Knight Rider Legacy Discussion Thread

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightvision
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Legacy Discussion Thread

Post by knightvision » Fri May 23, 2003 10:26 pm

I was just wondering what you all thought was the best part of the Knight Rider Legacy book:

1) The interviews?
2) The on set and behind the scenes pictures?
3) The cover and back cover?
4) The episode guide?
5) The Knight Rider 2000 section?
6) Glen Larson doing the foreword?

Of course if you have any questions specifically for me, or for Joe we would love to hear them.

Richie

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Fri May 23, 2003 11:10 pm

I was really thinking about buying this book. Can you tell me what it's general structure is? Does it have an episode-by-episode guide? Does it discuss the little things like reuse of footage from previous episodes, the "Knight of the Phoenix" version of KITT, why the voice modulator was changed and stuff like that? Is there any info on the music (main title, fadeouts, in-episode music, end titles)?

And I've heard it has sections on "Team Knight Rider" and "Knight Rider 2000." How in-depth are they? Do they have character and car profiles for TKR? Is there a discussion on how the KR2000 series might have been like? Is there discussion on what the new movie will be like?

I know these are a lot of questions but I'm curious and want to get my money's worth.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat May 24, 2003 12:08 am

Sadly, the print with the Team Knight Rider section is in "extremely short supply", thanks to a legal issue that we shouldn't ever dig up again.

If KI were still posting around these parts, I'm sure she would bring up places to buy the book at, like the Barnes and Noble on-line book store and Amazon.com.

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sat May 24, 2003 12:55 am

Its 438 pages, 19 chapters and covers KR, KR2000, KR2010 and TKR.

The episode guide is extremely detailed, and covers all songs featured in episodes and some common nitpicks and observations.

The Team Knight Rider section covers interviews with Copp, Goodman, Brixton, Christine and Kathy and is still 2 chapters. The episode guide just has commentary and is an appendix now.

Knight Rider 2000 exec prod Alan Levi and Carmen Argenziano discuss why the series didnt work for NBC.

Larson wrote the foreword, he mentions the movie briefly and of course discusses the pilot and Robert Foster talks about KITT's voice box change as well as Soul Survivor.

Daniels discusses KITT as well as some funny stories scattered throughout about his troubles with the role.

Richie

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sat May 24, 2003 12:57 am

A quick search at http://www.bn.com under Knight Rider Legacy, or at http://www.amazon.com under Knight Rider Legacy will come up with the book.

Richie

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sat May 24, 2003 2:22 pm

and of course amazon.co.uk has it for sale too!
Having brought the first copy of the book i thought the interviews were interesting, but a little too much detail and pages used for the episodes.

K.I.T.T

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sat May 24, 2003 11:01 pm

Considering the 1st edition is not available, I really feel it inappropriate to discuss it. The 2nd edition has additional interviews (KITT's creator Micheal Scheffe for instance), additional photos provided by Rebecca Holden as well as the ratings of all the episodes.

The 2nd edition also has 2 color photos on the back and was professionally layed out, compared to the 1st edition.

Keep those questions coming, love talking about what went into the book and I urge those who don't have the 2nd edition to buy it.

Richie

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Sun May 25, 2003 12:48 am

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a nice book ~_-

djbrad98
Volunteer

Post by djbrad98 » Sun May 25, 2003 2:51 am

im buyin it.........ill let ya know what i think........sounds like a good book!

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun May 25, 2003 9:46 am

knightvision wrote:Considering the 1st edition is not available, I really feel it inappropriate to discuss it.
Darn, you asked!!

K.I.T.T

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sun May 25, 2003 8:23 pm

I'm sorry I didn't clarify about which edition I wanted feedback on. The 2nd edition is the one I meant, simply because the other edition is not available to the public.

The 2nd edition represents what Joe and I feel is the best book we could put forward.

Thanks
Richie

knight rider uk
Rookie
Location: somewhere over the rainbow way up high theres the one that i dream of once in a lulleby.

Post by knight rider uk » Sun May 25, 2003 8:57 pm

i have yet to even see the book i dont surpose anyone knows a shop(non internet) that has it in england at all as i would love to add it 2 my collection
--------------------------------------
WELLCOME ABOARD THE KNIGHT 2000

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sun May 25, 2003 10:46 pm

I can always order the book off of amazon.com for you and then ship it out to you in the UK but its going to be a lot more then the 22.95 cover price, but I would offer to sign it for nothing.

Richie

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Mon May 26, 2003 9:18 am

Still no luck with this being sold in any local bookstores?

Cheri

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Tue May 27, 2003 4:06 pm

Its entirely up to a bookstore if they want to carry it, but if you go into any Barnes and Nobles book store and give them the isbn number they can order the book into the store directly for you.

I hope that suggestion helps.

Richie