sure about the first show with Goliath but in the second one wasn't he carrying some sort of missles or something in the trailer.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed May 28, 2003 9:39 am

In the first show, he was heading into a secret place in the desert outback called Redbluff.

I think he was attempting to steal some missiles from there but I could be wrong since it's been a while since ive seen it.

it isn't one of my fave eps.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed May 28, 2003 10:23 am

Well, I dont think that Flag thought the semi would ever be a target. Just another truck on the road. With the exception of Karr's attack on it and the hijacking of it in season 4, the semi just basicly did its thing. I just dont think they saw a reason for a MBS on it. Cost was probably a factor as well.

As far as Goliath. The trailer was used in the first encounter to steal Missles from redbluf. Since only the cab was destroyed in the first one, Adriene rebuilt the cab and placed the trailer back on. I dont think Goliath would be as menacing looking without it. The trailer in pt 2 was mainly to lock Claude Berkstrum in during the final few minutes of the show.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Wed May 28, 2003 7:14 pm

knightdriver wrote:Well, I dont think that Flag thought the semi would ever be a target. Just another truck on the road. With the exception of Karr's attack on it and the hijacking of it in season 4, the semi just basicly did its thing. I just dont think they saw a reason for a MBS on it. Cost was probably a factor as well.

As far as Goliath. The trailer was used in the first encounter to steal Missles from redbluf. Since only the cab was destroyed in the first one, Adriene rebuilt the cab and placed the trailer back on. I dont think Goliath would be as menacing looking without it. The trailer in pt 2 was mainly to lock Claude Berkstrum in during the final few minutes of the show.
Well you would think that with KITT and all of Bonnie's gadgets for keeping him in top shape they would make some effort to prevent someone with a machine gun from blasting their way in and stealing all of the technology.

Can you imagine KARR exploding on impact with the trailor's rear doors?...

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed May 28, 2003 7:30 pm

Well, I would think that 99.9% fo anyone who blasted their way into the semi with a machine gun would look around and see a ton of computer crap. They wouldn't know what to do with it. The Hijacking episode in season 4 is a great example of this. They take the semi, open it up, and were ready to count their losses until Nicholas told them what they had. Most people would just go....hmmmm. weird.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

knight rider uk
Rookie
Location: somewhere over the rainbow way up high theres the one that i dream of once in a lulleby.

Post by knight rider uk » Wed May 28, 2003 8:54 pm

has anyone ever noticed that when goliath hit the water part of his roof was missing!!!!! did garth activate a shelded escape pod and escape but got badley injured in the process after all who was mobious in tkr!
---------------------------------------------------------------
your lives mean nothing to me

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed May 28, 2003 9:10 pm

correct me if i am wrong, as well as the semi being able to drive itself in season 4, didn't they also apply MBS to it too?

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Wed May 28, 2003 9:41 pm

Skav wrote:correct me if i am wrong, as well as the semi being able to drive itself in season 4, didn't they also apply MBS to it too?

Skav
I don't recall the semi being able to drive itself or having the MBS applied to it, but then I have not watched every single episode I don't think...

Can someone back this up?

knight rider uk
Rookie
Location: somewhere over the rainbow way up high theres the one that i dream of once in a lulleby.

Post by knight rider uk » Wed May 28, 2003 11:39 pm

in the wrong crowd near the start rc3 is watching a football game with his feet up on the dash board and his hands are no where near the wheel yet it is moveing bye itself so flag must have fitted some form of auto drive system but i think that was the only time in was ever featured
----------------------------------------------------------
thats the whole point it thinks it has us trapped
(the wrong crowd)

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat May 31, 2003 7:55 am

Yes the semi was fitted with "autocruise"

I forget which episode its in but theres a scene where Devins tells RC3 to go back to the cab because he would "prefer a much more personalized driving experiance"

RC3 tells him that Bonnies new autocruise on the turck is "sweet"

Devin replies that its somewhat distirbing to find 40 tonnes of truck coasting down the highway with no driver at the wheel.

I don't recall ever hearing anythign about the MBS being applied to the Semi though.

[/quote]
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat May 31, 2003 4:00 pm

The MBS wasn't. If you remember in "The Wrong Crowd" if the Farrot collided with the semi it would have blown it to pieces.

SlamminSammy
Volunteer

Re: Just a thought regarding Garthe and Goliath.......

Post by SlamminSammy » Sat May 31, 2003 8:53 pm

Darendor wrote:Why is it that FLAG, with all of its resources, settled for a plain repainted Peterbilt 18-wheel semi truck as a mobile headquarters for KITT and Michael et al
I'm sorry to nitpick but the FLAG semi is a GMC, not sure on the model though. I always thought Goliath was the Peterbuilt?

And I realize you typed it at 1AM too, haha...later!

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Sat May 31, 2003 10:36 pm

yeah. i think he mixed 'em up. the FLAG semi is a GMC, and Goliath was a peterbuilt.